The publishers of Zimbabwe's sole privately owned daily said on Monday its top editor had quit after authorities shut the paper down, but vowed to fight a closure that Britain branded an attempt to stifle democracy. Police shut down the Daily News last week after the Supreme Court ruled its publisher, Associated Newspapers of Zimbabwe (ANZ), was operating illegally because it had not registered with a media commission created by Robert Mugabe's government. ANZ lawyer Gugulethu Moyo said the newspaper group had applied for registration and had asked the police to reopen its offices, but the company said the paper's...