Free Republic 3rd Qtr 2025 Fundraising Target: $81,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $39,680
48%  
Woo hoo!! Only $10 more to reach 49%!! Thank you all very much!! God bless.

Keyword: securityfirms

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Los Angeles wildfires: City's infamous red tape preventing private security from helping homeowners, firms say

    01/11/2025 9:37:13 PM PST · by blueplum · 15 replies
    Fox ^ | 11 Jan 2025 | Michael Ruiz
    Rich and famous residents of Los Angeles' fire-stricken Pacific Palisades community are frequent users of private security – but Los Angeles' infamous red tape is keeping some of their guards away from their clientele, according to private security experts.... Craig Paul, the CEO of ASC Private Security in Los Angeles, said he's got bodies on the ground willing to work, but he can't get authorization to send them inside restricted areas where his clients need them... While some private security firms are run by people with a law enforcement background, others are not, Paul said, and he sees a difference...
  • Afghanistan Closes Firm Providing Security

    01/06/2012 8:54:55 PM PST · by Cardhu · 1 replies
    NewYork Times ^ | January 5th 2012 | GRAHAM BOWLEY
    KABUL, Afghanistan — The Afghan government said Thursday that it was shutting down the operations of one of the largest foreign security companies operating in the country after detaining two of its contractors on suspicion of gun smuggling. After months of growing tension between the government and foreign security contractors, the decision marks a sharp escalation into public action by the Afghan authorities. President Hamid Karzai is in the midst of replacing foreign security contractors with Afghan guards. The Interior Ministry said it was immediately withdrawing the company’s license, although the company, GardaWorld, a private Canadian security outfit, said it...
  • Afghanistan Plans Departure of Security Firms

    03/17/2011 1:09:26 PM PDT · by Cardhu
    New York Times ^ | March 16th 2011 | Ray Rivera
    KABUL, Afghanistan — The Afghan government is planning to phase out most private security companies and replace them with its own forces over the next 12 months, according to Afghan and international officials. The timeline appears to end months of turmoil over how quickly the companies would be pushed out, and it should clear the way for projects that had been delayed by security concerns to resume development. The plan allows foreign embassies and organizations with diplomatic missions to continue using private security companies at their discretion. Other entities, including the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force and the United States...