Posted on 05/18/2026 12:31:32 PM PDT by Miami Rebel
President Donald Trump announced on Monday that at the request of Arab leaders, he’s cancelled an attack on Iran that had been scheduled to take place the next day.
“I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond,” wrote the president in a post on Truth Social. “This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”
“Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” he continued before concluding with his customary appreciation for the public’s “attention to this matter!”
The United States and Iran agreed to a ceasefire in early April that was initially supposed to last only two weeks, but has held for over a month despite the occasional outbreak of hostilities.
Trump has repeatedly warned Iran that it must accede to his terms for a lasting peace agreement or face grave consequences before extending the deadline for negotiations.
On Sunday, Trump declared that “For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!” in a Truth Social post that struck a very different chord than his announcement of yet another extension the following day.
Axios’s Barak Ravid reported earlier on Monday that the U.S. had rejected the Iranians’ latest offer.
“U.S. officials say President Trump wants a deal to end the war, but is considering resuming it due to Iran’s rejection of many of his demands and refusal to make meaningful concessions on its nuclear program,” wrote Ravid about the state of play. A senior U.S. official told him, “We are really not making a lot of progress. We are at a very serious place today. The pressure is on them [the Iranians] to be responsive in the right way.”
|
Click here: to donate by Credit Card Or here: to donate by PayPal Or by mail to: Free Republic, LLC - PO Box 9771 - Fresno, CA 93794 Thank you very much and God bless you. |
Looks like the IRGC is giving the “run around” again. They are very good at ‘begging for a deal’ and then stonewalling.
I couldn’t have said it any better myself...
For today? Okay then. Did gas prices fall?
Muslims always stand together when us infidels are invilved.
The joys of foreign entanglements. If only someone had warned us about that.
Oy vey, finish this already. Screw the Saudis.
Wouldn’t it be cool if those countries launched an attack on Iran instead of the USA just to see what they could do on their own?
I hope President Trump just gave them 24 hours to get a deal done or else we pound them into the ground for good.
But neither of you understand what Trump is doing here.
How can you have an opinion when you don’t understand what he’s doing?
Hmmmmmmmm?
Secret message from other states about the secret plan for the secret bombing at the secret time. Amazingly (/SARC) the Iranians will get more delay.
“It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.”
—United States Navy Rear Admiral Grace Hopper.
Somebody is making a boat load of money out of all of this created uncertainty. The money is either being made in trading or just outright sale of oil and other affected commodities. It is all just too damn convenient.
I have not either believed or considered reliable a thing that Trump or Iran have said since about April 5. Just so much BS.
After six or seven weeks of sitting on our hands, we continue the wait. How long does this game go on? To hell with it. Let the damned Middle East eat each other. Enough American treasure, blood, and tears. Bomb them flat, or come home. I am sick of the damned Middle East. To hell with that dump.
Exactly.
All the anti-Trumpers can do is make passive aggressive comments.
It shows lack of confidence in what you believe in private.
You have to be patient and make a few sacrifices for whirled peas. Soon, very soon, prices will fall like a rock. You can be sure of it.
/S
So the Emir of Qatar, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, and the President of the United Arab Emirates,,,,,,,,are now doing the negotiating for the IRGC? Hmmmm….interesting…..lol.
Trump knows what he’s doing.
TACO time again.
But you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.