Skip to comments.How to avoid being murdered by a Dutch hedonist
Posted on 07/02/2005 10:00:59 AM PDT by wagglebee
The Aruban incident ticks me off on three levels:
1. The total obfuscation coming from the pencil neck geek Aruban teens, from the Frankenstein-like Dutch punk and from his lawless lawyer father. As macabre and irreparably dented as the BTK killer is, at least when he was caught, he came clean. Not so with these palm pilots.
2. The incredibly decrepit Aruban Keystone cops and their banana republic judicial system who have handled this case like MC Hammer handled his finances during the 90s and . . .
3. The fact that this could have been avoided if . . . if . . . Natalee would have simply run away from with these little horn dogs.
What the heck is a good-looking blonde girl doing leaving her friends at midnight to go off with the Netherlands version of Lurch and the local Mango brothers? With all due respect to Natalee and her parents, what was she thinking? She was asking for disaster. Now, because of one bad decision, because of over-riding her common sense and probably everything her parents have told her not to do, she has, almost certainly, been murdered by these three stooges. What a shame. What a loss. And againwhat an avoidable tragedy.
Of the 157 missing kids in Florida, 120 are girls, i.e. 75% of the kidnapped or murdered victims are little ladies. In addition, one out of every five teen girls will experience some form of dating violence by the time she finishes high school. The reality is, ladies, Happy Days are over and the girls have got to wise up if they want to avoid being duct taped and stuck in the trunk of some losers Trans Am.
The answer is not isolation. There really arent any Mayberry RFDs to move to any more, as weird guys seem to be everywhere today. Therefore, it is up to you, my little chicas bonitas, to become sharper than a bag of wet mice when you party, travel and date. Yes, even blondes must cease to be blonde in their deductions of most dudes.
In order to be safe and still have a good time Ive concocted a helpful list of pointerssome borrowed from Safety Chick, Kathleen Baty, some from www.familyeducation.com and some from my own ridiculously distrusting, overprotective, dont-mess-with-my-daughters-or-Ill-kill-you brain. If followed, you stand a pretty good chance of avoiding the Van der SlutsI meanSloots that are out there. Here we go . . .
1. Whet your BS detector. Girls, if red flags start going off in your head, your skin begins to crawl up your arm and your gut revolts against your eyes and ears, then you might want to pay attention to what your body/ intuition is telling you. Yes, Gavin de Beckers Gift of Fear (that we all have and often to our detriment, override) is trying to tell you there is a lot wrong with Mr. Rico Suaveno matter how he looks or what he says. Yes, your sixth sense is trying to tell you there is something awry with Mr. Nice Guy. Dont blow this in-house salvo off, but rather get well acquainted with your internal ticker; itll help you see through the veil of crap most bad guys live behind.
2. Party Smart. When out partying, lame guys with hackneyed existences have found ways around getting a life before they get a girl. It is called, as you all know, date rape drugs. With the advent of roofies and ecstasy, losers are able to work around your brain and body (if they can lace your drink) by getting you so smashed that you throw off any inhibitions (or go unconscious) so they can try their ham-fisted moves on you. So, to avoid being French kissed, raped, impregnated, kidnapped or murdered by these slugs:
Dont take a drink from a stranger. Receive your drink, only, only from the bartender; watch him make it, and then have him hand it directly to you.
Dont leave your drink lying around where Goofy can drop a roofie in it.
Dont party with brain-dead buddies. Hang out with friends who arent like Gary Busey or Tara Reid, who keep their wits about them when theyre having a good time, who will not let you leave with three local peons or get ridiculously wasted, who have a well honed BS detector and who will not let you get behind the wheel of your 330I if youve had seven shots of Cabo Wabo.
3. Learn to Kick Butt. A good defense is a strong offense, and ladies, Im a big advocate of your learning how to dissemble a man, should the need arise, with your own hands, feet and weapon. If I were you, my dear, I would take martial arts, learn how to use a knife, buy a gun and get a concealed weapons permit. Im talking getting packed, stacked and ready to whack.
