Free Republic 3rd Qtr 2026 Fundraising Target: $81,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $19,442
24%  
Woo hoo!! And now only $808 to reach 25%!! Thank you all very much!! God bless.

Keyword: splcbot

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Russia shipping drones, explosives to rebuild Iran’s supply after US, Israeli strikes: report

    08/18/2026 2:31:33 PM PDT · by thegagline · 17 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/18/2026 | Ronny Reyes
    Russia is shipping parts for drones, missiles and explosives to Iran to replenish its weapons stockpiles decimated by US and Israeli airstrikes during the war, according to a new report. More than two dozen Russian ships, many of them under US and European sanctions, traveled across the Caspian Sea to deliver the arms to Iran’s port in Amirabad, NBC News reported, citing documents and a Western official. While the development demonstrates Moscow and Tehran’s deepening alliance, it also proves that the US-Israeli strikes against Iran’s production plants have been largely successful, Jim Lamson, a former CIA analyst, told the outlet....
  • Vance: Low Oil Prices Are Top US Goal in Iran Conflict

    08/14/2026 7:39:07 AM PDT · by thegagline · 53 replies
    NewsMax ^ | 08/14/2026 | Staff
    Vice President JD Vance said Thursday that the top US priority in the Iran war was keeping oil and gasoline prices low for Americans, with preventing Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon ranking second.The remarks contrasted with President Donald Trump's repeated framing of the fight: that entering the war had the sole objective of preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, even if that meant short-term economic sacrifices for Americans.Vance's comments also underscored the growing reality that the war now centers on control of the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran has forced to the top of the negotiating agenda. "I...
  • Trump calls Iran ‘all talk and no action,’ touts ‘Wall of Steel’ US Navy blockade as more oil flow

    08/12/2026 10:09:21 AM PDT · by thegagline · 18 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/12/2026 | Ronny Reyes
    President Trump claimed Wednesday that the US has complete control of the Strait of Hormuz, one day after Energy Secretary Chris Wright confirmed increasing oil exports from the crucial waterway as Iran’s economy continues to free fall. “The U.S.A. has total control over the Strait of Hormuz. I THINK WE WILL KEEP IT!” Trump proclaimed on Truth Social. “Our Naval Blockade is being called, by everyone, ‘A WALL OF STEEL,’ and there is nothing Iran can do about it,” he added. ***“On Sunday alone, over 20 million barrels left the Arabian gulf region, which is above the pre-conflict average.” Only...
  • Billionaire heiress who backed Mamdani now shoveling cash to House Dems in hopes of party takeover

    08/08/2026 4:02:11 PM PDT · by thegagline · 64 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/08/2026 | Geoff Earle
    Billionaire heiress Elizabeth Simons is pouring hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Democratic Party’s campaign to retake the House — even as she bankrolls the socialist causes and candidates that have Democrats’ establishment leaders increasingly on edge.Simons, who previously cut a $250,000 check to a super PAC backing Mayor Zohran Mamdani, has donated $354,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee — the party’s chief House campaign arm — and thousands more to individual House candidates this election cycle. The donations, ironically, put Simons behind the same Democratic leadership forces trying to prevent the party’s increasingly powerful progressive wing from...
  • Iran: Control of Strait of Hormuz 'Irreversible'

    08/08/2026 10:38:16 AM PDT · by thegagline · 98 replies
    NewsMax ^ | 08/08/2026 | Staff
    An Iranian military spokesman said Saturday that Tehran's control over the Strait of Hormuz is "irreversible," warning that the United States must accept the new status quo or face even greater costs. "The Iranian order prevailing over the Strait of Hormuz is irreversible," Iranian army spokesman Brig. Gen. Amir Akraminia said, according to Iran's Fars news agency. "Today, the Iranian order prevails in the Strait of Hormuz, and the armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran stand firm until this order is fully established," Akraminia said. He said Iran's armed forces have the will and military capabilities necessary to...
  • Iran weighs Hormuz plan banning Israeli and US ships, imposing cargo fines

    08/06/2026 1:09:34 PM PDT · by thegagline · 46 replies
    Ynet Global ^ | 08/06/2026 | Lior Ben Ari
    Preliminary proposal reported by Iran’s Tasnim agency would also block Israel-linked cargo, demand compensation from ‘hostile states’ and fine violators up to 20% of cargo value; separate Iranian report says Tehran and Oman are discussing service fees and a jointly managed shipping corridor Iran’s parliamentary National Security Committee is reviewing a preliminary “strategic plan for managing the Strait of Hormuz” that would bar Israeli and American vessels from the critical waterway, according to a report Thursday by Iran’s Tasnim news agency. The reported proposal would also prohibit the passage of Israeli-linked military and civilian cargo, demand compensation from countries deemed...
  • Trump ‘clashes with Hegseth’ over missile shortages

