Skip to comments.Hillary Clinton - possible strategy (involves Michelle Obama 'Whitey' Tape)
Posted on 05/18/2008 6:59:59 PM PDT by CharlotteVRWC
just saw this on another web site -WOT Research:
#12 Ive been hearing this one from political people I had contact with when I was trying to help with the THompson campaign out west.
Been hearing it for a month.
Goes like this:
1) Hillary has it.
2) Hillary knows that no matter what, the idiots who have bought into Messiah Obama will blame her and abandond her if she steals the nomination from ObamaChrist.
3) Hillary also knows that the next 4 years are going to be rough - we cannot relaly disengate form Iraq, and oil supplies are going to be messed up, Chavez is stirring things up, the Chinese are going to be a-holes, and there will be a terror strike on US Soil. Meanign no matter who the Pres is, the PRes will get the blame.
4) Hillary also knows no matter who the president is, the next 4 years are going to be run by the Dems in Congress - meaning a D president will get little credit for anything that goes right.
So do the math.
In the case of point 1: Hillary is seen as a crippler, nasty and vidictive if she uses the tap, and the Obamanuts will split the party if she reesorts to such things to win.
In the case of point 2: Hillary gets blamed and is a one-termer.
In the case of Point 3: not only is she unpopular due to destrpying the messiah, the congress takes all the credit.
Now consider this:
She holds off, battles to the end, and makes sure the **GOP** uses the tape AFTER Obama has it locked up the nomination at the convention.
1) She is the undisputed leader for 2012.
2) Gigantic I told you so she can beat down ANY opposition with.
3) 4 years to grandstand and pick her spots.
4) bad stuff happens as is likely (above)? McCain gets the blame, and she gets to smash an unpopular man who is now 76 and politically weak. Easy win for her.
5) Congress gets redit for success - she gets some of by association.
The smartest possible play at this point is for Hillary to battle to the end, the make sure that the stake is driven in to completely utterly destroy Obama, and the Clinton machine puts the shiv in deep and gives it a twist, HARD, in the twits who back Obama.
So Hillary plays the role of the victim, grabs the role of the uniter and savior of the Dem party after it collapses under the wieght of Obamas fallen god disaster, and rolls up everything with a big win after McCain has done the heavy lifiting in 2012.
If I were her, thats exactly how I would play it. Posted by OldSpook 2008-05-16 21:21|| Front Page|| Top
If Hillary knew all this stuff, why did she run for president in the first place?
the thing is, so much can and will happen in the next four years... who knows who else is going to come along and steal the show... she cannot count of being the big uniter or the big savior in four years... there are others waiting in the wings with plans of their own... people we don't yet know about...
But but but but she is too much of a meglomaniac to wait. She wants the power NOW NOW I say. Do NOT look me in the eye.
On the other hand, by 2012, the Clintons will be very old news. Bill may be dead, and Hillary will look like hell. I suspect it won't go any better for her next time around either.
Way too convoluted. Grassy knoll stuff.
Like she doesn't already...(snicker)
That concept has been blown to smithereens. There will never again be an 'undisputed leader' until campaigns are in full swing.
Until we see “the tape” I am not joining in the assumption that it exists.
If “it” does exist and Hillary has any access to it, then there are certainly ways her campaign could get it into the public domain without any “fingerprints” on it... through obscure websites unconnected with the campaign, etc.
There may be such a tape, but I doubt that the Clintonistas have it.
I find it very hard to believe that such a tape exists AND that anyone in the Clinton camp has it, or they would have found a way to use it before now.
The powers that be in the Dem Party appear to have decided that Hillary is over. Once that’s happened, I don’t think anything can resurrect her.
Michelle Obama could be on tape biting the heads off of a basket full of kittens and it wouldn’t cost Barry a single vote.
Forget it, he's rolling.
There are a lot of signs that the public is tiring of the Clintons. I think they will be even more tired of them in 2012. (And for God’s sake, I hope I’m right on that. Enough with them already.) Plus I think that above all else, Hillary wants to win NOW.
As I think about this, I find it less likely.
I know that McCain is a pansy, but a street-fighting politician would receive this gift and do the following:
1) October surprise -- Look everybody! Look at my opponent Obama! Do you want to vote for such a guy??
2) Enjoy the destruction of the Democrat candidate.
3) December surprise -- By the way everyone, do you know who really torpedoed Obama? It was Hillary! Yeah, she gave me the tape! Looked like the Democrats were going to capture the White House there. Looked like a black man was really going to be president. But Hillary killed that. Yeah, she gave me the tape, and made sure that the country got 4 more years of Republican rule, all because she didn't want the black guy to win!
4) Enjoy the destruction of the primary threat for 2012.
>> Michelle Obama could be on tape biting the heads off of a basket full of kittens and it wouldnt cost Barry a single vote.
I don’t agree with you but I sure got a hearty chuckle out of the visual!
“Forget it, he’s rolling.”
There WERE blanks in the gun!
They didn't even have the Jeremiah Wright issue out front in time to knock him out by Super Tuesday. Because that's what would have happened.
The MSM are the King's horses and men...and they can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
Nixon was politically dead too. Before 1998.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.