Skip to comments.The Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Posted on 12/10/2007 4:33:54 PM PST by Salvation
The only true picture of the Mother of God To the Aztecs a message To the Spaniards a picture color, lines, stars, designs, rays, moon. all have meaning
Flowers and Songs
Mary appeared on Tepeyac, the hill was covered with flowers, surrounded by songs of the most beautiful birds
meaning: flowers and songs mean the full truth
Size of the image: 6 1/2' X 3 1/2' Mary adolescent, around 15, oval face, Mexican clear dark face, a little mother
as a caryatid, wings half open, sustain Our Lady red, white, blue in color the angel is holding both: the pink dress represents earth; the blue mantle represents heaven meaning: Heaven and earth are witnesses to the truth of the apparition message
Brightest gold - finest - royalty: as if woven, as if they would fall at touch 48 stars, 8 points; 22 on right, 26 on left show constellations that were in the sky at the time of the apparition 10:30 am December 12, 1531
pattern: The stars on one side represent the northern constellations, the others represent the southern constellations. Can see Venus the morning star, Virgo would fall on the hands, Leo on the womb, crown of stars on the head.
in Nahuatl the designs of gold thread as embroidered flowers of 8 petals represent mountains; the only 4-petal flower on womb just below sash in the center means life and movement
tied around the waist; symbol of pregnancy Central part of dress bulging - means She is with child
End of dress rolled back over the sleeves white fur means nobility - dressed in Jewish nobility - nothing Indian about it
joined in prayer of supplication, therefore not a goddess; there is someone greater than Her
stands on moon, horns up - Rev. 12:1 moon pagan god of night, providence, youth, war She is greater than the moon
mighty god; Our Lady blocks the sun behind Her She is brighter than the sun god
rays bright near body, fade out away from body 129 rays - 62 on right, 67 on left equidistant alternating forms: 1) straight like swords 2) undulating flames
because of rising sun - new life
surrounding the entire image
Please notify me via FReepmail if you would like to be added to or taken off the Catholic Discussion Ping List.
The Image as Pictograph — the Aztec Indians of Mexico understood the picture.pictograph instantly, falling on their knees.
The Image of Our Lady is actually an Aztec Pictograph which was read and understood quickly by the Aztec Indians.
1. THE LADY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SUN She was greater than their dreaded sun-god “Huitzilopochtli”.
2. HER FOOT RESTED ON THE CRESCENT MOON She had clearly vanquished their foremost deity, the feather serpent “Quetzalcoatl”.
3. THE STARS STREWN ACROSS THE MANTLE She was greater than the stars of heaven which they worshipped. She was a virgin and the Queen of the heavens for Virgo rests over her womb and the northern crown upon her head. She appeared on December 12, 1531, for the stars that she wore are the constellation of stars that appeared in the sky that day!
4. THE BLUE-GREEN HUE OF HER MANTLE She was a Queen for she wears the color of royalty.
5. THE BLACK CROSS ON THE BROOCH AT HER NECK Her God was that of the Spanish Missionaries, Jesus Christ her son.
6. THE BLACK BELT She was with child for she wore the Aztec Maternity Belt.
7. THE FOUR-PETAL FLOWER OVER THE WOMB She was the “Mother of God.” The flower was a special symbol of life, movement and deity the center of the universe.
8. HER HANDS ARE JOINED IN PRAYER She was not God but clearly there was one greater than Her and she pointed her finger to the cross on her brooch.
9. THE DESIGN ON HER ROSE-COLORED GARMENT She is the “Queen of the Earth,” for she is wearing a map of Mexico telling the Indians exactly where the apparition took place.
I had a friend tell me that she could see an image of the Sacred Heart on the hands of Our Lady of Guadalupe with the cross reaching out into the fingers.
Have any of you noticed that?
My wife and I had custody of her grandchildren awarded to us on Dec. 8th, 2003, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, after intense prayer to Blessed Virgin Mary. Also gave support to me during a particularly difficult time and gave me strength to present the case in court on numerous occasions (pro se). Note: The girls' mother did nothing wrong; just a matter of her medical conditions. The girls are doing great -- K and 1st grade.
Gpd bless you as you undertake the care of these young five and six year olds. Wow!
A very humble and prayerful *Bump* ! . . .
I have a poster of Our Lady of Guadalupe that a friend brought back from Mexico for me. Our Lady has dark hair and skin.
bumpus ad summum
Thanks for the bump, ET
I enlarged the holy card above looking for the Sacred Heart and her hands are very dark. I believe in the link that has “Amazing” in it above, it talks about her image being that of the native Indians, like St. Juan Diego.
Huh? Never heard that before.
Thanks for the Bump!
Such a beautiful miracle!
We must ask Our Lady of Guadalupe to ask God for another miracle in our country, and throughout the world, to save the unborn babies.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.