    08/06/2026 10:11:30 AM PDT · by thegagline · 82 replies
    The Telegraph ^ | 08/06/2026 | Emily Smith
    Donald Trump clashed with Pete Hegseth over a claim that a US munitions shortage could limit his options in the Iran war, according to reports. The US president confronted his defence secretary at Camp David, his country retreat in Maryland, demanding to know why he had been misled about the missile shortage. The clash occurred on the sidelines of Mr Trump’s cabinet meeting on Friday, at which he said that he thought the missile issue “had been fixed”, two people familiar with the matter told the Washington Post. The White House dismissed the claims as “fake news”, denying that the...
  • Suspect in alleged gang rape of LSU student Madison Brooks wants to ban pink attire from courtroom

    08/04/2026 3:01:38 PM PDT · by thegagline · 43 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/04/2026 | Patrick Reilly
    A Louisiana man accused of gang raping Louisiana State University student Madison Brooks before she was fatally hit by a car has asked that Brooks’ supporters be banned from wearing pink in the courtroom at his trial. Desmond Carter, 21, who is charged with others of sexually assaulting Brooks, 19, in a car in Baton Rouge in 2023 just before her death, claimed that Brooks’ family and friends have repeatedly worn pink – Brooks’ favorite color — in court in an effort to intimidate the jury into a guilty verdict, according to WBRZ.Carter’s lawyers pointed to several social media posts...
  • Trump rips ‘unbelievably duplicitous’ Iran for denying peace talks after he scrapped weekend strike plans

    08/03/2026 11:07:39 AM PDT · by thegagline · 80 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/03/2026 | Caitlin Doornbos
    President Trump on Monday blasted Iran’s leadership as “unbelievably duplicitous,” accusing Tehran of privately pursuing peace talks with the US while publicly denying any negotiations were taking place days after he called off a massive military campaign planned for the weekend.In a Truth Social post, Trump claimed Iranian officials had sought a meeting with the US before turning around and insisting they were only in talks with Oman over plans for the Strait of Hormuz. “They ask for a meeting, some would say ‘beg,’ talks begin, with more scheduled in the immediate future, and they say, openly and proudly, that...
  • Iran denies Trump claim new peace talks planned after US calls off attack

    08/03/2026 7:47:09 AM PDT · by thegagline · 89 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/03/2026 | Samuel Chamberlin
    The Iranian government flat-out rejected President Trump’s claim that new negotiations were due to get underway later Monday, with officials stating that no talks were taking place or scheduled.Trump, 80, told reporters en route to Washington Sunday night that he had called off a planned “massive attack” on Iran at the request of US partners in the region — including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.“They thought that a deal is imminent,” said the president, later adding: “Now what we’re doing is talking to them [Iran], in the form of a ​negotiation. It begins tomorrow afternoon.” Iran Foreign...
  • MTG, Massie get onboard with Tucker Carlson plan to launch third party, 'movement has come'

    08/03/2026 7:12:07 AM PDT · by thegagline · 153 replies
    Just the News ^ | 08/03/2026 | Kevin killough
    Former Republican Majorie Taylor Greene posted a photo this weekend of herself, Tucker Carlson and Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., along with the statement that "the movement has come." Last month, Carlson said he was planning to create a new political party, the Columbia Journalism Review reported. Greene's photo, posted on X on Saturday, featured the three, who have been sidelined over their opposition to President Trump's agenda and suggests discussions on a third party are continuing. "We said no more foreign wars and we meant it and supported Donald Trump because he made that promise. But he’s betrayed us all....
  • Iran denies Trump’s claim of Hormuz deal: ‘There is no agreement’

    08/02/2026 10:45:12 AM PDT · by thegagline · 109 replies
    Ynet Global ^ | 08/02/2026 | Lior Ben Ari
    Hours after Trump canceled a planned strike and said the outlines of a deal had been reached, a regime-linked Iranian outlet said the strategic waterway would remain closed as long as US ‘hostile actions’ continue. Iran on Sunday denied that it had reached any agreement to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, directly contradicting U.S. President Donald Trump hours after he canceled a planned strike and announced that the outlines of a deal had been reached. “There is no agreement on reopening the Strait of Hormuz,” Iran’s regime-linked Fars news agency reported. “As long as the United States continues its hostile...
  • Commerce Department quietly announces 7 new equity stakes in private companies

