Skip to comments.Maryland Juvenile law is leading to lawlessness says Harford County Sheriff
Posted on 01/14/2023 5:36:54 PM PST by 11th_VA
BALTIMORE (WBFF) — The Juvenile Justice Reform Act, known previously as House Bill 459, does not allow anyone under 13 to be charged with certain crimes.
As juvenile crime has plagued Baltimore City, it is also happening in Harford County.
Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler says in January alone, 18 juveniles, who fall under the law, can't be charged with crimes.
Some of those crimes involved thefts, burglaries, and much more.
"Someone sent some pictures that they shouldn't have sent, which is a crime," said Gahler.
Gahler feels lawmakers in Annapolis were not considering the right factors when passing the law.
"We're living in a time where, unfortunately, legislators, lawmakers have decided that it's better to support the lawbreakers rather than those who are enforcing the law," said Gahler.
Gahler says the effects of the law will be a detriment to the entire state of Maryland.
"More crime. I mean, that's what we're going to see. Gang members are realizing if they can grab younger people and use them in their trade, they can't be held accountable for anything," said Gahler...
(Excerpt) Read more at foxbaltimore.com ...
Maryland Gov. elect Moore nominates Vincent Schiraldi for Juvenile Services Director.
Schiraldi was commissioner of New York City’s Department of Correction, to which former Mayor Bill de Blasio appointed him in May 2021... before the new mayor, Eric Adams, fired him.
Harford County is one county away from me.
Unfortunately, that is where my job is.
Is it Yute Justice Reform?
Libtards strike again! This is how they deal with crime: they just cancel the illegality of it. We have a 6 year old who recently shot his teacher and these IDIOTS want to forgive criminals less than 13 of major crimes. All that’s going to do is encourage them to do more crime, knowing they are untouchable. Way to go, libtard morons!
“Maryland Juvenile law is leading to lawlessness says Harford County Sheriff”
Well, isn’t that what it’s supposed to do?
In NJ this is going on for anyone under 21.
And you guessed it, because more minority juveniles got in trouble.
The police even can get in trouble for telling the parents.
Leftists destroying society.
“You gotta keep ‘em separated-
Hey, they don’t pay no mind
If you’re under 18 you won’t be doing any time
Hey, come out and play”...
Who would have thought The Offspring was prescient-over 20 years ago...
Maryland just needs to ban guns even more. That should take care of everything.
Sheriff Gahler is a good man. We’ve been lucky with a strong string of sheriffs here.
Try this on for size.
* Sister’s ext door apartment neighbor strangled to death.
* Her apartment was burglarized. Door frame shattering ed by a professional burglar from DC. Put his as s in jail for a long time.
* She was robbed at gunpoint, the the head, in front of her apartment. Left a few days later, and this was in supposedly safe Bolton Hill neighborhood, downtown Baltimore.
* Our store in E. Baltimore was hit by a teenage Puerto Rican gang who slipped into stores and stole pocketbooks, etc. We put them in jail. Unthinking on my sister’s part - closed all her credit card accounts immediately and that is how they were caught, all within two hours.
* Local woman beaten to death a block from our store by her boyfriend. I gave the police the details on who did it based on what I heard from neighbors. Pretty sure killer went to jail. The Baltimore A Team didn’t put up with this shit on their beat, at least back then.
* Mother’s house burglarized by a professional cat burglar. He went to jail as a career criminal.
* In a nearby neighborhood, where crime was very rare, an 82 year old grandmother visiting her family for the Jewish New Year, was strangled to death by a big black psychopath. He got the death penalty. Don’t know if it was ever carried out but he wasn’t going anywhere, ever again.
All of this happened in the 1980’s. It is far worse today in “Harm City”.
I left in Baltimore in the mid-60’s and only came back to see family, run the business for a few years, and get great corner beef, brisket and rye bread.
Today it is shitsville, with the great neighborhoods in NW such as Park Heights, Reisterstown Road (where the organizational Diner of the movie of same name, was located), and Liberty Heights (also of the movie of same name), we’re safe, clean and educated.
The Democrats, with the exception of the Hon. Mayor Donald Schaeffer, ruined it, after he left office. Now you know the backstory of some of how crime destroyed a once great city (also Philly, DC, NY, Richmond, Detriot, Chicago, LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland, etc.) aided by their MARXIST-Democrat allies.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.