Skip to comments.FREEPERS WANTED FOR ACTION
Posted on 09/12/2004 11:10:57 AM PDT by jdluntjr
The election is only about eight weeks away now. Freepers have already demonstrated their value.
I'm looking for some freepers that want to join me in getting our message out to the uncommitted voters. It's critical that we work diligently to show those who have not made a commitment that George W. Bush is the person to lead us the next four year and that John Kerry is Unfit for Command.
In a nutshell we will orchestrate a letter to the editor campaign to show why George Bush should be President and why John Kerry is a disaster in the making. In spite of the mainstream media's attacks on Dick Cheney, he is absolutely right when he says this is a critical choice for the future especially the war on terror.
We are looking for people, with an interest in helping to coordinate this effort.
We will need some good researchers who can put together concise well documented talking points.
We could use some writers who know how to coin a nice phrase as well. We need some strategists, maybe some former campaign experience to help focus the issues that will do the most good.
Most of all we need people who will write the Letters to the Editor and get the word out. We will really be looking for folks in the battleground states who will really push to get letters published.
Why write Letters to the Editor? It's an easy point of access to mainstream media's ability to communicate to a lot of people in a short time. We still have to try to reach those who are not web savvy with the message.
For more information see: FREEPERS UNITED
If you want to participate, let me know.
By the way, when you do get your letters published. Please share, it will encourage people to keep trying.
John D. Lunt Jr.
Another technique: Shop with another Freeper or like-minded friend or family member. On opposite ends of the aisle, with people close by or in between, hold a conversation (not shouting, but loud enough to be heard down the aisle) discussing your true feelings about the traitor Kerry, the forger Kerry, the forger Rathers etc. Just let your neighbors know that you have severe reservations in electing Kerry or anyone else from his traitorous, Communistic party. Undecideds will want to vote to join the "winning group." Freeping can be done in subtle ways.
absolutely. I've done that too. I've got a partner at work that sits across from me, in earshot of several uncommitteds. We do this all the time. THanks
Talk to the cashier in the grocery store (they can't be rude to you) and the people behind you will hear - but usually won't inject themselves into your conversation and it might get them thinking - might.
If they DO interject and question your positions BE POLITE AND BE PREPARED!
For example: I have info on Bush's Texas Air National Gaurd (TANG) service that shatters all of the lefts lies.
Learn about Kerry's truly consistent record.
Consistent in opposing the US.
Siding with the Communist Vietcong in Vietnam (and Paris).
Siding with the Communist Sandinistas in Nicaragua.
Siding with the Communist USSR on the issue of SDI, on our nuclear weapons programs. (and come to think of it Vietnam too!)
Siding with the ALL of our enemies in his attempts to slash our Intelligence agencies.
And finally his siding with the Anti-War crowd in undermining the Commander in Chief at a TIME OF WAR!
Liberals CAN NOT WIN on their positions if you use facts and reason logically. Their positions are 99.9% emotional!
Thanks for expounding at some length. I liked that about conversations in restaurants. People should hear their fellow citizens discussing politics like they once did in this country. Not arguing, nor protesting but just discussing the issues of the day which have an impact on the whole nation. America's posterity depends on the decisions which we make now.
These are great ideas. Thanks for the tips on getting letters published in the Op-eds. I'll let you know if I get published.
Oh, I forgot to add. I find it interesting that you have talked to Ray Bradbury in person. It's always a pleasure to meet people with extrodinary talents.
count me in...just wrote my pro-Bush letter to the editor.
Great. I'll be linking some newspaper information and other information on the web site. Hope to have some tonight. Great job.
I love Freepers...
Follow up tomorrow..
'....shop with another Freeper or friend.....'
Great idea! Getting the 'honest'word out to undecideds is so important. My friend and I will try your suggestion.
John Kerry is a genuine war hero. Many of you believe that, and feel that everything said to the contrary is simply a parcel of Republican instigated lies. I won't try and change your minds though, rather ask you to consider a few things, each of which is fully documented:
· Consider that the almost 300 Naval veterans who have spoken out are also highly decorated, with some even having been prisoners of war.
· Consider that Mr. Kerry's own writings contradict several of the stories of his heroism, including the rescue stories of Rassman, and Mr. Kerry's Purple Hearts.
· Consider that many of these veterans have been Democrats and have nothing to gain other than the defeat of Mr. Kerry; while the few Naval supporters of Mr. Kerry have everything to gain if he wins the election.
· Consider that after Mr. Kerry returned from Vietnam, he didn't just speak out against a then unpopular war; he helped form an organization (VVAW) that was funded and later supported by communist organizations bent on the defeat of the United States.
· Consider that the charges Mr. Kerry made against our soldiers were from highly dubious sources many of which have since been debunked. Yet he has never retracted them even after learning that those statements were used by North Vietnamese prison officials to demoralize and punish our prisoners of war.
· Consider that during this time, Mr. Kerry engaged in acts of civil disobedience and participated in several anti-war demonstrations, one in which he threw all of his medals over the White House fence, only later to deny doing it.
· Consider that during this time, Mr. Kerry and other VVAW leaders traveled to Hanoi and Paris and engaged in negotiations with the leaders of North Vietnam, with no authorization by our Government.
· Consider that during this time, Mr. Kerry engaged in meetings where assassinations of United States senators was discussed, and where plans were discussed for the promotion of mutiny among our military in Vietnam.
Now, finally, consider that during this time while Mr. Kerry was involved in acts considered by many to be treasonous and seditious, that he was still a lieutenant in the United States Naval Reserve, still bound by his oath of office, an oath which read in part "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic".
LTC, US Army Retired
Aiken, SC 29803
I have precious little computer skills but I do currently live in the Cleveland area and will do what I can. Count me in! Please feel free to freep mail any instructions or requests.
Thank You Colonel. Not just for the letter, but for your service. There's already poison from the left against vets. If no one's told you lately, and for the other vets out there, THANK YOU.
This is a great idea. The smearing of what Cheney said is a good example of how the media is willing to distort the truth. Cheney was right .. if we get Kerry, we will go back to treating terrorism as a crime, with only AFTER-ACTION activities .. such as the 1993 WTC bombing was treated.
I agree with the President .. WE CANNOT GO BACK. We cannot return to the days of waiting until something happens to react .. we must act ahead of time to stop it. This lesson has been learned very vividly on TV just a short time ago in Russia. How the democrats can look at that and say we should just wait for such an attack upon our children is pure lunacy!!
May I suggest a name for this group, how about Freeper Minutemen?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.