Skip to comments.Ukraine – the situation (August 10, 2022)
Posted on 08/10/2022 4:45:10 AM PDT by FarCenter
* The Ukrainian “offensive” in the south has been underway for 18 days as of today. As an American military intelligence officer observed, “I’m reminded of Lincoln’s comment about McClellan: ‘He has a case of the slows.’” More on this propaganda offensive below.
* In the principal theaters of action, the mouth of the Donbas salient, the line of Ukrainian fortifications near Avdivka, west of the city of Donetsk, and the areas west and north-west of Kherson, there is heavy and stepped-up Russian artillery shelling accompanied by multiple missile attacks throughout Ukraine.
* Russian forces are within 2-3 kilometers of the city of Bakhmut, the transport hub that anchors the south end of the Donbas salient.
* Amnesty International acknowledged the “distress and anger” caused by its report that accused the Ukrainian army of criminal behavior by using civilian facilities as ambush sites and shields but said that it “fully” stands by the report.
* Reports of Russians mining and threatening to blow up the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant have been shown to be false, according to US military sources.
(Excerpt) Read more at asiatimes.com ...
Excellent article. The Ukrainian offensive that never was or will be.
Someone isn't a team player for Soros and Schwab, it appears.
Russian forces in exposed positions west of the Dnepr River....
I guess Russia has to keep pushing west in order to compensate for the 16 US long range artillery pieces. Russia was never going to do anything more than capture the east side of the river; now it is imperrative that they continue pushing west in order to force Z-man to terms. The original terms have been altered by the introduction of US equipment. Once those first 3 cities west of the Dnepr River fall, the entire underbelly of the Ukraine is wide open to deep penetration and literally nothing left to stop Russia from Kiev.
The US press has essentially accepted the reality of US NATO miscalculations and the end in sight.
I feel bad for Amnesty International—they were so naive they didn’t realize there was an “official narrative” that must never never never be contradicted with facts.
Zelensky keeps saying that Crimea must return to Ukraine as part of its conditions to end the war. Pure bravado. Russia will never give up Crimea.
If Ukraine had implemented the 2015 Minsk agreement, the Donbas region would remain as part of Ukraine, albeit with greater autonomy. Now it appears there will be two independent states carved from Eastern Ukraine.
Only real unknown is whether Russia will push to take Odessa.
You still posting your anti-American Asia Times garbage?
Jumper on 10th August 2022
“ Once those first 3 cities west of the Dnepr River fall, the entire underbelly of the Ukraine is wide open to deep penetration and literally nothing left to stop Russia from Kiev.
The US press has essentially accepted the reality of US NATO miscalculations and the end in sight.”
Oh you were so wrong
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.