Posted on 05/23/2026 6:59:14 AM PDT by yesthatjallen
The night after The Late Show’s final episode, Stephen Colbert was back on late-night television… in Monroe, Michigan.
During his final monologue on Thursday, Colbert told the audience, “Tonight is our final broadcast from the Ed Sullivan Theater. We were lucky enough to be here for the last 11 years, all right? Can’t take this for granted, though technically our first show in July of 2015 was from a public access station in Monroe, Michigan for an audience of 12 people.”
Colbert was referring to his July 2015 appearance on the public access show Only in Monroe, which he used as a test run for host before taking over the Late Show, with Eminem serving as guest. “Show business being what it is these days, that’s probably where you’ll see me next,” Colbert quipped Thursday.
However, Colbert wasn’t joking: According to LateNighter, Colbert returned to Only in Monroe and the 11:35 p.m. time slot on Friday night, joined by the show’s hosts Michelle Baumann and Kaye Lani Rae Rafko Wilson as well as guests like Detroit native Jack White and actors Steve Buscemi and Jeff Daniels.
SNIP
(Excerpt) Read more at rollingstone.com ...
|
Click here: to donate by Credit Card Or here: to donate by PayPal Or by mail to: Free Republic, LLC - PO Box 9771 - Fresno, CA 93794 Thank you very much and God bless you. |
Dude doesn’t get that he’s not wanted.
It reminds me of the time when Frank Kush went to coach Pop Warner football after being fired by Arizona State, Baltimore Colts, was it?
He lost a lot of $$ for the network - surprised they kept him on as long as they did:
“Stephen Colbert’s Late Show was reported to be losing approximately $40 million per year, according to CBS.”
Good. Riddance.
The Michigan Muzzie terrorists are going to love him. He just has to learn a few African tribal dialects and learn to talk like a “ship of the desert” driving pirate.
He will not go away Like Hillary
I always thought the next funny thing Stephen Colbert says will be the first funny thing Stephen Colbert says.
Leave already.
Could he have kept his show and much of his staff if he had been willing to take a 50-75% pay cut? Instead he winds up on a very unfunny episode of Wayne’s World.
Hey, don’t laugh. That Monroe, Michigan public access cable station worked for him before!
Maybe he can get them to lift the age limit for him this time?
https://www.monroecommunitymedia.org/young-creators-media-lab
“Kaye Lani Rae Rafko Wilson”
A very confused, um, person.
A five-fer!
Wayne’s world!
Wayne’s world!
ShamWow spokesman job is open!
“However, Colbert wasn’t joking: According to LateNighter, Colbert returned to Only in Monroe and the 11:35 p.m. time slot on Friday night”. I missed all that fun.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.