Skip to comments.US Catholic University Offers Students ‘LGBTQ’ Stations of the Cross for Lent
Posted on 03/20/2021 6:31:40 PM PDT by marshmallow
University of Dayton students will pray the Stations of the Cross through an LGBT 'lens.'
DAYTON, Ohio, March 16, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) – A Marianist-run Catholic university in Ohio is offering students an opportunity this Lent to create a pro-LGBT “Stations of the Cross” and then pray them along with other students who support the normalization of homosexuality.
Participants at the University of Dayton’s “Ally Stations of the Cross” are given the opportunity of “praying the Stations of the Cross through an LGBTQ+ and allyship lens,” a poster for the event states. The poster includes a picture of a rainbow-colored road leading to the foot of the cross.
“Participants will attend 5 guided, interactive planning meetings and then host praying the Ally Stations that they created as a team,” the university’s website, where the event is posted, states. A pro-LGBT campus minister will “help navigate the team through a simple but powerful reflective and creative process.”
“No experience necessary - just a willingness to connect the real experiences of people in the LGBTQ+ and Ally community with the experiences of Christ’s passion,” the website adds.
The Stations of the Cross are a traditional 14-step Catholic devotion on the passion of Jesus, beginning with his condemnation of death and ending with his placement in the tomb.
One Catholic parent who has a daughter attending the university expressed concern about the event.
(Excerpt) Read more at lifesitenews.com ...
Normalization of abhorrent, abnormal behavior is the sign of a sick mind.
Are the Marianists trying to out-woke the Jesuits?
Who put the deviants in charge of EVERYTHING???
This is not, “normalization.” This is, “sanctification.”
Why don’t you just plant a statue of Beelzebub next to the alter while you’re at it.
Oh wait... the Catholic Church did that last year.
Barf Alert Ping
Sooo,the stations of Jesus Christ isn;t enough?????
There’s irony for you. The previous article about the Knights of Columbus having to scrub satanic graffiti from the outside of a church, and here is a “Catholic” university inviting the evil one in through the front doors. Buzzard world.
When I pray the rosary (too seldom) it helps for me to compare our trials with Christs. The crowning of thorns, in response to being called “King of the Jews”, reminds me of the mocking Christians receive following our faith.
My 79 year old sister with Parkinson’s, very conservative Catholic, is meeting with her son and newly declared lesbian granddaughter this weekend. Beautiful, talented girl but raised by leftist parents in Seattle and going to University in Chicago pretty much guaranteed that. I hear the son is Covid phobic and stays inside all the time.
When speaking with my sister I try to emphasize the hope for harmony. Without kids myself it’s hard for me to comprehend the anguish of loved ones so far gone.
FTA: One Catholic parent who has a daughter attending the university expressed concern about the event.
Prayers for Holy Mother Church.
Taking the Lord’s name in vain is a sin.
From the article: “The poster includes a picture of a rainbow-colored road leading to the foot of the cross.”
Correction: The rainbow colored road does not lead to the foot of the cross...it leads directly to hell.
Gone to hell in a hand basket...
Oh; being bi-curious is an asset.
Nah... the BACK door!!
It may be hard to understand; but it WAS predicted.
Luke 12:53 Douay-Rheims Bible
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against his father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them;
they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it.
Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight.
They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
It is not just a “lifestyle”. It is a religion that spreads by infiltrating and subverting other religions.
If I were a student I would consider transferring to a “straight” school, if one could be found. Maybe Oral Roberts University - they play good basketball.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.