Posted on 02/25/2025 7:44:01 AM PST by dynachrome
An unknown illness has killed over 50 people in the northwest of the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to doctors in the central African nation and the World Health Organization.
The interval between the onset of symptoms and death has been just 48 hours in the majority of cases, and "that's what's really worrying," Serge Ngalebato, medical director of Bikoro Hospital, a regional monitoring center, told The Associated Press on Monday.
The latest disease outbreak in Congo began on Jan. 21, and 419 cases had been recorded as of Monday, including 53 deaths.
According to the WHO's Africa office, the first outbreak in the town of Boloko began after three children ate a bat and died within 48 hours following hemorrhagic fever symptoms.
There have long been concerns about diseases jumping from animals to humans in places where wild animals are popularly eaten. The number of such outbreaks in Africa has surged by more than 60% in the last decade, the WHO said in 2022.
(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
“The first outbreak in the town of Boloko began after three children ate a bat and died within 48 hours following hemorrhagic fever symptoms.”
TikTok challenge?
I guess they noticed that Trump was reelected and that he is making sweeping changes for the better, beginning with trying to prevent and end wars. They probably have concluded that this is a sign that we have evolved to the point where we deserve to join the Galactic family of advanced peace loving common sense civilizations. Sure it’s fantasy but if aliens did exist this would make sense.
Ozzie Osborne ate a Bat
Thank you. Much of that is new information to me. I should have remembered though that about chickens.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.