Skip to comments.Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes
Posted on 02/25/2005 9:17:07 PM PST by Ryan Bailey
Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes
1. The Burning Fire. PIUS X. 1903-1914. This Pope showed a burning passion for spiritual renewal in the Church.
2. Religion Laid Waste. BENEDICT XV. 1914-1922. During this Pope's reign saw Communism move into Russia where religious life was laid waste, and World War I with the death of millions of Christians who were carnage in Flanders Field and elsewhere.
3. Unshaken Faith. PIUS XI. 1922-1939. This Pope faced tremendous pressure from fascist and sinister powers in Germany and Italy, but he was an outspoken critic of Communism and Fascism which enraged Hitler.
4. An Angelic Shepherd. PIUS XII. 1939-1958. This Pope had an affinity for the spiritual world and received visions which have not been made public. Peter Bander says Pius XII "has emerged as one of the great Popes of all time," and he "was in the truest sense of the word an Angelic Pastor to the flock..."
5. Pastor and Mariner. JOHN XXIII. 1958-1963. John was a pastor to the world, much beloved, and the Patriarch of Venice. The connection to "mariner" is thus remarkable.
6. Flower of Flowers. PAUL VI. 1963-1978. Paul's coat-of-arms depicts three fleurs-de-lis, corresponding to Malachay's prophecy. His coat of arms included three fleurs-de-lis (iris blossoms).
7. Of the Half Moon. JOHN PAUL I. 1978-1978. John Paul I was elected Pope on August 26, 1978, when there was a half moon. He reigned 33 days, that is, about one month, when he died, although many think he was murdered. He was the 109th Pope - is "De Medietate Lunae" (Of the Half Moon). The corresponding pope was John Paul I (1978-78), who was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became pope on August 26, 1978, when the moon appeared exactly half full. It was in its waning phase. He died the following month, soon after an eclipse of the moon.
8. The Labor of the Son. JOHN PAUL II. 1978-Present. John Paul II is the most travelled Pope in history. He has circled the globe numerous times, preaching to huge audiences everywhere he goes. Even though he was once shot, he has not seemed to slow down. He has recently written a book which has enjoyed a large circulation. Like the sun which never ceases to labor and provides light daily, this Pope has been incessant. John Paul II was born on May 18, 1920. On that date in the morning there was a near total eclipse of the sun over Europe. TProphecy - The 110th Pope is "De Labore Solis" (Of the Solar Eclipse, or, From the Toil of the Sun). The corresponding pope is John Paul II (1978-present). John Paul II was born on May 8, 1920 during an eclipse of the sun. Like the sun he came out of the East (Poland). Like the sun he has visited countries all around the globe while doing his work (he is the most-traveled pope in history).
9. The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.
10. PETER THE ROMAN - This final Pope will likely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End."
Malachy's final words:
In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock among many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city (Rome, the seat of the Vatican) will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.
I also must take this opportunity to point out my firm contestation that, St.Peter's martyrdom at Rome notwithstanding, St. Paul consecrated the Englishman St. Linus the first Bishop for the See of Rome. St. Linus reigned, according to tradition, from the Palatium Brittanicum.
What prophecies or prognostications might our fellow freepers offer for the future of this papacy ?
In any event, we hope this important article proves interesting.
Read Revelation -- not Satan, but the AntiChrist.
I predict that Cardinal Secola of Italy will NOT be Pope.
The world already has a Pope Secola. ( for you all in Rio Linda, PEPSI Cola)
This does remind me of a car bumper sticker I saw once:
Jesus is returning!
Quick, everybody look busy!!
I don't think this is correct. My impression has been Peter the Roman will be a strong Pope who will lead the church in desperate times. The man of perdition, the antichrist, will attempt to take the throne of Peter illegitimately. If that will happen during pontificates or in between, I don't know.
Does anyone know which cardinals or potentials are Benedictines?
What reason is there to believe the predictions are authentic and are matched up correctly with the Popes named? Isn't it classic hubris to believe you live in the "end times"?
How do you figure Peter the Roman will be Satan? What sort of anti-Catholic hate drives that expectation? The prophecy suggests tjust the opposite: that he will feed his flock amid many tribulations, a precise echoing of the establishment of the Papacy in the gospel of John: Peter, feed my lambs.
Separate what your source has written from what Malachy actually says:
"the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. "
Now, here's what you have added to it:
"This final Pope will likely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. "
Will he be universally adored? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Malachy says he givern his church during a great persection!
Will he be Satan: ABSOLUTELY NOT! He will feed his flock (a Eucharistic reference) during their suffering!
Sounds like some rabid foaming at-the-mouth hate mongerer has perverted the prophecy, turning it on its head, to preach hatred.
No. There are no Cardinals, but there is a potential.
You're thinking that the "Glory of the Olives" will be a Benedictine? Another way to interpret the "Glory of the Olives" is that the man will be a peacemaker (think olive Branch). Or that he will be a converted Jew (the olive bush which was pruned, and grafted with wildolives, but will be restoed, from Romans).
One man, still merely a Bishop, Jean Baptiste Gourion, 70, Auxiliary Bishop of Gerusalemme, and titular bishop of Lydda.
I would also point out that there is a break in the lineage of St. Malachy. Peter the Roman is clearly an addendum. There is no reason to be certain that Peter the Roman will imediately follow The Glory of the Olives.
A couple of questions, though.
First, it was my understanding Linus was from Tuscany, what source do you have to confirm Linus was British.
Second, how can you possibly read St. Malachy's actual prediction and conclude Peter the Roman will be Satan. Everything in the prophecy points in just the opposite direction.
And third, I notice from your home page you are a Mason. Just out of curiousity, what is the highest degree you have obtained.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.