Skip to comments."The Post-American World", a book about the new "era"..
Posted on 07/25/2009 4:54:58 PM PDT by nothinglefttolose
"This is not a book about the decline of America, but rather about the rise of everyone else." So begins Fareed Zakaria's important new work on the era we are now entering. Following on the success of his best-selling The Future of Freedom, Zakaria describes with equal prescience a world in which the United States will no longer dominate the global economy, orchestrate geopolitics, or overwhelm cultures. He sees the "rise of the rest"the growth of countries like China, India, Brazil, Russia, and many othersas the great story of our time, and one that will reshape the world. The tallest buildings, biggest dams, largest-selling movies, and most advanced cell phones are all being built outside the United States. This economic growth is producing political confidence, national pride, and potentially international problems. How should the United States understand and thrive in this rapidly changing international climate? What does it mean to live in a truly global era? Zakaria answers these questions with his customary lucidity, insight, and imagination.
1. Apology to France and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance")
2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect")
3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms")
4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World")
5. Apology for the War on Terror ("We Went off Course")
6. Apology for Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values")
7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History")
8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors")
9. Apology for the Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes")
10. Apology for Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies")
Gee, what a difference.
You’re quick, Diogenesis.
You are appreciated. Thanks for all you do on FR.
For the 2012 election, I'm voting for the candidate you see carrying this book.
Reminds me of the line from “Rob Roy”
“It’s bad enough that it might be so without you wishing it.”
......and Ogabe is doing everything in his power to diminish/corrupt America’s influence throughout the world.
"Impeach Obama Says Sister of Cole Sailor Killed in Terror Attacks
"The sister of Seaman James McDaniels, a sailor killed in the terror attack on the U.S.S. Cole wants President Barack Hussein Obama impeached
over his decision to withdraw charges against the al Qaeda mastermind of the attack."
"Mother of USS Cole Sailor Declines Obama-meet, Says "I Voted for the Wrong Person"
"After Obama dropped the charges against the suspect in the bombing of the USS Cole,
he asked the families of the victims in that tragedy to meet with him.
One mother refused, and now says,"I voted for the wrong person."
Author is Fareed Zakaria, IOW, another proverbial Sears catalog.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.