Totally cool and interesting site. Well worth a look for historians and explorers of all interests!
Cool Site. Someone should do this for the U.S.
Abandoned Subway stations in Paris. This is a site dedicate to providing information on the remains of WWII airfields and other associated structures that have been left scattered throughout the British countryside. Over 160 to Underground, Military, Defence and Government Links. Featuring images and info about aspects of Urban Adventure, drain exploration, college tunnels, abandoned buildings, catacombs and other Urban Exploration around the world. The Alderley Edge mines in Cheshire, UK, were mined from the Bronze Age (c. 4000 years ago) until the early 20th century Discovering long forgotten places. Underground, WW2, derelict and abandoned buildings, Ancient sites, quarries and mines. the zine about going places you're not supposed to go The underground complex at Corregidor Island. We are a small group of friends who enjoy exploring the secrets of underground Britain. A definitive history of the British Government's obsession with underground citadels, storehouses, factories, bunkers and command centres since the end of the First World War until the early years of cold-war paranoia World War II German Underground Hospital. These three pages describe the endeavours of the recent principal surveyors of Box Freestone Mine and various other mines in the local area. The Box Freestone Mines (correctly called 'quarries') are found some 10km east of the city of Bath, England U.K Underground places of dark interest in wiltshire The study & investigation of all man-made & man used underground places. SubUrban eXploration (SUX) was founded in early 2002. The original goal was to create a local urban exploration crew to explore in the suburban South Jersey area. World War II UK War Control Bunkers and HQ. A website photographically documenting undergound site in the UK, mainly in Bristol and Wiltshire. Kent has many underground features that date back centuries, from Iron Age earthworks, through to seventeenth century smuggling tunnels to the defence of Britain right up to the atomic age. Subsurface Bunkers for sale. Aboned Subway and Train stations and tunnels of London.
Underground, Military, Defence and Government Links
more (alphabetically listed)...
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A
Abandoned Missile Base
- visit the skeletal remains of a cold war weapon
Above Top Secret
- a website comprising a vast array of pages containing information with the ultimate purpose of exposing the secrecy that exists within the government and military organisations of the world
- Urban adventures
- explore the exciting and mysterious worlds of ufology, astronomy, secret societies and hi-tech/secret projects
American Underground Construction Assosiation (AUCA)
- Each month AUA will feature an outstanding Underground Project currently under construction
Andrew Lewis' site
- Nice pictures of Dover (DUMPY) tunnels, Jersey, Californian ghost towns
- Conspiracy theories military base index
Artificial Cave Shelters
- a collection of reprints from U.S.Army military manuals on the subject of Artificial Cave Shelters
Bath Stone - a history of quarrying
- A very interesting site with details of the old mine workings in aorund around Bath
Bath Stone Mines around Corsham
- Some great background information about the mines and quaaries around Corsham, the site lacks pictures
Bath and Box Stone Mines
- These pages describe the endeavours of the recent principal surveyors of Box Freestone Mine and various other mines in the local area.
- Tunnel builders
- central artery tunnel project
- Enigma Code-Breaking and the 2WW code breaking
Box Hill Tunnel
- how could a railway tunnel be caught up in all this weird talk of UFOs?
- Cold war and a large section on the Rotor Radar System, items on WW II, deep level shelters in London, Belsize Park, the bomb store at Llanberis in Wales and Maginot Line in France
Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- A British nuclear-powered Trident submarine is out on patrol ready, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to fire sixteen nuclear-armed missiles, it costs us £1.5 billion every year.
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- It is our intent to provide information that will be timely and of assistance in planning a trip, vacation or obtaining data about this park
- 400 cave links
Caves and Caving in the UK
- Caves, caving, national bodies, special interest groups, clubs and expeditions.
- A not so secret tunnel
Centre for Defence and International Security Studies
- an inter-disciplinary research centre based in the Department of Politics and International Relations at Lancaster University in the UK.
Centre for the History of Defence Electronics
- exploring new ways of understanding technological change through history and to harness the power of the Internet
Clifton Suspension Bridge
- Brunel's Victorian vaults are discovered beneath the tower of the Clifton Suspension Bridge
Complete Data Services
- State-of-the-art, cost effective, secure, underground storage
- WWII history
- the existence of tunnels around Auckland
- mainly underground places of interest in and around Wiltshire
Dark Access Forum
- an underground chat forum
Dawn Engineering, Inc.
- engineering consultants specialize in design and construction engineering of tunnels and underground structures
Deep and Dusty
- a Bath stone quarry video from MVP
Defence of Britain Project
- nearly 20,000 twentieth century military sites in the United Kingdom were recorded by some 600 volunteers
Defensive Architecture of South Wales
- WW2, Cold War and other sites in Wales
- Tunnel construction
Do or Die
- Tunnels of the World
- guided walks
- guided walks
- the unique museum will transport you back in time to wartime Britain
Emergency Management Australia
- EMA provides national leadership in the development of measures to reduce risk to communities and manage the consequences of disasters.
