Keyword: princeandrew
-
King Charles' statement on Andrew goes as follows: “ ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and...
-
US lawmakers have urged their government to follow the UK's suit and push harder on those who were close to Jeffrey Epstein, following the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on suspicion of misconduct in public office. "Prince Andrew was just arrested," Congressman Thomas Massie, who co-sponsored the law that compelled the justice department to release the Epstein files, wrote on X. "Now we need JUSTICE in the United States." The King's brother, who was stripped of his titles last year due to his ties with Epstein, has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing. Lawmakers have asked the former prince to come...
-
An ashen-faced Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been pictured leaving police custody, following his unprecedented arrest on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The former prince looked shellshocked as he cowered in the back of a car leaving Aylsham police station in Norfolk shortly after 7pm on his return to Sandringham. Andrew, who turned 66 today, was detained by officers during an 8am raid on his new home at Wood Farm. In events that rocked the royal family, he became the first senior royal to be arrested in modern times. Thames Valley Police confirmed the disgraced former prince had been...
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has today been arrested on his 66th birthday and is in police custody. Thames Valley Police said the eighth in line to the British throne has been held on suspicion of misconduct in public office. A force spokesman said officers are searching an address in Norfolk - believed to be Wood Farm where he is exiled - and an address in Berkshire, likely to be Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he lived for more than 20 years until this month. 'The man remains in police custody at this time', the spokesman said - but the force would not...
-
Summary Andrew Mountbatten Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office Police say he is in custody and officers are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk - read the police statement in full Photos show cars arriving at the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk earlier this morning It comes after Thames Valley Police said they were assessing a complaint over the alleged sharing of confidential material by the former prince with late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein Andrew, who turns 66 today, has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing This is a breaking story, we'll bring...
-
Disgraced ex-Prince Andrew was arrested Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office for allegedly forwarding confidential trade documents to pedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein. At least six unmarked police cars and around eight plainclothes officers swooped onto the king’s brother’s Sandringham Estate in eastern England early Thursday — Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s 66th birthday. Andrew — who is still eighth in line for the throne — faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted.
-
Horrifying stories are starting to surface. With hundreds of thousands of documents already released, and over a million more still to come, journalists and researchers will be occupied for a long time to come with the Jeffrey Epstein DOJ release. Every day, new stories are popping up, including some very distressing ones. Case in point: UK police have confirmed that they are seeking information from the FBI on unverified claims published in recently released court documents related to so-called ‘pedophile ring parties’. The claims were made by a US woman, who alleged that these parties involved high-profile figures in the...
-
Jeffrey Epstein's mansion was like "Eyes Wide Shut with a twist" during a dinner with Prince Andrew, according to Katie Couric's memoir. The Duke of York told the BBC he stayed with the New York financier, who was at the time a convicted pedophile, in order to break off the friendship honorably in 2010. Queen Elizabeth II's son was dismissive of suggestions a party was thrown in his honor and said: "I went there with the sole purpose of saying to him that because he had been convicted, it was inappropriate for us to be seen together." However, Katie Couric...
-
Public records show that the late queen’s second son received official payments from the public purse as a working royal between 1978 and 2010. In 2011, David Cameron, while prime minister, decided to change the way the monarchy was funded by taxpayers. As part of this change, Cameron, a self-described “passionate monarchist”, deliberately prevented the regular publication of how much public money Andrew and the other Windsors received. The last published figure for how much public money Andrew received is £249,000 a year in 2010. After that, the queen made direct payments to him from her own private wealth while...
-
Even as the Epstein scandal engulfed the royals, the Queen “never changed her stance on Andrew.” “The late Queen, of course, adored her second son and continued to support him after his disgrace,” Jobson wrote, adding, “In her final days she kept him close, shielding him as Palace insiders continued to push for his total exile.” “She confided her support to a trusted confidant,” Jobson wrote. “‘You have to remember, he is my son.’” But while the Queen’s loyalty was unwavering, her eldest son had to take the difficult route. Following Mountbatten Windsor’s disastrous 2019 Newsnight interview, it was Charles,...
-
LONDON (AP) – King Charles III on Thursday stripped his disgraced brother Prince Andrew of his remaining titles and evicted him from his royal residence after weeks of pressure to act over his relationship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Buckingham Palace said the king “initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours of Prince Andrew.” After the king´s rare move, Andrew will be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor and not as a prince, and he will move from his Royal Lodge residence into “private accommodation.” It is almost unprecedented for a British prince or princess to be...