    07/30/2026 4:02:47 PM PDT · by thegagline · 29 replies
    The Hill ^ | 07/30/2026 | Miranda Nazzaro
    The Department of Commerce quietly announced*** it will designate more than $870 million in federal incentives for semiconductor manufacturing in exchange for a minority equity stake in seven companies. *** the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) said Commerce’s CHIPS Research and Development Office signed letters of intent with seven companies to provide a combined $874 million in federal funding under the landmark CHIPS and Science Act. *** “The Department will receive a minority, non-controlling equity stake in each company as a condition for receiving the funds to enhance the return for the U.S. taxpayer,” NIST wrote. Up to...
  • US judge blocks Trump administration's visa limits for social media researchers

    07/15/2026 2:09:45 PM PDT · by thegagline · 44 replies
    Reuters ^ | 07/14/2026 | Nate Raymond
    A federal judge ​on Tuesday blocked U.S. President Donald Trump's administration from enforcing a policy that targets foreign nationals who ‌study disinformation and hate speech on social media for visa denials and deportation. Chief U.S. District Judge James Boasberg in Washington sided with, opens new tab the Coalition for Independent Technology Research in finding that the administration's policy likely unlawfully burdens the speech of non-citizen researchers in the United States in ​violation of the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment. The group's lawsuit alleged that the U.S. State Department, while claiming it is ​fighting online censorship that Trump's allies have argued has...
  • 5 people killed, 2 injured in targeted East St. Louis family shooting

    07/12/2026 9:45:04 PM PDT · by Governor Dinwiddie · 78 replies
    St. Louis Public Radio ^ | July 12, 2026 | Alex Heuer
    Five people were killed and two others were injured in what Illinois State Police Director Brendan Kelly described as a targeted mass shooting against one family over the weekend in East St. Louis. Two suspects, ages 15 and 16, have been arrested in connection with the investigation. Authorities said the suspects were taken into custody at Holten State Park. As of Sunday evening, their names had not been released. The shootings took place at three different places in the city — Jones Park, a residence in the area of 39th and Summit and the Samuel Gompers Homes. “The picture is...
  • Family & Activists CRY RACISM Over Black Man Gets SMOKED By National Guard For Pointing Gun At Them

    07/08/2026 2:47:30 PM PDT · by SmokingJoe · 29 replies
    YouTube ^ | 07/08/2026 | Black Conservative Perspective
    This video from Black Conservative Perspective discusses the fatal shooting of 20-year-old Tyrron Johnson by Tennessee National Guard soldiers in downtown Memphis during the Fourth of July weekend (0:00-0:15, 1:45-2:30). Key takeaways from the video include: The Incident: According to authorities, officers were responding to reports of shots fired around 4:00 a.m. when they encountered Johnson with a handgun. A chase ensued, and soldiers shot and killed Johnson after he allegedly turned toward them while armed (0:15-0:54, 5:44-5:53). Investigation: The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) is currently leading an investigation into the shooting, at the request of the Shelby County...
  • Maryland mom accused of trying to kill her daughter: ’I gave you life, I can (bleep) end your life’

    07/08/2026 2:35:47 PM PDT · by lightman · 38 replies
    PennLive ^ | 8 July A.D. 2026 | Chris Franklin
    A mother who was vacationing at a Minnesota lake is accused of trying to kill her daughter after the two argued over a cell phone. Court documents obtained by Law & Crime allege Jasmine Marie Laws, 35, of Baltimore, threw her 15-year-old daughter’s phone into a lake in Otter Tail County, Minnesota. The daughter went into the water to get the phone, and when she retrieved it, she got into an argument with Laws. Laws allegedly struck the daughter first, with the daughter allegedly retaliating by grabbing Laws’ hair. The two continued to fight, and Laws allegedly put the daughter...
  • Hair-pulling brawl erupts at KINDERGARTEN graduation ceremony after mom, 28, was accused of hogging seats

    05/22/2026 3:28:24 PM PDT · by Morgana · 86 replies
    Daily Mail UK ^ | May 22, 2026 | WILKO MARTÍNEZ-CACHERO
    A wild brawl broke out at an Ohio kindergarten graduation after a woman was accused of taking up too many seats and blocking other parents' views on their children's big day. Craig Mays, one of the parents attending the Thursday morning ceremony at Queen of Apostles School, said the fight started when a separate family grabbed their own chairs and began creating their own seating space. That made his daughter's mother unable to see, causing the confrontation to escalate with 28–year–old Jessica Anderson, who was seated just behind them at the ceremony in Toledo, about 240 miles north of Columbus,...