EPA's Radiation Project
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant Oversight
Essex Secret Bunkers
- at Mistley near Colchester Essex One of the UK's most accessible Bunkers
- running high speed car, coach and frieght shuttles, linking the UK and the continent
- long forgotten mines, abandonned buildings, ancient sites and other places of interest
Exploring the Chicago Tunnels
- Exploring The Abandoned Tunnels In The 1980's
Extraterristrial Biological Entity Online
- Underground Bases in Southern California
Federal Emergency Management Agency (USA)
- an independent agency reporting to the President and tasked with responding to, planning for, recovering from and mitigating against disaster
Federation of American Scientists
- Our founders were members of the Manhattan Project, creators of the atom bomb and deeply concerned about the implications of its use for the future of humankind
- A US Department of Energy Laboratory
- from Tudor times until W.W.II where use of artillery dominated military architecture
- Underneath the peace of the nature reserve lie the tunnels of Fort Taiaroa
- Tunnel builders
Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)
- an intelligence and security organisation, a Civil Service Department, reporting to the Foreign Secretary and working closely with the UK's other intellignce agencies (commonly known as MI5 and MI6)
- a technique used extensively for groundwater control and excavation support in the underground construction industry
- Article on US Site R
Home Office - Emergency Planning Division
- From the caves of Afghanistan to the nuclear operation centers of the superpowers, humans around the globe and across the ages have realized the necessity of underground dwelling.
- the world's largest underground business complex, is a subterranean industrial park with more than 4.5 million square feet of leased space
Imperial War Museum
- unique in its coverage of conflicts, especially those involving Britain and the Commonwealth, from the First World War to the present day
- the zine about going places you're not supposed to go
- As cities become more densely populated, tunnels, subway systems, underground car parks and sub-level shopping facilities are increasing in number.
Inside the Ring
- Notes from the Pentagon
IntelWeb: Intelligence Watch Report
- Jane's IntelWeb combines Jane's Intelligence Watch Report and Jane's Terrorism Watch Report to offer you an integrated intelligence service
- Fred T. started what today is widely regarded as the ultimate source for defence, aerospace and transportation information.
Jayne Loader's Public Shelter
- an irreverent journey on-line, featuring scenes from The Atomic Cafe
- worldwide urban adventure
Kelvedon Hatch Bunker
- we are currently the biggest and deepest bunker open to the public in Essex
Kiska Group Construction
- Tunnel builders
Las Vegas Mercury
- Basement Files: Underground D.C.
London Underground: Disused Stations
- the oldest and one of the busiest underground railway networks in the world, I find the history and background of London's subterranean railway fascinating.
Maunsell Sea Forts
- The complete opposite of tunnels but fascinating nevertheless
- Forgotten bunkers, Dark tunnels, Abandoned structures, Cannons, Deep manholes, Castles in ruins, Arsenals covered in vegetation, Rusting aerials... near La Coruña, the northwest coast of Spain.
Ministry of Defence
- Strong defence is as important today as ever, discover more about the MOD and the Armed Forces.
Monkton Farleigh Mines
- a pictorial record of Monkton Farleigh Mines, past and present state
- World wide underground places of interest.
- UK maps, directions and arial photos.
National Caves Association
- founded in 1965, is a non-profit organization of publicly and privately owned show caves and caverns - caves developed for public visitation
National Speleological Society
- dedictaed to cave study and conservation
Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- NEMA is located in an underground facility at 1300 Military Road in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- underground resource, over 500 photos, Monkton Farleigh, Ridge Quarry, Box and Tunnel Quarry and much more
- Underground US government opporating 24/7
New York City Subway Resources
- Journey with us around the New York City area and beyond, to experience transit systems in cities around the U.S. and the world
- first choice for improved supply chain performance
- bunkers and air training corps
- an industry leader in tunnel engineering and design
- Tunnel builders
Pillbox Study Group
- World War 2 anti-invasion structures that you are likely to find still littered around our countryside
Planning for Major Incidents: The NHS Guidance
- responsible for the coordination of contingency planning to maintain the state of readiness of the National Health Service to respond to major incidents
- Nieuwpoort is in danger of collapse due to WW1 tunnels.
Protect and Survive
- an archive of UK civil defence material dating from the 1950s to the 1980s
Public Information Resource
- NameBook: name index
- built to link secret underground military facilities in the capital of North Korea
- located in the Redcliffe area of Bristol, England
- Photos Of Secret US Pine Gap Australia Base
- We are around 10 miles from Derby and about the same from Alton Towers. Burton on Trent is 10 miles to the South
Royal Air Force
- the official RAF website with a list of bases
Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- instituted by Order in Council on 9th October 1924, the first Auxiliary Air Force (AAF) Sqns were formed the following year
Sam's Light Rail Page
- Tunneling and civil engineering
- underground bases and tunnels, tunnel boring machines, kundalini, undersea bases and UFOs
- beneath the vast deserts of Saudi Arabia. Alongside the Dahna sand dunes, not far from Riyadh, the Umm-Er-Radhuma limestone is riddled with countless holes known locally as Dahls.
