Skip to comments.To Be A Republican
Posted on 10/28/2007 9:21:34 PM PDT by PaulZe
I received this in an email from a liberal friend
To be a Republican you need to believe:
1. Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
2. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a 'we can't find Bin Laden' diversion.
3. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is Communist, but trade with China and Viet Nam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
4. The United States should get out of the United Nations, and our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational drug corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
7. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
8. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
9. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy, but providing health care to all Americans is socialism. HMO's and insurance companies have the best interests of the public at heart.
10. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
11. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense, but a president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
12. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
13. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's driving record is none of our business.
14. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery.
15. Supporting 'Executive Privilege' for every Republican ever born, who will be born or who might be born (in perpetuity.)
16. What Bill Clinton did in the 1960's is of vital national interest, but what Bush did in the '80's is irrelevant.
17. Supporting hunters who shoot their friends and blame them for wearing orange vests similar to those worn by the quail.
Seventeen of the best reasons yet for capitulating to Islamic terrorism, expanding the welfare state, supporting baby murder, and running a health care system into the ground. Better to be consistently wrong than inconsistently right.
Let's see, my opinion of the above is this:
Reagan USED Saddam when needed, not because Saddam was a good guy. We used the putz until we did not need him anymore. And why not? He was a two bit, ruthless dictator.
The left can say whatever they like. The truth is we used Saddam when it was in our interest, then we hung him for being a murdering rapist, a tyrant, a dictator, an absolute ruthless person who killed hundreds of thousands during his 'rule''.
(I am happy, but I must admit one thing: you guys still have way, way, way, more World Series championships.)
You have been given great responses here, but here is what I do when my lib friends send me stuff like this - delete it, and go on with my life. Maybe this ‘friend’ is someone who can be reasoned with. My friends are not.
Here’s how I would respond:
To be a Democrat you need to believe:
1. There is no God and Richard Dawkins shares your hatred of things religious.
2. The Taliban was a good group when they brought ‘peace’ to Afghanistan, bad when they wouldn’t give up bin Laden, and good when they became a way for anti-war people to seem moderate, and bad when they got their asses handed to them by that accursed US military.
3. Human rights violations in Gitmo are bad, because no one should be made to feel discomforted, but Mao, Castro and Che are all OK because they were freedom fighters!
4. The United States should subsidize the United Nations so that wealth redistribution can occur when people from African nations can break embargoes and profit handsomely. But we should refrain from actually doing anything on the world stage.
5. If it looks like a baby, has a heartbeat like a baby, and squirms like a baby, it ain’t a baby unless mommy chooses for it to be. But it’s important that people not be able to choose things that could hurt themselves, like guns.
6. The best way to support our military is to say “we support you, but not your mission”, because they need moral support, because, as John Kerry said, they “r stuk in Irak.”
7. If we give out condoms and birth control in schools, tacitly oking teenage sex, we’ll have less STDs and pregnancies, because we know teenagers are a very responsible demographic.
8. A good way to fight terrorism is to demand a truly blind eye so that grandma from Boise is searched sometimes instead of young Muhammad from Medina.
9. Giving the government control of the healthcare system is a great idea, because the government never screws things up and is very good with money, and bureaucrats have the public’s best interest at heart.
10. It’s important to be accepting and open minded. Unless it involves Christians.
11. Lying under oath is not as bad as repeating a lie that was told to you. It’s also not as bad to have sex with congressional pages (Mr. Frank) as it is to send them lurid emails.
12. It’s OK for the government to take whatever powers are necessary, as long as it’s for a good reason or can be construed as necessary for “protecting our children”.
13. Money from corporations impacted by legislation is evil, but thousands of dollars from dishwashers in Chinatown is ok.
14. Freedom of speech is important and should be unabridged; unless you’re Rush Limbaugh, in which case you need to be censored for the public good.
