Skip to comments.Burger King Supports LGBT Rights With 'Proud Whopper' And 'Be Your Way' Campaign
Posted on 07/04/2015 7:24:37 AM PDT by EBH
In what could be a first for a global fast food outlet, Burger King is making a bold proclamation in support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community with the launch of a specially packaged burger.
The "Be Your Way" project was created at a Burger King franchise in San Francisco, where a limited edition "Proud Whopper" sandwich was added to the menu to coincide with the city's annual pride festivities. According to press materials, guests who ordered the "Proud Whopper" found that the sandwich was the same as a classic Whooper, but came wrapped in a rainbow-colored wrapper with the inscription, "We are all the same inside."
Take a look at the "Proud Whopper" below, then scroll down to keep reading:
The burger's release was documented in a short "Be Your Way" film, which was released on Burger King's YouTube page and can be viewed at top.
We are always looking to engage our guests on a local level and be part of regionally relevant events, said Kelly Gomez, Director of West Coast Field Marketing, Burger King West Division, in an email statement. Given that a Burger King franchise was perfectly situated along the San Francisco Pride Parade route, she added, "It was a natural fit to be involved and celebrate by giving something back to the community.
(Excerpt) Read more at huffingtonpost.com ...
Why can’t companies just be neutral? They don’t have to necessarily come out against gay marriage, but why don’t they just be neutral and sell the product or service that they offer, without mentioning homosexuality one way or the other? By pandering to the two percent, they are ticking off millions of potential customers. Why? How did that two percent become so powerful that everyone dances to their tune?
Burger King is about to change its corporate name to Bugger King.
No we're not. They have a mental disorder and/or genetic defect.
Burger King feedback form.
Darn it! I love an occasional, even rare Whopper. Sigh. Well, some things are more important than getting a Whopper celebrating getting screwed in the butt.
Coming soon to your family-friendly neighborhood Burger Queen — Brokeback Burger, Faggot Fries, Frozen Spunk, Extra Long Pulled Pork BiBQ sandwich, Tuna Tacos and The Fudgepacker desert.
Needless to say, I will never do Burger King again.
“I guess they think that catering to less than 2% of the population will gain them business.”
It’s not about the 2%. It’s about the 60%+ who support them.
This is how the echo chamber harms us, that we keep repeating “2%” while losing the majority of this country. We have to start facing reality if we want to change it.
1. Some have naturally bigger muscles and others less;
2. Some put on fat easily and others less;
3. Some have good immune systems and others less;
4. Some are more prone to disease and some less;
5. Some have higher libidos and some less;
6. Some have 2 X chromosomes and some 1 X and 1 Y;
7. Some produce small gametes (sperm) others produce larger gametes (eggs);
8. Some have naturally high cholesterol/tryglicerides and others less;
9. I could on and on about the internal differences in human physiology. Just ask a medical doctor sometime. He/she won't even know where to start because of so many differences.
1. Some have average to high IQ's and others less;
2. Some have commonsense and others less;
3. Some can solve puzzles (find solutions) well and others less;
4. Some can discern between right and wrong and others less (according to current mores);
5. Some are more interested in the world as a whole and others less (while watching Karcrapians);
6. Again, could go on...
1. Some live their lives strictly by compassion, sympathy, empathy, others by their reasoning processes (although they also factor in said emotions);
2. Self-esteem is everything to some, others not so much;
3. Some believed if it feels good then is must be good, others not so much;
4. Some believe everything they hear or read due to how the message touches their hearts, others are critical;
5. Most domestic abuse/crimes are emotionally rooted. Intellectuals often walk away. Ask a cop about domestic violence.
Boycott! I think they think that the more of them get together, the harder it will be for us to boycott all of them.
Our local Bugger King has been run by lesbians for 20+ years. Pretty much every girl ever working there is one.
it’s funny they will celebrate rectal prolapses, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea, aids, drug abuse, multiple partners (on average, 60 different partners over hteir short lifetimes) early deaths, angry despicable biased vehemence, broken families, suicides greater than the normal population, etc etc etc- yet turn their noses up at stable families, good health, less drug abuse, less diseases etc
Weird what these companies are ‘celebrating’ - Next they’ll likely be celebrating pedophilia, bestiality, etc etc etc- or do they just arbitrarily pick and choose the ABOMINATIONS that they support?
Sorry burger ‘king’ you are no longer on my list of businesses I will visit- Your promotion of a DESTRUCTIVE lifestyle choice and your anger towards decency and morality have made you unworthy of further consideration-
[[Why cant companies just be neutral?]]
Because they are made up of Christian hating- God-hating liberals who will do everything In their power to ‘stick it to’ those who stand for morality
or buttplug king
[[Ive noticed that practioners and people that condone this lifestyle scream, Thats homophobic! to even describe the act.]]
Scream back at them “NO! That is Scientific FACT- Are YOU a science denier?”
wish one chick fla was here in Somerset PA.
we have just junk joints to eat at...we avoid...
I have not been in a Burger King since they started this promotion. I used to like them very much. I just quietly refuse to support this kind of junk.
This was from July 2014. I don’t believe any locations apart from this one along the parade route in S.F. last year have used the “Pride” wrapper since.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.