Free Republic 3rd Qtr 2026 Fundraising Target: $81,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $19,442
24%  
Woo hoo!! And now only $808 to reach 25%!! Thank you all very much!! God bless.

Keyword: taco

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Head Start Has Never Worked The Trump administration should have stood its ground in its earlier effort to zero out the failed Great Society program.

    08/11/2026 7:16:50 PM PDT · by thegagline · 18 replies
    The City Journal ^ | 08/11/2026 | Staff
    *** The Times has been blasting a Trump administration plan to deregulate much of this quintessential Great Society program. Since its inception in 1966, Head Start has spent more than $240 billion in taxpayer dollars on early education and anti-poverty services for low-income children up to the age of five. Now at a median annual cost of $20,000 per child in Early Head Start (for infants, toddlers, and pregnant mothers) and $15,000 per each pre-K student, it imposes detailed requirements for class size—one teacher cannot supervise more than four two-year-olds, for example—medical screenings, and in-home visits.*** Last year, the White...
  • Iran faces 'last chance' to make deal, Trump says

    08/04/2026 5:47:37 PM PDT · by NoLibZone · 67 replies
    Fox news ^ | Fox news
    President Donald Trump said the U.S. and Iran were resuming talks, claiming a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and denuclearize Tehran is "imminent.” Iranian officials, however, have denied participating in direct talks with the U.S., saying that they are negotiating with mediators in Oman. Facebook Twitter Flipboard Email
  • Trump rips ‘unbelievably duplicitous’ Iran for denying peace talks after he scrapped weekend strike plans

    08/03/2026 11:07:39 AM PDT · by thegagline · 80 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/03/2026 | Caitlin Doornbos
    President Trump on Monday blasted Iran’s leadership as “unbelievably duplicitous,” accusing Tehran of privately pursuing peace talks with the US while publicly denying any negotiations were taking place days after he called off a massive military campaign planned for the weekend.In a Truth Social post, Trump claimed Iranian officials had sought a meeting with the US before turning around and insisting they were only in talks with Oman over plans for the Strait of Hormuz. “They ask for a meeting, some would say ‘beg,’ talks begin, with more scheduled in the immediate future, and they say, openly and proudly, that...
  • Iran denies Trump claim new peace talks planned after US calls off attack

    08/03/2026 7:47:09 AM PDT · by thegagline · 89 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/03/2026 | Samuel Chamberlin
    The Iranian government flat-out rejected President Trump’s claim that new negotiations were due to get underway later Monday, with officials stating that no talks were taking place or scheduled.Trump, 80, told reporters en route to Washington Sunday night that he had called off a planned “massive attack” on Iran at the request of US partners in the region — including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.“They thought that a deal is imminent,” said the president, later adding: “Now what we’re doing is talking to them [Iran], in the form of a ​negotiation. It begins tomorrow afternoon.” Iran Foreign...
  • “Negotiations Begin Tomorrow Afternoon” – Trump Gives Iran Strikes Update

    08/02/2026 8:44:24 PM PDT · by Fawn · 65 replies
    Noah report ^ | aug 2, 2026 | noah report
    Donald Trump said Iran begged him not to strike after they found out how big the planned strikes were.Trump said that the strikes “would’ve been the biggest attack since World War II. It would’ve been disastrous for them.” Trump confirmed, “Negotiations begin tomorrow afternoon.”
  • Iran denies Trump’s claim of Hormuz deal: ‘There is no agreement’

    08/02/2026 10:45:12 AM PDT · by thegagline · 109 replies
    Ynet Global ^ | 08/02/2026 | Lior Ben Ari
    Hours after Trump canceled a planned strike and said the outlines of a deal had been reached, a regime-linked Iranian outlet said the strategic waterway would remain closed as long as US ‘hostile actions’ continue. Iran on Sunday denied that it had reached any agreement to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, directly contradicting U.S. President Donald Trump hours after he canceled a planned strike and announced that the outlines of a deal had been reached. “There is no agreement on reopening the Strait of Hormuz,” Iran’s regime-linked Fars news agency reported. “As long as the United States continues its hostile...
  • Trump climbs down on Iran strikes after Saudi alarm and threats from Tehran

    08/01/2026 10:31:57 PM PDT · by McGruff · 90 replies
    The Guardian ^ | Aug 2, 2026
    Donald Trump said on Saturday night that the US would hold off on any new strikes on Iran provided a deal to end the months-long conflict is quickly reached – marking the president’s latest climbdown from extravagant threats to hit the Tehran regime hard. The Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman called Trump on Saturday to express concerns about his strike plans, it was reported. Trump’s reversal also came after Iran threatened to retaliate decisively against its neighbours in the event of US strikes, while Kuwait reported being hit by Iranian drones on Saturday and two ships were attacked off...
  • Trump Halts Massive Iran Attack Plan. Here's Why.

