Skip to comments.Trending: Trump tops Biden, 48% to 47%, with 52% approval rating
Posted on 10/26/2020 8:51:45 AM PDT by Hojczyk
As the election season enters its last week, President Trump is on the move, ahead of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in Mondays debut of the daily Rasmussen Reports head-to-head poll.
In its now daily White House Watch, Rasmussen has Trump at 48% and Biden at 47%, the latest sign that the election has tightened in the 11th hour.
Whats more, the pollster Trump prefers to follow and tout has his approval rating at 52%, a key factor to winning reelection. Former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama were both at 50% when they edged out reelection victories.
The poll data showed Trump building an unusual coalition. For example, 27% of black people said they would choose the president if the election were held today. In 2016, he won 8% of the black vote.
Also, Trump is doing better with Republicans than Biden is with Democrats. Rasmussen said that 84% of Republicans would choose Trump, while 77% of Democrats would vote for Biden.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...
Well Joe will just have to overcome that buy scheduling additional campaign events and....
All the fake polls will now start to close so they do not look like fools..
MSM will wait til Election Day or the day before
52% approve of Trump’s job performance but only 48% would vote for him? And 47% will still vote for Spock without his brain? Beam me up Scotty!
How do 4% approve yet plan to vote for Biden anyway?
Last week the headline was IBD/TIPP Biden just +3 as the latest “tightening” and good news for Trump.
Since then, IBD/TIPP has moved away a point a day to Biden now +7 and nary a peep.
Not that I believe the poll, but if Trump gets 1 out of every 4 black votes that is pretty much game over for Biden.
Also means he will have a high Latino voting base.
Only 74% of dems voting for Biden, seems low, but maybe the scandals and debate is finally dragging him down.
Bye Done is in hibernation because he had no need to campaign with his huge leads in the polls—according to the Pearl-Clutcher squad around here...
I think the 84% of GOP voters sticking with Trump seems a bit low. But the 77% of DEM voters sticking with Biden may be spot on. A good number of the remaining 23% will vote 3rd party, which works for me.
“27% of black people said they would choose the president if the election were held today.”
If Trump takes 27% of the black vote, the democrats are not just toast, they’re burnt toast.
I think the appearance with Jill where he thought he was running against W was the last straw. He’s too far gone.
I think the phrase you are looking for is "cherry picking".
That may actually be a little higher than 0bama’s app rating at this time in his presidency. Other than when bin Laden got the business how often did 0bama top 50%?
Looks like Biden is not getting enough funding support for commercials and campaigning, even if he’s outspending Trump by hundreds of millions.
Biden would have to spend a trillion dollars in order to win outright, and then, he’d have to buy enough votes by going directly to 80 million voters with a check of at least $10,000. Otherwise, no amount of money is going to make the krap that Biden and democrats are trying to sell to the American people. Spending billions on selling krap is not going to make it palatable at all.
Which means the POTUS is probly up by 8. Polling should be illegal, punishable by a minimum of 5 years in federal prison. The left has weaponized it which now makes it worthless
Maybe its not low. Supposedly 20-25% of Trump rally-goers are democrats.
The TIPP poll gives Trump only eight or 9% on the internals for African-American... I think a lot of polls have trouble picking up the actual African-American vote unless you do large numbers and if you have to do it by IVR text or email because many are scared to admit theyre voting for Trump. And if you do a small sample or you only get a hold of the people who are not scared to answer that question tand hey weight incorrectly... Thats why trafaglar does well.. He gets a hold of these type of voters so you dont have to weight as much...
The problem for Democrats currently, is not that large numbers of them will vote for President Trump... it is that their enthusiasm for Biden is so low that large numbers will not bother to vote at all. Their only motivation to turn in their ballots is to vote against President Trump and not vote for Biden. This is not a recipe for success.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.