-
— Britain’s King Charles has started a process to strip his brother Andrew of his titles and given him notice to move out of his mansion, Buckingham Palace said Thursday. Andrew, 65, has faced renewed scrutiny over his friendship with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein following the release of his sexual assault accuser Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir “Nobody’s Girl.” Giuffre – who the prince claims never to have met – said in the memoir that Andrew sexually assaulted her while she was a teenager. Giuffre died by suicide in April at the age of 41. Andrew has repeatedly...
-
Virginia Giuffre was a "huge Trump fan," according to the woman who helped write her posthumous memoir, Nobody's Girl. Giuffre's ghostwriter, Amy Wallace, spoke with CBS Sunday Morning correspondent Tracy Smith about the book, as well as Giuffre's feelings toward Trump, a former friend of Epstein. "She was a huge Trump fan, because he campaigned on releasing the Epstein files," Wallace revealed in the interview, which was broadcast on Oct. 19. "She was very excited that he had made that one of the main planks of his campaign, and she felt validated by it." Giuffre did not implicate Trump in...
-
Buckingham Palace statement in full published at 15:05 15:05 Breaking We can now bring you the full statement from Buckingham Palace: His Majesty has today initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours of Prince Andrew. His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence. Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him. Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts...
-
Prince Andrew hosted Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell and Harvey Weinstein at Royal Lodge, the publicly-owned home where he effectively lives rent-free. The trio visited the Windsor mansion as part of his daughter Beatrice's masked ball 18th birthday celebrations in 2006, two months after a US arrest warrant had been issued for Epstein for the sexual assault of a minor. It had previously been reported that Epstein, Maxwell and Weinstein visited Windsor Castle for the event, but not that they had been hosted at Andrew's private home. Andrew, who is facing increased scrutiny over his living arrangements in light of his...
-
As a poll shows that four out of five Britons want Sir Keir Starmer to officially strip Prince Andrew of his dukedom, and the clamour mounts for him to be chucked out of his 30 bedroom mansion Royal Lodge, it will be of some solace to Beatrice and Eugenie that at least their own titles aren’t going anywhere. As the phrase goes: ‘Born a princess, always a princess’. “I know Harry has been texting Uge a lot”, says a friend of Eugenie. “There are lots of jokes about them going to live as exiled royals together in Portugal”. This might...
-
British Prince Andrew and UAE’s Mohamed bin Zayed. Andrew may go into a gilded life in exile. As the former Duke of York is massacred daily by an unstoppable flux of scandals, he is facing the prospect of being evicted from the 30-room Royal Lodge that has been his residence for more than 20 years. Prince Andrew always maintained that he held a ‘cast iron’ lease of the mansion, until it became public that he only paid ‘one peppercorn a year’ in rent. The agreement stated that the Crown would have to pay Andrew around £558,000 ($742,000) if he gave...
-
Newly released flight manifest records from Jeffrey Epstein's private plane include legendary broadcast journalist Walter Cronkite. The revered journalist - often dubbed 'the most trusted man in America' - appeared in documents made public on Friday by the House Oversight Committee. Also in the logs were Prince Andrew, Bill Gates, and Richard Branson. The documents did not suggest wrongdoing for Cronkite or any of the names listed. But it could reveal the scope of Epstein's network as well as who had access to his properties. The flight logs show the 91-year-old Cronkite boarded a flight in the depths of winter...
-
Prince Andrew is to give up his titles, including the Duke of York, he has announced in a personal statement. He has been under increasing pressure for his links with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, with calls for the Palace to take action against him. That now seems to have resulted in the prince deciding to voluntarily hand back his titles and to give up membership of the Order of the Garter. Prince Andrew has faced a series of scandals, including a court case he settled with Virginia Giuffre, questions about his finances and his involvement with an alleged Chinese spy....
-
The FBI has officially closed its long-running investigation into Jeffrey Epstein’s sordid network—declaring that no charges will be brought against Prince Andrew, effectively clearing him for international travel after years of alleged self‑imposed exile. Dubbed “Air Miles Andy” for his taxpayer-funded shopping trips abroad during his tenure as UK trade envoy, Andrew dramatically halted international travel six years ago amid fears he could face arrest in the U.S. His only known post‑scandal trip came in 2022, flying to Bahrain in private — all while rumours mounted that he was using his connections to profit via his defunct Pitch@Palace enterprise, according...
|
|
|