Keyword: timessquare
-
In three days and a few hours, we ring in 2024. In New York City, as per tradition, there will be an event in Times Square, including the famous "ball drop." But this year, things are liable to be different. The NYPD is mustering what strength it has left, and there's a report that Mayor Eric Adams is "sure" pro-Palestinian protestors will try to disrupt the event. He's not wrong about the disruption part. He is wrong about the "pro-Palestinian" part.Mayor Eric Adams said he is “sure” pro-Palestinian protesters will try to interrupt the New Year’s Eve ball drop in...
-
One branch in Darien, Conn., charged as much as $18 for a Big Mac combo meal, which includes medium fries and a medium soft drink. Meanwhile, that same Big Mac combo will run hungry patrons $13.69 at a McDonald’s in Times Square. Shares of McDonald’s closed up 1.7% to $260.15. Net income rose to $2.3 billion, up from $1.98 billion in the same period last year, and same-store sales in the US increased by 8.1%, again attributed to price hikes. During an earnings call with investors, CFO Ian Borden confirmed that the company’s US prices did increase in the third...
-
A counter-protest has erupted in New York City's Times Square after pro-Palestinian groups gathered to rally - just one day after terrorist organization Hamas attacked Israel, leaving hundreds of civilians dead. Demonstrators waving Israeli flags clashed with placard-clad protesters - who rallied together at 1pm on Sunday in Manhattan's Midtown. New York is the city with the largest Jewish population in the world. 'How can you support this! ******* murderers!' one man screamed - as a raucous group of around 300 people chanted 'free Palestine' during the demo. As the Palestinian faction in Times Square swelled, a group of Israeli...
-
Angry residents and workers Sunday decried the hordes of hookers brazenly peddling themselves on a Queens street, where it was business as usual the day after The Post exposed the rampant illegal trade. “The police do nothing — nothing!” fumed Anna Garcia, 42, who works at a cellphone store along the seedy stretch of Roosevelt Avenue in Corona dubbed the “Market of Sweethearts” by the prostitutes. “Drugs, prostitution, alcohol — it’s terrible,” she said of the flagrant “underground” red-light district taking over the neighborhood filled with families with children.
-
A 15-year-old boy was arrested Thursday for allegedly shooting three other teens during a fight in Times Square last week, the NYPD said. The baby-faced suspect, whose name wasn’t released because he is a minor, has been charged with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon for the July 17 shooting, police said. Cops believe the young triggerman — whose photo the department released last week — squeezed off eight rounds from a 9mm handgun in the Crossroads of the World last Monday at about 11:50 p.m. The bullets struck three other kids, ages 15, 16 and 17....
-
The Job Creators Network (JCN) has placed its latest massive billboard in Times Square, this time blasting President Joe Biden over what economist, lawmakers, and a majority of Americans describe as a poor economic performance. The JCN billboard lands in Times Square just as Biden is expected to announce his reelection bid. “Persistently high inflation continues to more than erase wage gains. In fact, the most recent Consumer Price Index report marks the 24th consecutive month that the rate of price increases has surpassed average earnings gains,” a JCN press release said. “Translation: Americans have gotten a pay cut.”
-
The Job Creators Network is hammering Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) with a massive billboard in Times Square, as she continues to brag about her role in hampering Amazon’s plans to build a second headquarters in Queens, New York, — a project that would have helped bring some 25,000 new jobs to parts of her congressional district. “If Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spent as much time worrying about creating jobs versus killing them, the U.S. economy would be in a lot better shape than it is today. Her recent victory lap over killing thousands of good paying jobs in New York City...
-
A young Maine man who recently became fixated with radical Islamic jihadism wounded two NYPD cops with a massive curved knife just outside the Times Square New Year’s Eve celebration, fracturing a rookie officer’s skull before being shot by police, law enforcement sources said Sunday. Cops and federal investigators are now taking a hard look at the internet history of the 19-year-old suspect, identified by sources as Trevor Bickford of Wells, Maine, to determine if terrorism motivated the bloody holiday attack, law enforcement sources said. .....
-
New York City authorities are posting new signs declaring the iconic Times Square a "Gun Free Zone." This comes ahead of a new state law that takes effect on Thursday, which declares several places off limits for guns. Parks, churches and theaters have also been deemed "sensitive" places. The measure passed following a June Supreme Court decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen that expanded gun rights. It also sets strict standards for issuing concealed carry concealed carry permits.New York Gov. Kathy Hochul explained Friday that legislators acted quickly on the high court's ruling because it had "destroyed the ability for a...