Saving Britain's Art Treasures
- The evacuation of the paintings and other priceless treasures from London's museums and galleries during the Second World War
Scotland's Secret Bunker
- hidden beneath a Scottish Farmhouse, a tunnel leads to Scotland?s Secret Bunker. 24,000 square feet of secret accommodation on two levels, 100 feet underground
Secret Underground Cities
- a definitive history of the British Government's obsession with underground citadels, storehouses, factories, bunkers and command centres
Security and Intelligence Studies Group
- a specialist group of the UK political studies association
Security Service (MI5)
- the official website of the Security Service (MI5). The Security Service is the UK's security intelligence agency
- Each index lists all pages for one category of objects (show caves, mines, ...)
- subterranea, cold war and military history.
- man made underground objects, artificial cavities, mines, quarries, tunnels.
- Subterranean tunnels and the hollow Earth
SPUR (Society for Paranormal UFO Research)
- we investigate anything from alien abductions to zombies
- monitoring the state and civil liberties in the European Union
- Richard Lamont of Sub Brit
- exploreing underground buildings and examines their impact on architecture and the environment.
- the study and investigation of all man-made and man used underground places
Subterranea Britannica: RSG (Research Stody Group)
- aims to study and record the UK's Cold War defence infrastructure, radar stations, secret bunkers, communications networks, civil defence plans and propaganda
Subterranea Britannica: ROC (Royal Observer Corp) UK Post Listing
- a searchable, up-to-date online database of observer corps posts in the UK
- from the Lake District to the South West coast, the underground world is a fantastic treat from 'normality'. Drains, disused mines, tunnels etc. are going to be the main content of this site, but other interesting stuff will be available.
- Subterranea Britannica newsgroup for underground information exchange
- links to World subway and other transportation information resources
Swift Family Web Page
- aviation and vintage military wireless
TBM Exchange International
- Tunnel boring machines
Top Secret Military Bases - Rudloe Manor
- on Christmas day Paul Damon and Matthew Williams had our lives threatened at what is proving to be Britains most Top-Secret base
- Tunnel builders
- cover-ups, conspricay and bunker busting
- a single entry point to key Internet information related to naturally occurring and artificial sub-surface cavities
- Covering current tunneling projects, people in the industry, new technology, safety, equipment and geotechnical conditions.
UK Cold War
- UK's role in the Cold War including emergency planning
- a website photographically documenting undergound site in around the UK, mainly in Bristol and Wiltshire.
- the web site dedicated to providing quality images of disused, man-made underground structures
- Kent has many underground features that date back centuries, from Iron Age earthworks, through to seventeenth century smuggling tunnels to the defence of Britain right up to the atomic age
Underground New York
- New Yorkers go about unaware of what is happening just beneath their feet
- Beneath modern Rome is a hidden city, as still as Rome is chaotic, as dark as Rome is luminous
- the united states navy's rock-site plans
United States Strategic Command
- provide operational space support, integrated missile defense, global C4ISR and specialized planning expertise to the joint warfighter
US Air Forces in Europe
- providing the Joint Force Commander with rapidly deployable expeditionary aerospace forces capable of conducting the full spectrum of military operations
US Army Corps of Engineers
- the builders of tunnels
US Army Corps of Engineers
- underground construction, tunnels, shafts and caissons
US Army Corps of Engineers
- engineering and design: tunnels and shafts in rock
US Water News
- State-of-the-art tunnel boring machine set to carve out Queens water tunnel
- $13 million tunnel boring machine (TBM) used for tunneling at the Nevada Test Site
- secure underground storage company based in Monkton Farleigh, Wiltshire
- UFOs, ghosts, crop circles, silbury hill and stone formations
- The disused Bathstone quarry near Bradford-on-Avon in Wiltshire, had been requisitioned in November 1940 by the Ministry of Aircraft Production but part was transferred to the museum authorities.
Wookey Hole Caves
- situated at Wookey Hole in the beautiful Somerset Mendip Hills, in South West England.
WIPP Information Site
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
WW2 & Cold War History Britain
- rockets, pillboxes, auxiliary units, relics, civil bunkers, nuclear and chemical weapons, Orford Ness, RAF Alconbury, RAF Wyton, 11 Fighter Group Operations Room, Paddock and Lords Bridge
Yucca Mountain Project
- the US first long-term geologic repository for spent nuclear fuel and high-level radioactive waste
Thanks, vann- saved to disc.
Cool for the Brits, but what do we have? Not much.