Skip to comments.In Khashoggi Disappearance, Turkey’s Slow Drip of Leaks Puts Pressure on Saudis
Posted on 10/19/2018 2:28:02 PM PDT by detective
Since the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi disappeared over two weeks ago, details from the police investigation, including gory descriptions of audio recordings that reveal he was killed in Tarantino-like fashion, have been leaked, drip by drip, to keep the world suspended as the mystery unfolds.
The calculated media strategy has proved remarkably effective for the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, ensuring that the case remains front-page news around the world.
But it has also served a deeper agenda to push the United States to pressure Saudi Arabia while shielding the government behind the news media to avoid an open and potentially damaging diplomatic rupture with the Saudis.
Sign Up For the Morning Briefing Newsletter From the start, reports of the existence of the audio recordings were brandished almost as a threat by Turkish officials and pro-government news outlets, evidently to maintain pressure on Saudi Arabia, but also on the Trump administration, to resolve the issue to Turkeys taste.
(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...
1. He was not a "journalist". He was a Muslim Brotherhood operative who was most recently working with Erdogan and the Turkish government. He supports terrorism and has called for Islamic jihad.
2. Turkey is in a very bad financial position. Their radical Muslim Jihadist government has alienated other countries in the middle east as well as the of the world.
3. Turkey is desperately seeking financial help from Saudi Arabia as well as other wealthy countries.
4. Erdogan is a brutal dictator. He has murdered thousands of his own people. He has complete control over the media in Turkey. The Turkish media are known to be dishonest.
5. No one has seen or heard this supposed tape of Khashoggi being murdered. The dishonest Turkish media report that the government supposedly has it. The media is completely controlled by Erdogan. They say whatever they are ordered to say.
6. President Trump has made enormous progress in the middle east. He has stopped the rise of ISIS and the influence of Iran. He has greatly improved America's relationship with Saudi Arabia and other countries. The demand that the U.S. immediately sever all ties to Saudi Arabia because of this would greatly damage both the U.S. and President Trump.
7. Iran has been training, financing, and providing weapons and safe havens for terrorists groups such as Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Gaza, and other Palestinian groups such as (Islamic Jihad (PIJ) and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
8. Khashoggi and Erdogan both support Islamic terrorism.
9. The plan seems to be to get funds from the U.S. and Saudi Arabia to Turkey to bail out Erdogan and finance Islamic terrorism. The plan is also to increase the power and influence of Iran and make the United States seem weak, unreliable and easily manipulated.
I stole that.
Day 15.1 Brennan’s CIA Cabal Mad About Khashoggi Jihad Land Grab Machine Broken
Additional info regarding Khashoggi links to John Brennan/rotten CIA crony friends etc.
It’s about religion not politics.
Russiagate and Kavanaugh all over again...all accusations and no proof offered.
So.. a blogger?
I’m still wondering why everyone is so concerned about one missing, presumably killed journalist.
If he was an American, I could see the concern in this country and understand concern in his native country... Why does America care about a Saudi journalist in Turkey?
Don’t we have enough to worry about?
The Saudi gov and leaders and any other country that's complicit should be severely sanctioned. Keep in mind that's what happened to Syria and Russia over fake claims of responsibility for chemical attacks, not to mention arming and funding the bad guys.
I'm a Deplorable who assumed that President Trump wanted to unravel the world mess. You do not represent me or my values.
If Erdogon is for this dead guy then you know he was a bad person. Nothing that comes out of Turkey is anywhere near the truth.
I think detective is questioning whether it happened at all.
“I stole that.”
What will you use it for?
I suspect that it’s 100% certain he’s dead. It would be too big of a con to risk.
Is it wrong if I don’t really care when one raghead kills another raghead?
Punk scum Muslim Brother deserved to die. Don’t care where.
“I’m a Deplorable who assumed that President Trump wanted to unravel the world mess. You do not represent me or my values.”
I don’t think you have any knowledge of what is actually going on here.
You say you are supposedly a “Deplorable” and yet you unquestioningly swallow whatever story is put out by the Turkish government, the Muslim Brotherhood and the media.
I have no desire to “represent” you. I have no idea what your supposed “values” are but it seems believing every story out of the Washington Post and the media is one of your values.
I wish I knew who the good guy was - Saudi Arabia who orchestrated 9/11 or Turkey which wants women to stop smiling. It’s so difficult to choose...
“This is all about attempting to remove the current leader of SA. He cut off the money spigot for some of the Leftist/Deep State Middle East hijinks that were supported by the previous SA rulers. The fact that the current SA leader is working well with Trump just makes him more of a target for the Deep State.”
M<y point exactly.
AND embarrassing President Trump.
Dennis Praeger was talking about this this morning. He opined that political assassinations like this occur all the time in this part of the world. The amazing part is that this particular alleged killing has been kept front and center in the news cycle.
Praeger concedes that supporting SA if they were involved in the killing is problematic from a moral standpoint, but he points out that Iran is the big problem in this area of the world by virtue of their state sponsership of international terrorism.
Praeger likened the situation to when FDR decided to throw in with Joseph Stalin in order to open a second front on Hitler. That was a much harder choice since Stalin had so recently been allied with Hitler to start WWII.
I’m with you. I just don’t understand why we are supposed to care. And it’s telling that Democrats are literally more upset about this then Benghazi.
That said, why did the Saudis kill him? And in this way? Couldn’t there have been many other less obvious places/ways to do it?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.