-
The man behind the wheel of the car that barreled through crowds of pedestrians in Times Square five years ago, killing a woman and injuring 22 other people, was cleared of responsibility Wednesday because of mental illness. The Manhattan jury accepted an insanity defense claiming Richard Rojas was so psychologically disturbed he didn’t know what he was doing.
-
NEW YORK -- A jury has found that Richard Rojas is not responsible for plowing his car through a Times Square crowd in 2017, killing an 18-year-old tourist and injuring several others, due to mental illness. Deliberations began on Tuesday. Rojas, 31, faced numerous charges in the case, including murder. Alyssa Elsman, 18, was killed and 22 others were hurt in the 2017 crash. The defense said Rojas has a history of mental illness. He pleaded not guilty. The decision means Rojas qualifies for being committed instead of being sentenced to prison. Rojas was ordered to held while he is...
-
A jury decided that the driver responsible for a deadly 2017 Times Square rampage that killed a teenage tourist and injured others was not responsible for his actions because of mental illness. .....
-
There was a manhole explosion Sunday afternoon in Times Square New York City. Security cameras caught the explosion that started a stampede. Officials say manhole explosion in Times Square the source of ‘loud boom’ that sent people running in panic
-
A New York City good Samaritan proved that chivalry isn’t dead after she discovered a wallet containing thousands of dollars in Times Square — and got it back to its rightful owner. The noble deed occurred Wednesday morning while Honduras native Eduardo Martinez was walking through the tourist-inundated area to get to work, NBC New York reported. During his commute, the man reportedly dropped his wallet, which contained $4,000 cash along with standard wallet items, near Broadway and 49th Street. Upon realizing what had transpired, the panicked man returned to the crowded area, whereupon he was approached by two police...
-
NEW YORK—Chinese state media Xinhua is running digital billboards in one of the world’s most coveted ad spaces to promote goods from Xinjiang amid rising global outcry over the regime’s campaign of repression in the region.In New York City’s Times Square just before Christmas, a giant screen measuring about 64 feet high and 40 feet wide repeatedly played a video by Xinhua, depicting Shihezi, one of the largest cities in Xinjiang, as a thriving “green” city.The 30-second video touted Shihezi as an “epitome” of China’s green development efforts, with “sweet fruits, intoxicating wines, a green city image, and a happy...
-
Molly and Beth Davis agree that mother knows best. That includes when it comes to finding a man for daughter Molly — even if it takes a billboard in Times Square. Last week, mom Beth did just that, when a 47-foot-by-25-foot ad went up at the crossroads of the world, right above Tonic. “Date my daughter” it reads, with a photo of 30-year-old Molly and the URL for her dating profile. It’s all part of Beth’s quest “to know I am leaving her in good hands.” Beth, a 61-year-old from Boston, was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 and...
-
New York City is only allowing a limited number of spectators to watch the ball drop in Times Square this New Year’s Eve, but they will be required to show proof of vaccination as well as wear a mask. This year’s New Year’s Eve in Times Square will be a bit unconventional, as was last year’s. This year, the city is capping the number of in-person spectators to 15,000 as opposed to the tens of thousands of individuals who typically attend the annual event.
-
Amid the sharp increase of COVID-19 cases, the Times Square New Year's Eve celebration will be scaled back, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Thursday. While the public can still attend, the capacity will be lowered and both vaccination and masking will be required. Under the new plan, all attendees over 5 years of age will need to provide proof of full vaccination (which was received by December 17th) along with a valid photo ID, and will need to be masked while in the outdoors pens. Spectators won't be allowed to enter until 3 p.m. on December 31st, which is...
-
Freed after two recent stabbing arrests, a man knifed a straphanger in the Times Square subway station after falling onto the tracks with him during a struggle, police said Thursday. Bernardo Carbajal got into an argument with the 52-year-old victim, believed to be a stranger, on the N train subway platform about 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, according to cops. Carabajal, 27, charged the victim with a knife and the two men wrestled, plunging onto the tracks, authorities said. After their fall, Carabajal allegedly stabbed Carter eight times, wounding him in the back, arm and neck and leaving him on the tracks....
-
The Consulate General of the Philippines was fuming on Saturday after news broke that a Filipino nurse died after being knocked down by a man in Times Square. Maria Ambrocio, 58, was taken off of life support on Saturday after suffering a traumatic brain injury from being knocked down in Times Square by Jermaine Foster, 26, who was running away after stealing someone’s cellphone, according to The New York Times... ...The consulate general said Ambrocio is “the latest victim of deranged individuals on the loose in New York City," ... The injury occurred on Friday, when Ambrocio was walking in...
|
|
|