Skip to comments.Vanity Opinion: Seven very BIG reasons to vote Republican tomorrow!
Posted on 11/06/2006 3:01:32 PM PST by Jim Robinson
Seven very BIG reasons to vote Republican tomorrow:
1) The war against global jihadism. There is no reason whatsoever to trust the Democrat Party with our national security against the global jihadists. They don't even recognize the threat, much less possess the spine to actually fight the enemy. And the cut and run Democrat Party will not stop at surrender. Make no bones about it, their overall objective includes making the US completely defenseless.
2) The ongoing battle for the constitution and against liberal judicial activism. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust the liberal/socialist Democrat Party with majority power, which they will immediately and stubbornly use to block the president's constitutionally minded judicial appointments. Obstructionist filibuster from the minority party is bad enough. Don't give the constitution-hating Democrat Party majority power.
3) Taxes. We know exactly what the redistributionist/socialist Democrat Party will do regarding the issue of making the tax cuts permanent. In fact, we know they have absolutely no problem whatsoever with raising our taxes.
4) Social issues. The Marxist/liberal Democrat Party is salivating over the prospects of homosexual marriage, unlimited abortion on demand, socialized health care, taxpayer funded political campaigns, "fairness" in the media, gun-control, the continued erosion of freedom of religion, even the abolishment of the Electoral College. If you care about moral government, moral society, freedom, liberty, etc, and do not wish for a permanent socialist Democrat one party rule, you cannot possibly trust the godless/liberal Democrat Party with power over these issues.
5) Global warming baloneyism. Again, the Marxist/liberal Democrat Party is salivating over the prospect of re-signing onto the Kyoto treaty which will be a mortal blow to America's chances of remaining a sovereign nation. Empowering the globalist Democrat Party now will strengthen their chances of not only holding the majority in '08, but actually electing a liberal Democrat to the presidency. So if you care for our national sovereignty, and care about the survival of our free nation in the future you cannot possibly trust the globalist/liberal Democrat Party with majority power now.
6) Border control. Granted, President Bush has disappointed and angered many conservatives over his stand on border control, illegal immigration, guest worker programs, etc, but again, allowing a globalist/Marxist Democrat Party the majority will do nothing for border control but make it worse. The Republican congress is the ONLY thing standing for you against the immigration programs you fear most. The globalist Democrat Party is all for open borders and immediate amnesty for the illegals. They're waiting with open arms to grant driving licenses, voting rights, free health care and welfare to all illegal immigrants in exchange for their votes. Do not grant the Democrat Party this power.
7) Speaker Pelosi. Yes I care. Despite the political pundits making little over worrying about who becomes the next Speaker of the House and whether or not it should influence your vote - please worry! Be afraid. Very afraid. Having an outright Marxist as Speaker of the House is definitely something to be mighty alarmed about!
A word about protest votes. IF you care about national sovereignty, self-government, constitutionally limited government, freedom, liberty, our traditional American way of life, etc., you cannot possibly sit out this election or vote in any manner whatsoever that will help usher in a Democrat Party majority. Voting third party (if you may have otherwise voted Republican) is not conscientious, nor is it in your own best interest, nor in the best interest your causes, nor in the best interest of our free Republic. It's actually destructive. Giving the liberal/Marxist Democrat PARTY the majority at this time of multi-fronted global war is simply empowering and strengthening the enemy both foreign and domestic. If you want to register a protest, it would be far better and more effective to hold a sign, write a letter, send a telegram, call your representative or visit his office, withhold your financial support, but do not withhold your vote! Do not empower your mortal enemy!
Sheila and I and every one I know in my neck of the woods has or will be voting "R." I hope you will too. NOTHING would send a message to the nation and to the jihadists of the world like a landslide for the Republicans. Don't make the day for the Marxist Democrat Party and their more than willing accomplices in the leftist media. Vote "R!"
#7 is the most frightening.
(Seriously, good post!)
I'm not voting tomorrow! You can't make me...
Seven great and valid reasons to vote for the GOP. It's just too bad you can't list smaller government with a straight face.
Its straight R's for this republican in the morning.
Already did! I am now free to ignore all political advertising.
Vote "R" for constitutionally minded judges. Our last hope for smaller, constitutionally limited government!
That arseclown needs to be beat within an inch of his life with a wet towel...
Words escape me as to how his statment is a clear example of projection...Bubba Jeff Clinton never ran anything right while POTUS, and the damage he did to the US while President may never be fully understood....
Straight R bump.
Can I use my fists?
Thank You for the post Mr. Robinson. My husband already voted early and then it's me and my three daughters tomorrow! Woo Hoo! I think we'll keep the majority in both. I just think turn out for all of us will be there.
I, and about 1500 of my coworkers, will be voting R....pretty sure of that...
Outstanding piece! You nailed it with all seven.
8) It's the only sensible thing to do...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.