Skip to comments.VANITY You Are Transported To The Year 742 AD Europe And Allowed To Bring 3 Items From The Future
Posted on 10/14/2012 8:02:34 AM PDT by trailhkr1
What would they be? A gun? Then you are only allowed to bring 2 bullets..see how that works?? Some basic ground rules..has to be a realistic items you can get you hands on today..no tanks etc. You are going with just the clothes on your back + the 3 items to survive an mingle with the folks of the day. Never coming back.
Saw this question on another site and wanted to see what you guys would come up with..I will post that link tomorrow after everyone has a chance to come up with their ideas..some people came up with good ideas (detailed history text of the time in Europe, antibiotics) and other people's ideas..not so much.
2.Enough alcohol to get drunk
3. Gun with bullet
brb digging grave
brb drinking alcohol for confidence
brb shooting self because the ____ would be fuarking sh*t
Another guy: Can I choose to go to the Middle East?
If so. I choose 2 nukes and a bottle of the finest Scotch.
Encyclopedia Brittanica, Bible, and gun
2. A hand-cranked electrical generator
3. A light bulb
1. A nuclear warhead to be used in Mekkah.
2. A second nuclear warhead to be used in Medina.
3. A third nuclear warhead to keep any followers of Mohammed in line.
A time machine and a Colt 1911.
The time machine to transport myself to 540 AD, the year when Mohammed was born, and the Colt 1911 to blow his effing brains out once I got there.
Audels Engineering Encyclopedia.
List of timed historic events that I could leave instructions to my descendents to strategically apply patents, like for an AK47 just before the Civil War, radar during WW1 and etc.
A gun with no bullets? Remember the 3 item rule.. also isn't the Encyclopedia Brittanica comprised of a volume of books?
A book of how to build all those things, some gold, antibiotics to let you live long enough to make them.
- Big hunting knife (doubt that there will be Taco Bell in 742 AD)
- My glasses
- Big bottle of Purel
1. Computer with large database (engineering data,chemical formulae, medical data).
2. Solar batteries to recharge computer.
3. Stock of antibiotics.
1) All-in-one computer with built-in printer (containing technical books, gun design books, math books, chemistry books, instructions on how to manufacture gasoline (for 2 below), encyclopedia britanica, every sort of technical and scientific information possible)
2) Generator to power computer
3) Largest gas container, filled, for personal use possible (I think 250 gallons?)
With that I could shortcut man’s technical ascension by about 1200 years.
2. Handbook/methods for steelmaking
2. Mechanical specs for making handguns and/or rifles.
Hey, hey, hey, the bullets are in the gun so that’s one item called “loaded gun”. And the Encyclopedia Brittanica is a “set” of books. You can buy ONE online so it is one item.
they had bibles in 742 AD!
A Corvette,,,, to park in a cave. It would really mess up today’s archeologists.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.