Skip to comments.How God Uses Problems In Your Life
Posted on 11/25/2015 10:38:04 AM PST by damonw
This little jem was posted in a forum and a friend pasted it to his facebook page, so I am sharing it here. The authors name is Amanda Hadaway.
1. God uses problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is God trying to get your attention? Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways. Proverbs 20:30
2. God uses problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags . . . if you want to know whatâs inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has God ever tested your faith with a problem? What do problems reveal about you? When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. James 1:2-3
3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. Its likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something â¦ health, money, a relationship by losing it. It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws. Psalm 119:71-72
4. God uses problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when managements actions were eventually discovered. You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good . Genesis 50:20
5. God uses problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to God and your character are the only two things youâre going to take with you into eternity. We can rejoice when we run into problems . . . they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady. Romans 5:3-4
Heres the point: God is at work in your life even when you do not recognize it or understand it. By reading these 5 Lessons of God, be mindful to ask Why have you endured a situation? If ANY situation exists and YOU can see no way out, pause, meditate, and ask God to show you the way out. (WORK, HOME, SCHOOL, the interstate, ANYWHERE). Sometimes the lesson can be one of patience, so be receptive to ALL Gods ways. God will show you. Have faith in the outcome of Godâs work. God does all things in our life to strengthen us. We are His children. Each road we journey is a lesson for life. If you continually seek understanding from life, you can be receptive of its lesson.
I find no fault in it.
God is Love.
Excellent post. Thanks for posting this.
A well-written essay, with each point adequately supported scripturally. I’m forwarding it to a couple of Christian family members who are currently experiencing problems, by way of encouraging them. Thanks for posting!
Lessons learned from past problems make future problems easier to overcome.
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Kind of goes against the health, wealth, and prosperity teachings so rampant in the church today.
And it’s a breath of fresh air.
Thanks for posting.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.