15. If a Clinton fails to kill bin Laden, it’s ancient history; if a Bush fails to kill a bin Laden, it’s incompetence.
16. It’s ok to have had a wild youth and then changed and settled down; as long as it isn’t because you’re Protestant.
17. Witnesses disappear all the time!
I don’t have liberal friends. The time is fast approaching when they will turn you in for something. It’s pretty obvious from that e-mail that they will have no problem making something up.
To be a Democrat you have to pass caustic little lists demagoging Republicans to your other ignorant, close-minded, self-righteous, comrades who will use it to perpetuate narcissistic notions of your collective moral and intellectual superiority while avoiding reasonable debate or dissenting viewpoints.
You are GOOD!
5. A woman cant be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational drug corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
The cant be trusted slogan is pretty silly. Its like saying that if we ban reckless driving, then we are saying that people cant be trusted with a car. Also, drug companies are heavily regulated.
You missed a point on this one. We believe women can be trusted with their OWN bodies but that unborn children have bodies and souls also. And abortion would be killing those little ones. We believe that the Constitution includes all Americans - that the right to life applies even to the unborn.
First, a liberal leaning Supreme Court ruled Bush to have won.
Second, it was Dan Rather that got us into that whole mess by calling Florida early when the election was too close to call. The libs feared they were in trouble so they tried to keep Republicans home and then used the ensuing chaos to cast doubt amid screams of Republican election fraud. Dan Rather, by the way, was the guy who lost his job because he lied about Bush’s National Guard record.
They say the media isn’t biased. I agree. It goes beyond bias. It is collusion, a collusion that keeps Americans paranoid about the drivers of our economy and the people that protect us, all for the sake of power.
A Democrat has become synonymous with someone able to lie well and get away with it. Lies are very effective in confusing and angering the populace. And if they’re caught in a lie then you just don’t admit to it and you wait a long time before you speak again. There’s always another liberal stooge that can take up the banner to smear those who love their country.
Some Democrats are naive idealists wanting a better world. But they are pawns. They allow themselves to be manipulated and I have no pity for them anymore.
In these three items is all the ammo you’ll need. But be aware of exactly what you’re up against:
“...A year before this next election in the U.S., the common space required for civil debate and civilized disagreement has shrivelled to a very thin sliver of ground. Politics requires a minimum of shared assumptions. To compete you have to be playing the same game: you can’t thwack the ball back and forth if one of you thinks he’s playing baseball and the other fellow thinks he’s playing badminton. Likewise, if you want to discuss the best way forward in the war on terror, you can’t do that if the guy you’re talking to doesn’t believe there is a war on terror, only a racket cooked up by the Bushitler and the rest of the Halliburton stooges as a pretext to tear up the constitution. Americans do not agree on the basic meaning of the last seven years...” ~ Mark Steyn (See 3rd item below)
The second American civil war: what it’s about
townhall.com | 10/14/03 | Dennis Prager
Posted on 10/14/2003 12:41:44 AM EDT by kattracks
The second American civil war: What it’s about: Part II
townhall.com ^ | 10/21/03 | Dennis Prager
Posted on 10/21/2003 12:31:19 AM EDT by kattracks
The ‘cold civil war’ in the U.S.: The common space required for civil debate...
MacLean’s, Toronto, Ontario, Canada ^ | 22 October 2007 | Mark Steyn
Posted on 10/22/2007 9:40:16 PM EDT by dufekin
Another perfect example of how for liberals its all about them.
Ask the libs if they love Jesus so much how they're love for Jesus has effected their love for Bush.
Most of these are trying to do some double moral equivalance. It’s just beyond stupid. As long as we have liberals we will always need mental health facilities.
Best response of the lot (so far), and the first one I would recommend returning to the lie-beral “friend”.
They also won't listen to your refutation of the premise, so maybe not talking to them is still the best answer.
To be a democrat isx to believe the worst about America but never quite have the courage to leave. Why would anyone who thinks America is such an awful place want to a stay here? They speal English is part of Canada. Their money is worth more than ours so they MUST have a better way of life. They have free health care. Sure there are lots of reasons to go. Air fare is cheap enough.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.