Skip to comments.Obama wins Pulitzer Prize and Oscar to join his Nobel Prize!!!!!!
Posted on 10/09/2009 6:33:14 AM PDT by erman
In one of the most surreal and unusual days since the creation of the earth our President has been awarded both the Pulitzer Prize and an Oscar.
These awards will join his Nobel Prize on the mantel along with his numerous other awards including;
Olympic gold medals for both the summer decathlon and the Winter Olympic medals in figure skating.
-MTV music award presented by Kanye West
-Grammy Award for thinking about writing a riff for a rap song
-Masters Green Jacket because everyone at Augusta National figured he would probably set a course record if he felt like it.
-Super Bowl MVP trophy because the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers assured everybody last year that Obama was chiefly responsible for their win
Eagle Scout Award-for his efforts in encouraging "safe school czar" Kevin Jennings to take up scouting.
-Emmy Award for his innumerable television appearances
His Pulitzer Prize was awarded, stated the committee, not for any writing that he may have done, but because of the idea that he may write a book in the future and it would most assuredly be "one of the most profound works of literature since the Bible and Shakespeare."
The Oscar was for awarded for Producer, Director, Screenplay, and Best Picture for his work on home video he shot of the family at the Grand Canyon. A movie reviewed by the New York times to be a "seminal moment in cinematic history" that would "revolutionize the way we see a family exploring the inner workings of family desperately trying to save the world".
Some have said that Orson Wells may have plagiarized large portions of Citizen Kane in homage to the Obama movies of the past. While Steven Speilberg has stated that the Hussein family has inspired roles in several of his movies, most notably Hans Solo's companion and co-pilot whose name shall not be mentioned.
Still up for consideration for the Congressional Medal of Honor, Wimbledon championship trophy and of course NBA Player of the Year honors are left ...... for later this week.
All I can say is
I could not have said it any better. Great post!
BHO has won a Pulitzer Prize for not even writing a bloody news article and an Oscar for not even starring in a movie.
Here in Texas (my “temporary” home), they’re making jokes that Obama will also win the Heisman Trophy.
I gave him a Gold Star on his homework today too!
I thought his Oscar was for the Lifetime Lack of Achievement award. He also won the Congressional Medal of Honor for conspicuous procrastination in the face of the enemy.
Oh, but he has made known his INTENTIONS to write an article, to win the US Open, and to star in a movie.
I heard he was notified of these awards just as he finished golfing. It was a spectacular round where he hit 18 holes in one!
The devil (and his minions) cannot abide scorn.
This award will invite just that.
I just woke up and my husband asked me if I wanted to hear the “outrage of the day” (there is always a “outrage of the day”. Then he adjusted that to say it was the “outrage of outrages”. When he told me that BHO had been awarded the NPP, I said “FOR WHAT?”
I pulled up Drudge to see he has the same headline...”For What?”
The fix is in folks, the fix is in...
Science and technology (Awards Won By Barack Obama)
* Albert Einstein World Award of Science - true benefit and well being to mankind (World Cultural Council)
* Alexander Agassiz Medal - a medal and a prize of US$15,000 awarded every three years for original contribution in the science of oceanography by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences
* Balzan prize - international prize for humanities, natural sciences and culture, as well as humanitarian endeavours for peace
* Bartolozzi Prize (Italian Mathematical Union)
* Berthold Leibinger Innovationspreis - biennial international award for applied laser technology (Foundation Berthold Leibinger Stiftung)
* Caccioppoli Prize (Italian Mathematical Union)
* Common Wealth Award of Distinguished Service (PNC Bank Delaware)
* Copley Medal - Physical Sciences and the Biological Sciences (Royal Society of London)
* Crafoord Prize - Sweden
* Dan David Prize - US$1 million prize honouring scientists in the field of “Future Dimension.”
* Demidov Prize - prize established in 1831 for humanities and natural sciences and annually awarded to Russian scientists in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
* Global Security Challenge - awards over $500,000 US Dollar annually to the most promising security technologies. Co-hosted by London Business School in London
* Harold Brown Award - presented annually to a person who demonstrates significant achievement in research and development that led to a substantial improvement in the operational effectiveness of the United States Air Force.
* Harvey Prize - Technion in Israel
* Ho-Am Prize - Korean awards for the development of science and culture and enhancement of the welfare of mankind
* Hubbard Medal - National Geographic Society award for distinction in exploration, discovery, and research
* Humboldt Research Award
* Japan Prize
* John G. Clark Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Cultic Studies
* Kavli Prize
* Kyoto Prize - Inamori Foundation Japan
* Public Service (Lasker Foundation)
* Lenin Prize - formerly awarded to Soviet citizens for achievements in arts and letters, cinema, mathematics, sciences and other disciplines.
* Lomonosov Gold Medal - Natural Sciences and the Humanities (Russian Academy of Sciences)
* Marcel Benoist Prize (Switzerland) - for Sciences and the Humanities
* National Medal of Science - given by the President of the United States on recommendation of the National Science Foundation to scientists and engineers in behavioral and social sciences, biology, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and physics.
* National Medal of Technology - American award for leading innovators.
* Nicholas Appert Award - given by the Institute of Food Technologists for lifetime contributions to food technology.
* Nierenberg Prize for Science in the Public Interest, annual, $25,000.
* Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics (Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences)
* Nuclear-Free Future Award awarded annually
* Otto Hahn Medal - awarded annual by the Max Planck Society
* Phi Beta Kappa Award in Science - awarded annually for science books
* Prince of Asturias Awards - Sciences, Public Affairs, Humanities (Felipe, Prince of Asturias)
* Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water - bi-annual international prize for water-related research
* Progressive Insurance Automotive X Prize - Super-efficient vehicle design competition.
* Rumelhart Prize - David E. Rumelhart Prize for Contributions to the Theoretical Foundations of Human Cognition
* Rumford Medal - (Royal Society) restricted to scientists working in Europe
* Rumford Prize - (American Academy of Arts and Sciences)
* Rutherford Medal - (Royal Society of New Zealand)
* Safe-In-Sound Award - Excellence in Hearing Loss Prevention Award
* Shaw Prize
* Stampacchia Medal (Italian Mathematical Union)
* State Science and Technology Prizes - The highest award granted for Science and Technology in China
* Vannevar Bush Award - welfare of mankind and the nation (National Science Foundation)
* Wayne B. Nottingham Prize - awarded annually for outstanding doctoral research in surface science.
* Werner-von-Siemens-Ring - tributes to persons who have promoted the technical sciences
Who has won it:
Who hasn’t won it:
Pope John XXIII,
Pope John Paul II,
Jose Figueres Ferrer,
Abdul Sattar Edhi,
HeeHee...good work :-)
CMH for sure, check it out:
General’s D.C. Trip Put Off as Strategy Talks Drag On(McCrystal told we’ll call you...)
On international relations/peace:
- The Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip and opposes a peace treaty with Israel, said the award was premature at best. “Obama has a long way to go still and lots of work to do before he can deserve a reward,” said Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri. “Obama only made promises and did not contribute any substance to world peace. And he has not done anything to ensure justice for the sake of Arab and Muslim causes.” - Kyiv Post
That’s coming from his phonebankers during the election (remember):
I guess he ‘created’ jobs somewhere.
Add Mother Teresa to those who did not win the Peace Prize. It’s completely meaningless.
“Add Mother Teresa to those who did not win the Peace Prize. Its completely meaningless.”
Uh, she won it in 1979.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.