    08/01/2026 9:22:05 PM PDT · by SeekAndFind · 39 replies
    Townhall ^ | 08/01/2026 | Cameron Arcand
    President Donald Trump is pausing plans for a major attack on Iran, he announced on Saturday with the hopes of reviving an agreement with the country. The president was mulling whether or not to hit areas that would impact foundational elements of the Islamic Republic’s grid, as well as infrastructure, according to Axios.“The U.S.A. is locked and loaded and ready to go against the Islamic Republic of Iran, at levels of Military Terror, Strength, and Power not seen since World War II,” Trump posted to Truth Social. “Despite this, we have just been asked by Iran, and other Middle Eastern...
  • Trump says Iran agreed to ‘perimeters’ of a peace deal, cancels planned US attack

    08/01/2026 9:24:56 PM PDT · by thegagline · 124 replies
    The New York Post ^ | 08/01/2026 | Ariel Zibler
    President Trump on Saturday night said he agreed to halt a planned attack against Iran – after the Islamic Republic and other Middle Eastern countries agreed to the framework of a peace deal.“The U.S.A. is locked and loaded and ready to go against the Islamic Republic of Iran, at levels of Military Terror, Strength, and Power not seen since World War II,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. The president said Iran and other governments in the region asked the US “to hold off any attack” because “the perimeters of a deal has been agreed to.” According to Trump, the proposed...
  • 'Locked and Loaded': Trump Says 1,000 Missiles Will Drop on Iran If They Keep Trying to Kill Him

    07/11/2026 7:17:16 AM PDT · by Red Badger · 47 replies
    Red State ^ | July 11, 2026 | Bob Hoge
    As RedState’s Ward Clark reported Friday, Donald Trump has instructed the U.S. military to basically wipe out the Islamic Republic of Iran should they succeed in assassinating him. His statements come on the heels of a Thursday Wall Street Journal report alleging that Israel had informed the U.S. that Iran was mulling a new plot to kill him in retaliation for his 2020 decision to remove bloodthirsty IRGC Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani from the earth. Well, that and Operation Epic Fury, which sent former Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to the freezer. On Friday night, the president got even...
  • U.S.-Iran Latest: Trump says ceasefire with Iran over and "we're going to hit them hard again tonight"

    07/08/2026 6:36:43 AM PDT · by Mariner · 127 replies
    CBS News ^ | July 8th, 2026 | By Tucker Reals, Frank Andrews
    President Trump said the U.S. would likely launch more strikes against Iran Wednesday night, telling reporters at a NATO summit in Turkey "we hit them very hard last night," and "we're going to hit them hard again tonight." Earlier Wednesday Mr. Trump said, "as far as I'm concerned, it's over," when asked about the ceasefire with Iran. After an exchange of strikes by both countries, Mr. Trump called Iran's leaders "sick" and declared it "a waste of time dealing with them."
  • Trump should renege': Iran deal faces backlash from conservative allies. Critics say the framework gives Iran huge financial benefits without requiring dismantlement of nuclear infrastructure

    06/17/2026 3:57:24 PM PDT · by NoLibZone · 171 replies
    Fox news ^ | By Elaine Mallon
    President Donald Trump's proposed Iran agreement is drawing sharp criticism from some of his strongest supporters, who argue the deal rewards Tehran before it has agreed to fully dismantle its nuclear program. The 14-point framework agreement, unveiled on Wednesday, establishes an immediate ceasefire between the United States and Iran, with key provisions including the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, the removal of the U.S. naval blockade, temporary waivers allowing Iranian oil exports, access to frozen Iranian assets and a commitment to negotiate a final agreement within 60 days. The framework also outlines a proposed economic reconstruction package reportedly worth...
  • Trump breaks with decades of US policy in jaw-dropping confession that Iran will have missiles as part of peace deal

    06/17/2026 12:43:41 PM PDT · by dennisw · 112 replies
    UK Mail ^ | 17 June 2026 | ELINA SHIRAZI,
    In a stunning departure from decades of established US foreign policy, President Donald Trump revealed that a forthcoming peace agreement with Iran will likely allow the regime to retain its conventional ballistic missiles. Standing before reporters at the G7 meeting in France, the President argued that a complete ban is unrealistic because 'they got to have some.' 'What am I going to do? Am I going to let Saudi Arabia have missiles, but they can't have them?' Trump said during the briefing. 'Missiles aren't the problem. They hurt a little location, but they don't blow up the planet.' A reporter...
  • Even Trump’s Cabinet Hates the Iran Deal.

