Posted on 10/12/2024 9:33:11 PM PDT by xxqqzz
An Arkansas father is facing a potential murder charge after reportedly shooting and killing a man in his 60s who was found in a vehicle with his missing 14-year-old daughter.
According to a release from the Lonoke County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded Oct. 8 to reports of a missing juvenile in the county, which is located about 75 miles north of Hot Springs.
While en route, they learned the missing 14-year-old girl’s father, Aaron Spencer, had found his daughter in a vehicle with Michael Fosler, a man in his 60s, the sheriff’s office told USA Today.
READ MORE: Body parts found in freezer identified as 16-year-old girl missing since 2005
A confrontation ensued, which ended with Spencer reportedly shooting Fosler. Fosler was pronounced dead at the scene.
Spencer was arrested for murder in the first degree and booked into jail. Jail records show he was released the following afternoon. Sheriff John Staley said in a followup video on Facebook that Spencer has not been formally charged yet. It’s up to the District Attorney’s Office to decide which charges to file.
"This is a tragic situation and my thoughts and prayers are with all involved," Staley said.
The child’s mother also posted about the incident on Facebook. She claimed Fosler, the man who was shot, had a "no contact order" with her daughter and they thought he might kill her.
"At the end of the day, our daughter is a victim and we have a long road of recovery for everyone," she said. "We are so thankful for all the calls, messages and prayers."
(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...
“...Spencer has not been formally charged yet.”
The police really need to start helping in these types of shootings (self-defense etc...) by intentionally screwing up and losing evidence etc.... to make it impossible to secure a conviction.
The murder charges are preliminary, meaning not official. I suspect they'll be dropped in the coming days.
The father has been arrested, charged, and finally the family made bale $500,000 bail, so $50k bond) They have a fundraiser up to help with legal defense.
He was charged with 1st Degree Murder.
A bit more to the story: The dead pedo rapist was the boyfriend of another family member who started texting their daughter (13 years old), grooming her, and eventually raped her. The dead guy was arrested, then released on bail.
While out on bail, the predator again got the daughter out of the house - mom and dad realized she was gone and called 911. meanwhile, dad jumps in his truck and goes looking - eventually passing the perp with his daughter. He turned around and gave chase - resulting in the perp wrecking out. When the dad got out of his vehicle to rescue his daughter, the now dead pedophile made the error of attacking the dad - who then pulled his gun and shot the pedophile predator.
Lonoke county Arkansas has one of crappiest Sheriff’s departments and prosecutors in the state. This prosecutor has dropped the ball many times on many cases -
This predator was previously arrested for RAPING this girl after extensive grooming. She was 13 when he did it. But he was released on bond and this predator just returned and snatched the daughter again...
Well that’s my horror movie for this week
The police already do this ... when the perps are Democrats. Remember when Hillary! was facing the possibility of charges a few years ago - so the DOJ immunized everyone and then did nothing about it?
If he is charged, he will demand a jury trial. It may be difficult to convict in Arkansas.
I can’t see a jury convicting him.
Charges?!
Give this man a medal.
He did humanity a favor.
...”leaving willingly” tells me drugs were involved...
Spencer should be awarded a medal of honor for doing what the police couldn’t and wouldn’t do.
👍👍👍
Father of the World award
Police are only there to protect the criminals and give them free medical care three meals a day and a great place to live and people who seek revenge well they get crapped on by this society we call freedom
The father should receive The Ellie Nesler Award for ridding the planet of filth.
Am I remembering correctly that the dead guy had been a school resource officer in a different State?
We have gotten a clear picture of a predator who continuously worked with children and preyed on young girls. This man was Chief of police in Indiana and resource officer, giving us a better idea of why the Lonoke county courts have been protecting him and going after my husband.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.