Skip to comments.What Clinton left out about her history with Gadhafi
Posted on 10/15/2015 12:19:57 PM PDT by george76
During Tuesday nights Democratic debate, Hillary Clinton ... obscures a largely forgotten moment in U.S. diplomacy: a period less than two years earlier when she and the Obama administration were actively cozying up to the murderous Gadhafi. I am very pleased to welcome Minister Gadhafi here to the State Department, she said, warmly greeting Mutassim Gadhafi, the Libyan dictators son and national security adviser, at the State Department in April, 2009. We deeply value the relationship between the United States and Libya.
To be sure, the rapprochement with Gadhafi began under President George W. Bush in 2003 when the Libyan dictator agreed to give up his arsenal of chemical weapons and later to compensate the families of the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, which killed 189 Americans and for which a former Libyan intelligence agent was convicted by a Scottish court.
But the process accelerated in the early days of Clintons tenure at the State Department: Clinton named as her first international energy envoy David Goldwyn, who formerly served as executive director of the U.S.-Libya Business Association, an oil-industry-funded group that was actively lobbying for new U.S. business deals with Gadhafis government. In July 2009, Clinton dispatched her assistant secretary for Near Eastern affairs, Jeffrey Feltman, to Tripoli, where he met with Musa Kusa, Gadhafis foreign minister, and expressed the U.S. desire to press the relationship forward with new dialogues on trade, investment and political-military affairs. Feltman even floated the possibility of a meeting between Obama and Gadhafi at the United Nations. (They did meet that month, and shake hands, at a G-8 summit in Italy.)
the real start of Clintons tenure at the State Department, when she and other U.S. officials were embracing Gadhafis regime, not tightening the noose.
(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...
“We came, we saw, he died. *Cackle*”
One of the few solid accomplishments of W’s foreign policy was to enlist Kaddafi onto our side as an asset during W’s war on terror, back when that had some intent behind it.
Of course they killed him during the “Arab Spring”, the massive rearmament and funding of jihadis throughout the Middle East. This administration has turned things inside out.
Lybia was more stable under Gadhafi.
Kadaffi financed tow domestic terrorism through FerretCON. PLANNED and actually put in place by the black Muslim street gang (founded by a Mexican drug cartel) that controlled the community 0 organized and represented in State congress
Jesse Robinson (as in MO- they are related) Jackson’s half bro is doing life for his iinvolvement with the gang
What a statesman, huh?
1. Why did the Democrats overthrow the government of Libya?
2. Why did the Democrats have Qadaffi killed?
3. Why was there such poor protection for US government employees in Libya?
4. Why was there no rescue attempt at Benghazi?
5. Why were there no retaliatory strikes for Benghazi?
6. Why has there been no effort to bring anyone to justice for the murders of four Americans at Benghazi?
7. Why did the Democrats blame Benghazi on a movie?
8. Why did Hillary and Obama make and broadcast a video to the Arab world?
9. Why did Obama send armored vehicles, weapons and night vision equipment to a warehouse in Libya and then leave them unguarded so they could be “stolen”?
10. Why has there been no investigation into the $6,000,000,000 missing from Hillary Clinton’s State Department?
And, let’s face it...Iraq was more stable under Saddam.
The goal of the Arab Spring was to remove crazy dictators, then install Islamic Caliphates ... with cash to Barry and Hitlery.
Benghazi: Hillary Clinton Adviser Sidney Blumenthal had Financial Stake in US Libya Policy
11. Why was Hillary Clinton running her own private spy ring in Libya that had no government oversight?
12. Why have the 40 CIA employees at Benghazi not been allowed to talk about what went on there?
13. Why did the enemy in Benghazi suddenly stop their attack at the CIA facility and just allow the CIA employees to leave Benghazi?
14. Did Obama or Hillary talk directly to any of the enemy at Benghazi?
15. Were any deals made by Hillary or Obama to stop the attack on U.S. Personnel and facilities in Benghazi?
If Blumenthal was out to make money in Libya, then that means other Democrats with big power and money were involved in Libya to make money from overthrowing the government and having Qadaffi killed.
Why did Republicans fund 0bama's illegal war?
My personal opinion is that some Republicans were involved.
I think that Hillary hit Obama and the congressional leaders with the argument that, “We have to attack quickly or there will be a slaughter!”
I think Hillary also convinced Obama that there was personal money and Democrat Party money to be made from Libya.
I also think that Hillary convinced all of them that the military action would be quick and inexpensive.
I haven’t decided whether the Republican leaders were stupid, lazy, complicit or all three. I’m leaning towards stupid and lazy.
I can’t knock you for being fair minded but I lean towards cowardly and complicit. I’m running out of benefit of the doubt for them.
It’d be just outstanding if the eventual GOP nominee would be taking notes on matters like this.
The whole matter with not only Benghazi but Libya should be (but alas, won’t be) thoroughly investigated. This administration wanted Ghadaffi dead in the worst way.
Qadaffi trained a LOT of western leftists.
0dungo's expansion of the Muslim Caliphate from the Middle East into Europe could not be realized without first turning Libya into a GADHAFI-FREE ZONE. On behalf of the United Nations, 0dungo killed Gadhafi, then stoked a civil war in Syria in order expand the Caliphate Europe.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.