    06/17/2026 8:19:58 AM PDT · by Milagros · 151 replies
    TNR ^ | June 16, 2026
    CIA Director John Ratcliffe, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth all have voiced doubts about Iran’s commitment not to build a nuclear weapon. Rubio and Hegseth speak to press. Malcolm Ferguson. June 16, 2026 CIA Director John Ratcliffe and others within the Trump administration don’t think Iran is being serious about its promise not to develop or attain nuclear weapons, according to anonymous sources from Axios.
  • Iranian news agency says $24 billion in frozen assets would be released under agreement with U.S.

    06/12/2026 3:51:42 AM PDT · by Timber Rattler · 42 replies
    CBS News.com ^ | June 12, 2026 | Khaled Wassef
    An Iranian state news outlet said Friday that an agreement with the U.S., which President Trump touted the previous day as a "great settlement of the war," includes the U.S. releasing $24 billion of frozen Iranian financial assets. Iran's semi-official Mehr News agency published what it said was a draft of the 14-point agreement Friday. It includes a stipulation that Iran's assets will be released during a 60-day extension of the current ceasefire, which would begin as soon as the deal comes into effect. Iran's Foreign Ministry cautioned earlier that the regime had yet to fully commit to the agreement....
  • PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS DEAL REACHED WITH IRAN, DEVELOPING. Bombing raids cancelled tonight.

    06/11/2026 10:51:13 AM PDT · by Red Badger · 188 replies
    Truth Social ^ | POTUS Donald J. Trump
    Based on the fact that discussions with the Islamic Republic of Iran have been brought to the highest level of Iranian leadership and approved, I have, as President of the United States of America, cancelled the scheduled strikes and bombings against Iran this evening. Discussions and final points have been, in both concept and great detail, approved by all parties involved, including the United States, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, Pakistan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt, and others. The Naval Blockade will remain in full force and effect until this Transaction is finalized — Time and place of the signing...
  • Dow jumps 700 points, oil tumbles as Trump cancels evening strikes against Iran

    06/11/2026 10:43:15 AM PDT · by Miami Rebel · 21 replies
    CNBC ^ | June 11, 2026 | Sean Conlon
    U.S. equities gained on Thursday, boosted by a rebound in chip stocks after recent pressure, after President Donald Trump said that he has called off the strikes on Iran scheduled for this evening. The S&P 500 gained 1.1%, while the Nasdaq Composite added 1.5%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 712 points, or 1.5%. West Texas Intermediate crude futures were last trading around the flatline at roughly $90 a barrel. Oil prices had risen earlier in the day after President Donald Trump said in a post on Truth Social that the U.S. will be attacking Iran “VERY HARD TONIGHT.” He...
  • Trump cancels Iran strikes

    06/11/2026 10:36:56 AM PDT · by Trump20162020 · 53 replies
    Breaking The News ^ | June 11, 2026 | Christian Baha
    US President Donald Trump canceled the planned attacks on Iran Thursday due to progress in negotiations with the Iranian leadership.
  • Trump seeks to tie Netanyahu’s hands, as the partnership that went to war 100 days ago collapses

    06/08/2026 3:30:58 AM PDT · by Timber Rattler · 97 replies
    The Times of Israel ^ | June 8, 2026 | David Horovitz
    One hundred days after they went to war together to thwart Iran’s rogue nuclear weapons program, radically degrade its ballistic missile industry, end its support for the Hezbollah and Hamas terror armies, and create the conditions for the fall of the regime, the US-Israel alliance against the Islamic Republic on Sunday reached its nadir. With its north battered relentlessly by Hezbollah in recent weeks, Israel resorted to a largely symbolic strike on the terror group’s Dahiyeh stronghold in Beirut, reportedly without telling the disapproving Trump administration ahead of time that it was doing so. And, as it had warned it...
  • Trump starts Memorial Day by trashing ‘Dumocrats, RINOS and Fools’ who question his Iran plans

    05/25/2026 6:21:31 AM PDT · by McGruff · 50 replies
    NY Post ^ | May 25, 2026 | Ryan King
    President Trump kicked off Memorial Day with his traditional passive-aggressive holiday rage post against his enemies, bashing “all of the Dumocrats, RINOS, and Fools who know nothing about the potential deal I am making with Iran.” The president got an earlier start than in recent holidays, firing off his standard holiday rage post around 6:18 am ET. “Happy Memorial Day to all, including the Dumocrats, who disrespect our Military and all of the tremendous success that it has had over the last year. God Bless those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. I love you all!” he posted on Truth...