The man who tore down an effigy of a U.S. solider hung as a protest last month outside a Land Park home will not face criminal charges, the Sacramento County District Attorney Office said in a press release Friday. After a review of Sacramento police reports seeking an arrest warrant for misdemeanor vandalism, prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence because there was no damage to the effigy or the home belonging to Stephen and Virginia Pearcy. Charges for trespassing are not sought because the encroachment was slight and that such cases are not ordinarily prosecuted. A second incident in which...