Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

BILL'S NBC CHAT MIFFS TEAM W.
New York Post ^ | 9/28/01 | Dan Kadison

Posted on 09/28/2001 1:23:43 AM PDT by kattracks

Edited on 05/26/2004 5:00:58 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

September 28, 2001 -- Senior staffers for President Bush called NBC executives to say they were less than pleased that Tom Brokaw was interviewing Bill Clinton during the first week of the World Trade Center aftershock, it was reported yesterday.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

1 posted on 09/28/2001 1:23:43 AM PDT by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kattracks
Quote of the Day by bootyist-monk
2 posted on 09/28/2001 1:55:44 AM PDT by RJayneJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Hey Brokaw you dumb ass, Clintoon isn't pres anymore despite what you want. Quit trying to improve this perverts image and start treating Bush with respect you Bozo.
3 posted on 09/28/2001 2:08:54 AM PDT by Joe Boucher (cold@gateway.net)

Unfortunately this bozo knows too much about top secret military strategies from his own briefings. BJ clinton could jeopardize the lives of our troops by flapping his lips on TV. He ought to keep his trap shut, but since he already gave most of our secrets to China for campaign contributions for him and his wife, I don't think he has any scruples about letting out some additional information for free just to make him look like Mr. Big again.

Clinton is a pathetic bucket of warm spit.

4 posted on 09/28/2001 2:15:22 AM PDT by P-Marlowe

To: P-Marlowe
What do you have against warm spit to make such a comparison?
5 posted on 09/28/2001 2:28:38 AM PDT by Aeronaut
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Aeronaut
What do you have against warm spit to make such a comparison?

Jim Rob has rules against stating the exact terminology for what Clinton ought to be compared to. "Warm SpIT" is merely a family friendly substitute for what he should be compare to.

6 posted on 09/28/2001 2:39:05 AM PDT by P-Marlowe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: P-Marlowe
Don't hold your breath waiting for the media to correctly those most directly responsible for the attack (bubba and his accomplice). Eight years of active disassembly of our national security apparatus does indeed have an effect.
7 posted on 09/28/2001 3:13:29 AM PDT by Check6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Joe Boucher
Hey give Lockjaw a break! Do you have any idea how hard it is for Lockjaw to extract his nose from Bubba's butt? Especially since its been in place for years and years...
8 posted on 09/28/2001 3:22:41 AM PDT by gatorgriz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I can tell you that if x42 said the same things here, JimRob would boot him off in a New York second. I think the Bush team has good reason to be indignified at what traspired in this interview.
9 posted on 09/28/2001 3:31:36 AM PDT by E.G.C.

To: Check6
Lest America ever forget why The Nameless One, W(B)-97, and all their enablers should be hectored, hounded, and harried into silence, until "clintonese is only spoken in Hell," look here:

The Cost of Life (Clinton/Gore Sellout of Security for Campaign Contributions) **FR EXCLUSIVE** #2

CIA Officials Reveal What Went Wrong – Clinton to Blame

Is Bill Clinton Responsible for September 11?

Clinton's Legacy: A Vulnerable America

-Murder, Inc.--

-The number of "suicides" for people linked to this and other Clinton-related cases--

-ATTENTION BLOODHOUNDS--

-Women in the Clinton Era: Abuse,Intimidation and Smears--

-The Anti-Hillary Homepage by MrBungle--

-Hillary Clinton-What America Needs to Know--

-Sen. Hillary Clinton--NewsMax.com Hot Topics--

Hillary! and Arafat's wife-

10 posted on 09/28/2001 3:36:46 AM PDT by backhoe (Has that clinton "legacy" made you feel *safer* yet? ? ?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Simple Solution--White House removes NBC's press privileges. Then, x42 will be their only "official" source. Everyone's happy, Bubba gets coverage, NBC is out of Bush's hair, we watch other channels. Works for me.
11 posted on 09/28/2001 5:37:36 AM PDT by peegravel

To: Petty Crime
Rove is mad at Clinton because Clinton showed up to do the job that Bush should have been doing -- even though Clinton had to come from all the way around the world to do so. While Clinton was doing all he could to reassure and cheer up the people of Manhattan, Bush was hiding in his bunker, afraid to come out for three whole days.

When Rove saw the people thronging around Clinton, it made him jealous. So Rove put out the word that he didn't want any more Clinton interviews on NBC. And since the national press takes all its order from Rove, there won't be.

12 posted on 09/28/2001 9:48:18 AM PDT by Hidy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

To: Hidy
Where are you coming from?
14 posted on 09/28/2001 10:41:25 AM PDT by bayourod
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

This is democratunderground BS. I have had it. Go away!!!
15 posted on 09/28/2001 10:52:47 AM PDT by Miss Marple

To: Hidy, snow bunny, cheney chick
Rove is mad at Clinton because Clinton showed up to do the job that Bush should have been doing -- even though Clinton had to come from all the way around the world to do so. While Clinton was doing all he could to reassure and cheer up the people of Manhattan, Bush was hiding in his bunker, afraid to come out for three whole days. When Rove saw the people thronging around Clinton, it made him jealous. So Rove put out the word that he didn't want any more Clinton interviews on NBC. And since the national press takes all its order from Rove, there won't be. ,

Ok, first of all, you are an idiot. Secondly, Clinton is the one that got us into this mess. No one is jealous at Clinton. God forbid we be jealous of an amoral piece of puke married to a woman who hasn't changed her clothes in 2 years. Clinton came ' all the way around the world' courtesy of the current President of the United States who had the class to shove him in the back of a miltary plane because we all know that Clinton would be wailing and caterwhalling that he wasn't allowed back in the country. Clinton has done everything in his power in the last 8 years to destroy this country's moral and destroy our military and intelligence. He just put this country through 8 years of the " Bill Clinton Show" and we were the hapless audience. He's been cancelled. He is a nothing, a nobody, still trying to show up Bush because he knows he will always be the IMPEACHED Bill Clinton and Bush will be the man who made America safe.

16 posted on 09/28/2001 10:57:10 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs

even though Clinton had to come from all the way around the world to do so.

On a plane sent by President Bush. clintbilly should BACK OFF, he's trampling all over the protocol observed by former presidents.

And, don't tell me for a minute that he would have sent a plane for ANY former president had the roles been reversed.

17 posted on 09/28/2001 11:02:54 AM PDT by mombonn

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs
Re: #16 post - VERY WELL SAID!!

I couldn't agree with you more.

I wish the Xlintons would JUST AWAY!!

18 posted on 09/28/2001 11:03:30 AM PDT by MasonGal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: MasonGal
Thank you, I felt the need to rant.
19 posted on 09/28/2001 11:07:32 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Here's an e-mail I sent to NBC Nightly News recently.

To Whom it May concern:

Last night I turned on the television and switched, for the first time in weeks, to NBC Nightly News. I did not stay tuned in, however. Once I heard in the intro that you would be airing comments from Bill Clinton, I immediately switched to another station.

Why would you think that anyone in the United States wants to hear any comments that Clinton has to make? It was his shameful weakening of our security infrastructure that made the United States vulnerable to the horrible attacks of 9/11/01! Quite possibly he is even a co-conspirator.

I understand that Mr. Brokaw is confused, as I read that he has recently referred to President Bush on more than one occasion as "President Clinton," but you people need to get a grip. Bill Clinton is no longer -- Thank God! -- occupying the Oval Office. America does not need to see him or to hear from him.

And you people wonder why your ratings are so low...

Sincerely,
my name

20 posted on 09/28/2001 11:10:54 AM PDT by Bigg Red

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-72 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson