Skip to comments.Most can't afford a vacation; Obama will jet to Martha's Vineyard
Posted on 07/19/2011 6:47:44 AM PDT by pabianice
Per WTKK news --
56% of families that usually take a summer vacation cannot afford to this year and will be taking "staycations" at home. Meanwhile, The White House has announced that the Obama family will again head to Martha's Vineyard with an entourage of over 200 people (including scurity, cooks, butlers, staff, etc.), requiring half a dozen Air Force and Marine Corps aircraft, to stay at a $50,000/week mansion that will cost over $1,000,000/week in your tax money all told.
Obama -- he feels your pain.
One Big Ass Mistake America
Proposed House cuts to the Executive Office of the President's (EOP) budget will hurt administration efforts to cut the deficit, the White House argues.
The Obama administration made the argument in comments on H.R. 2434, the 2012 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act. That bill could be on the House floor as early as next week, and would decrease funding for the EOP from $705 million to $640 million.
He feels entitled.
Prince William and his bride flew back to England - commercial.
I don’t expect Obama to fly commercial..but I do expect him to show some restraint.
Betty Ford reused her shoes and just dyed them another color.
will the obama party posse all be eating peas?
I wonder if Jaws is in the area.
Why should taxpayers pay the total cost of the president’s vacation?
Does the company you work for (if you still have a job) pay the total cost of YOUR vacation? Better yet, do you get to stay in a $50,000 a day mansion while you’re on a vacation the company is paying for it?
Therefore, President Obama, you have a perfectly nice home in Chicago, Illinois. Stay there for your fancy vacations and pay for your own vaca. That’s what the rest of us have to do, minus the oversized mansion in Chicago.
Just shows to go ya, how effective is affirmative action, I guess. No skills, no experience, no successes on my record, and the bar lowered for an effective distribution of wealth is just the way to go to achieve social justice, right? I get to have a couple of million $’s worth of vacation, lobster, steak, bbq ribs and trimmins, 20-30 men protecting me from my own countrymen desiring to shoot my arse, and playing golf, while you and your family get to stay in your back yard and run through the dribbling water at the end of a hose distributed by a cutsie little plastic monster made in China, eating hot dogs and bologna sandwiches. Ahhh, social justice, I love it.
1. Golf: A lot of Americans wish they had the time, let alone the money, to hit the golf links twice a month. The day after the Japan earthquake and tsunami, Obama played his 61st round of golf, fewer than 26 months into his presidency.
2. Foreign travel: All modern Presidents have taken foreign trips, but President Obama knows how to combine pleasure with business, often picking hot vacation spots such as this weekend's trip (with his family) to Rio, where sightseeing will be mixed with meetings. And Michelle Obamas extravagant summer trip to Spain with an entourage of friends and security (but not her husband) during the depths of Americas economic woes invited comparisons to Marie Antoinette. (She just went to suckup to South Africa).
3. Vacations: The Obama clan likes to spend time on tony Marthas Vineyard in August and go to Hawaii for a lengthy family visit around the Christmas holiday. Theyve taken a long weekend in Chicago. And a trip out West to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. And time at a beach in Florida. Plus several jaunts to New York for high-society events. In fact, he has taken nearly a dozen vacations since becoming President.
4. Dining out: Whether dining high-on-the-hog or slumming it at Bens Chili Bowl, this is a President that likes to eat. After all, his culinary exploits once inspired this headline on a blog following the first family during a Marthas Vineyard vacation: "Obamas Depleting U.S. Lobster Supply."
5. Playing basketball: At times it seems that Obama would rather be an NBA star than President. He has a regular pickup basketball game with friends, and even played some hoops last summer with NBA stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. But his passion comes with some danger: Last year an opponents elbow cut the first lip, requiring 12 stitches.
6. White House concerts: Nothing like inviting famous singers and musicians to your house for a little concert. The first couple has been serenaded at the White House by the likes of Paul McCartney, Joan Baez, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Bob Dylan during performances honoring Motown, Broadway, and "Music that tells the story of America," including Songs of the Civil Rights Movement."
7. White House theater: The Obamas have been getting good use of the White House theater in recent months, having guests over for a Super Bowl party, movie screenings, and sporting events. During a screening of Thurgood, an HBO film about Thurgood Marshall, he shared popcorn with Al Sharpton, and for a Chicago Bulls-Charlotte Bobcats game he invited Illinois and North Carolina lawmakers over for Chicago-style hot dogs and pulled pork, with Dove bars for dessert.
8. Sporting events: Obama likes to take in a ball game from time to time. He often snarls Washington traffic while attending basketball games at the Verizon Center or baseball at Nationals Park. Once, when attending a Georgetown-Duke basketball game, he was interviewed at courtside and briefly called the game for the TV audience. "After retirement, I'm coming after your job," he told CBS announcer Clark Kellogg.
9. Youth sports: During a crisis, Obama can act decisively and selflessly. He stepped in when his daughters basketball coach couldnt make it to a game and coached the team himself, even though his daughter Sasha was on a ski trip to Vail, Colo., with her mother.
10. NCAA brackets: As Japans nuclear crisis neared a meltdown and Libyan rebels were being routed, Obama found time to videotape his NCAA basketball tournament picks for ESPN to air later in the week. To his credit, the President did pause long enough to urge Americans to think of Japan while filling out their basketball brackets.
I am trying to come up with a word to express how I feel, but there is no curse in the English language that is powerful enough.
It’s seems all one can do it look towards Heaven and scream “How long, O Lord?”
It won’t be publicized as to its cost, and the American people won’t know and wouldn’t care anyway because they want their president to have some “time off.” The problem remains with the American people and their poor nomination and election choices.
Most Americans are having trouble paying for gas, groceries and utilities this summer. They are happy to have a job, since so many of their friends and family are on an unwanted “vacation,” as they search in vain for a job.
The Ruling Class is clueless, and it will come back to bite them.
I’ve got to quit reading articles like this because....
Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
One public spending project I would endorse, public transportation from low income housing out to the Vineyard.
I don’t see why they can just load the kids into the Family Truckster and have Mo drive them all up to the Communist enclave.
Aerial view of Tiah's Cove, location of the 29-acre Blue Heron Farm.
The Obama's spectacular Martha's Vineyard waterfront farm vacation site----is a glamorous spread featuring spectacular views, a private beach, and even its own private golf tee, the Vineyard Gazette reported.
With a main Victorian farmhouse, a five-bedroom "guest house," a reconstructed Pennsylvania barn and New Hampshire shed plus other out buildings, Obama will have room to roam and space to accommodate an entourage while meeting the government's security needs.
The sprawling property, located in the town of Chilmark, is owned by Mississippi timber magnate William Van Devender and wife Mollie, who have decided to rent it for two months this summer. It sold for more than $20 million in 2005.
The estate's prior owners hosted Bill and Hillary Clinton in the summer of 1998. The cost to Obama was unknown, but similar luxury rentals in the area go for between $35,000 to $50,000 per week, about what the average US wage earner earns in a year....if he/she has a job in the Obama depression.
Obama can practice his jump shot on a private basketball half-court or indulge golfing by teeing off on a private tee with a 300-yard fairway leading to a putting green. He can also stroll to a private saltwater pond or take a dip in the Atlantic from a private beach.
The house also has a private dock with a Boston Whaler, a catamaran and several kayaks.deal. Its pool is said to be one of the prettiest while the hot tub overlooking the water offers total privacy.
There is a private vegetable garden and a miniature boathouse with a loft on the water for guest sleepovers.
And that's just the way he likes it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.