Skip to comments.A Historic Number of Electors Defected, and Most Were Supposed to Vote for Clinton
Posted on 12/20/2016 7:57:19 AM PST by Flick Lives
The Electoral College on Monday voted for Donald J. Trump to win the presidency. Seven electors, the most ever, voted for someone other than their partys nominee.
In Washington, a state where Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont had strong support in the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton, three of the states 12 electoral votes went to Colin L. Powell, the Republican former secretary of state. One more elector voted for Faith Spotted Eagle, a Native American leader. Another Democratic elector in Hawaii voted for Mr. Sanders.
Two Texas electors voted for different Republican politicians: Gov. John Kasich of Ohio and former Texas congressman Ron Paul.
(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...
Nice graphic at the site showing the electoral count totals.
... And whats this I hear about Bill Clinton being a NYS elector ?
maybe because only democrats take celebs seriously and decided to do their ‘patriotic duty’ against Crooked Hillary, especially since they knew she wouldn’t win anyway
Ba, ha, ha! It must kill the New York Times to publish the truth for a change!
here’s something you won’t see in the NY Slimes:
This should give you reason to be grateful:
I reckon Donald will make the cuts even more.
PAUL RYAN’S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS
A List of Republican Budget Cuts
Notice S.S. And the military are NOT on this list.
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting.
Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy — $445 million annual savings.
* Save America ‘s Treasures Program — $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland — $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation — $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts — $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities — $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program — $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies — $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs — H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon ,
Eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency — $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy — $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding — $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy — $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund — $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid — $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half — $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% — $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service — $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program — $70 million annual savings.
*Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program — $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization — $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment — $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit — $2 billion annual savings.
* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and
Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts — $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants — $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning — $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission — $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration — $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act — $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy — $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership — $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program — $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt — $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development — $1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia — $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority — $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund — $775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition — $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act — More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers
(such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury,
Instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget — $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees — $1 billion total savings.WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees — $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of — $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies — $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel
On Climate Change — $12.5 million annual savings. WELL ISN’T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program — $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program — $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) — $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program — $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs — $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program — $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
*TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years
My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?!
Maybe this is why the Democrats are attacking Paul Ryan.
NY Times won’t let me on their site
in sum - Hillary lost 5 while Trump lost 2?
Is that correct?
This on the heels of the recounts that only padded Trump's vote totals and exposed Democrat vote fraud in urban areas. Might even result in a voter ID bill for Michigan!
Every stage of victory is just more delicious than the last. I wonder what they have next in store for us! Another opportunity for Trump to improve and extend upon his victory I'm sure!
We need to remember this episode carefully. Perhaps, should there ever be another successful Rat candidate we can be successful at the game they have played here!
Our local ABC TV news online had 2 different articles about Trump electors being faithless with tabloid like headlines yesterday; nothing about the Dim electors. When someone tried to comment about that a reporter for that station reported that only Republican electors voted yesterday, because Republicans won the election Democrat electors did not get to vote in the Electoral College vote. He put that in response to 2 different people. I corrected him and he deleted his post, and responses including mine, changed wording in the article- still did not put anything about Dim electors changing their vote. They wonder why we don’t trust them for news!!
Though is didn’t hurt the Trump cause ... it is setting a disturbing trend and needs to be nipped in the bud.
How many of those leftie losers have been sweating bullets since Trump met with Carlos Slim?
Does someone have a list so we can switch the channel? Noah Wylie is one.
Although I think it’s funny as hell that Hillary lost electors, they really need to tighten up the laws, and increase the penalty for electors that choose not to carry out their duty to the voters in their state. In addition, there needs to be severe penalties for anyone attempting to harass, intimidate, or threaten an elector. If Hillary had won, and electors pledged to her were receiving death threats, you’d better believe that Obama would have had the Justice Department aggressively pursuing these people.
Loreta Swit who starred as "Hotlips Holihan" in the classic sitcom M*A*S*H
Correct. It backfired on Hellary, tee hee.
Some goober on the radio was reading the Washington defector votes and said: “someone voted for Faith THE Spotted Eagle”.
“This to be nipped in the bud.”
Absolutely correct. The Rats think they have a new weapon now. They will be much more stealth next time if we don’t fix this faithless business. Suppose they only need 2 next time like in 2000. Promise a few million dollars down the road or some sort of blackmail and who knows.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.