Skip to comments.
Ten Reasons to Nominate the Bishop of Lexington
Stand Firm ^
| Sachriss T. Rhett
Posted on 03/05/2006 5:32:02 PM PST by sionnsar
This week I received a letter saying that several of my colleagues have nominated me by petition as an additional candidate. . . . I do not know if I have a call to be Presiding Bishop, and I am not even asking myself that. What I am asking myself is if I am called to let the Church decide if I have gifts that might be useful to it at this particular moment.
Bishop Stacy Sauls, addressing the Diocese of Lexingtons annual convention on February 24.
10. In these divisive times, the Episcopal Church needs the gentle touch of a corporate attorney-turned-bishop.
9. In the mystical world of Kentucky Episcopalians, Stacy Sauls is the yin to Ted Gulicks yang.
8. The only way to break the hypnotic spell of Bishop Robert Duncans eyebrows is through choosing a bushy-bearded teddy bear as the next Presiding Bishop.
7. The Diocese of Lexingtons global reputation for affirming evangelicals and attracting an astounding 0.4 percent of eastern Kentuckians into the Episcopal Church.
6. Left-of-center bishops feel slighted in comprising only four-fourths of the official slate.
5. Long-suffering white males feel slighted in comprising only three-fourths of the official slate.
4. Kentuckians feel slighted in comprising only one-fourth of the official slate.
3. Isnt it time a Baby Boomer shaped an entire denomination?
2. He has mastered the noncommittal rhetorical device of "on the one hand this, on the other hand that."
And the Number One reason to Nominate the Bishop of Lexington as Presiding Bishop . . .
1. Best diocesan website ever!
TOPICS: Humor; Mainline Protestant
posted on 03/05/2006 5:32:04 PM PST
To: ahadams2; axegrinder; AnalogReigns; Uriah_lost; Condor 63; Fractal Trader; Zero Sum; ...
Traditional Anglican ping
, continued in memory of its founder Arlin Adams
if you want on or off this moderately high-volume ping list (typically 3-9 pings/day).
This list is pinged by sionnsar
Resource for Traditional Anglicans: http://trad-anglican.faithweb.com
Humor: The Anglican Blue
Speak the truth in love. Eph 4:15
posted on 03/05/2006 5:32:56 PM PST
(†trad-anglican.faithweb.com† | Libs: Celebrate MY diversity! | Iran Azadi 2006)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson