Skip to comments.Chair of California's reparations task force says black people are owed $1MILLION each, demands black homeless are compensated
Posted on 01/06/2023 3:01:43 PM PST by Mr. Mojo
• Kamilah Moore, chair of California's Reparations Task Force, said black homeless people should receive the most aid through compensation for slavery
• She said the state's housing discrimination and homelessness were also listed as one of the 'five state sanction atrocities' against black people
• The latest federal and state data show California has more than 172,000 homeless people, with about 34 to 40 percent of them being black Moore argued that the compensation would boost the economy
• Economists in the task force initially recommended a $1million payout per person, but the group will make its final recommendation in July
Proposed reparations in California's draft proposal:
• Estimate the amount black businesses have lost in stolen or destroyed property through 'racial terror' and distribute it back to black Californians
• Adopt mandatory curriculum for all teachers to take anti-bias training Recruit black educators for K-12 schools
• Provide scholarships to black high school graduates to cover four years of undergraduate at a choice school
• Compensate individuals who were forcibly removed from their homes due to state action, such as park and highway constructions
• Create funding to invest in environmental infrastructure Create equal access to parks and national resources in black neighborhoods
• Compensate families who were denied inheritances they would have received if they were white
• Compensate those who have been discriminated and deprived of rightful profits from artistic, creative, athletics, and intellectual endeavors Raise the minimum wage in predominantly black industries, such as food and agricultural
• Require scaling up the minimum wage for experienced workers Create a fund to support black-owned businesses and eliminate licensure barriers that harm black workers
• Compensate people whose health has been permanently damaged by anti-black healthcare
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
Then they should collect it from Africa. That’s the country that captured and sold those slaves some 170 years ago!
I will sign any deal, passed by Amendment XIII-B, that contains language “paid in full” and “This amendment may not be repealed for 100 years”.
California was not a slave state.
Why one million, lets make it two.
Pinkos are the worst sort of people.
Dave Chappelle’s Show. Reparations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRZN7IzvCVs
Free rides to Wakanda. GTFO.
“Hot hand in a dice game...”
Dear Kamilah Moore. Once you compensate me for my kin folk fighting for the Union to free your pals......
What do I get for having an ancestor who died fighting for the Union at Shiloh?
It doesn’t seem to matter that California wasn’t a slave state.
And I thought California would be destroyed by an earthquake causing it to slide into the Pacific.
Turns out, it’s going to commit suicide.
The only reparations I am willing to pay are one way tickets back to Africa if they give up their citizenship and promise never to return!
How about a buck o five and a one way ticket to Africa?
I identify as black, and I got my drivers license in California. Where do I fill out the APP?
>>California was not a slave state<<.
California could start dedicating payments to Alabama...
California owes nothing to Negros.
You WERE NEVER anyone’s slave stupid ass! So, FOAD. Seriously, who the hell do you think owes you any money? People who never owned any slaves and had nothing to do with it are supposed to now pay you?
Maybe we could come up with a fund to get people like her the hell out of our country, since they hate it so much.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.