Yes, you would do well to follow hard in the path of Lara Croft, Charlies Angels, Annie Oakley and Wonder Woman in learning how to wail on any would-be perpetrator. Can you imagine if one of those Aruban rubes made some ill advance on Natalee, and she were able to go Jackie Chan on them? The May 31st Aruba Diario headlines would have been somewhat different. They would have read, Dutch dill weed admitted to ER last night to have proctologist remove driftwood from his backside put there by young blonde who told him no and meant it.
Date Rape drug comes to mind. I understand from some news reports...at this night club that particular drug is available to the men patrons for use on their various dates.
They deserve better in life but it's no shock to me that so many meet such disasters. They live as if they are Pollyanna in Never-never Land, with Prince Charming always at the ready to save them from any problems.
Sorry, but THAT'S the harsh truth.
It's my guess, an educated one, I bet, that SOMEwere, SOMEhow, drugs and alcohol were invoved. That often spells doom with young women, a.k.a. "girls," no matter where they are.
IIRC her friends from school have basically acknowledged that there was a lot of drinking going on, and drugs are very easy to come by in Aruba.
As an idle random aside, I'm pretty sure I was once given a 'date rape drug' by accident in Budapest. I think it was probably scopalamine. In any case, I was with a group and had bought a drink for a female which I left unattended at the table while I went to track her down. When we returned, she took a sip and didn't want it, so I of course downed it. Boy, was I a mess afterward.... I'd only had one other drink that night. It didn't dawn on me until a couple days later what had probably happened.
I laughed at the crack about MC hammer's finances.
I really wonder about the advice though.
He says to listen to warning signs that someone isn't the Mr. right that they seem. But lots of girls these days are actively seeking Mr. wrong, as glamorized in MTV thug gangsta rap videos and elsewhere. The problem isn't they are misreading people who seem nice and good -- the problem they are seeking and attracted to the bad people to begin with. Careful what you wish for...
I wonder about the recommendation of self defense courses for women, the value of which can be wildly exagerrated, and create a false sense of security. It can be useful, but isn't going to help against multiple assailants, or when you are drugged. Sometimes the training can provoke far worse responses than the attackers had in mind, quite possibly that is exactly what happened here. Far more useful is avoiding hanging out WITHOUT ANY KNOWN FRIENDS with DRUNK TOTAL STRANGERS in a FOREIGN COUNTRY after dark in a VICE (gambling) ESTABLISHMENT. The article should have emphasized that you should have known friends with you at all times when associating with strangers.
Boy, isn't it the truth. Your friends are supposed to watch out for you, better yet score some booze and munchies, and hole up in someone's hotel room. Don't forget that men can be a victim of drugging. Wake up and your watch and wallet are gone.
I feel so very sorry for her parents and siblings.
Very few people, let alone most girls, care about the PC use of the women, girls thing. Your evocation of it tells me you are probably a Dem or worse.(yes, people can get worse than being a dem, look at hillary). Girls is a term commonly used, even by, wait for it, girls. If you don't like it, don't use it, if you don't like it being used for you, if you are a girl, then crab about that. Don't take people to task for using it for people other than yourself. I hate PC about as much as anything in this world. It is a sign of communism, socialism, progressive BS, freedom of speech means just that and when you try to "correct" someone you are guilty of trying to supress free speech.
Very good post. Thanks.
I saw, heard or read this somewhere recently. If you go to the bathroom and/or leave your drink, toss it and order a new one when you return. I don't frequent bars but if one of my girls ever does, I plan to pass on this advice. In my day no one ever thought about this kind of plan.
A few years back, I would go out with a friend of mine from high school. Since she wasn't paying attention to either of our drinks, I would take mine into the restroom with me. I'm not much of a bar person anyway. Men need to exercise caution too.
Good point. I will also tell my sons.
Constant pop culture
promotion of this as fun
can get to a girl . . .
It's easy (especially after drinking) to miss the last ride back to the hotel, which may be miles and miles away across a dark and unknown island.
That's when the "nice local boys" politely offer to deliver you safe and sound to your hotel.
Easy as ABC.
How about parents not financing ridiculous trips like this for children (high school graduation). I would never fund this type of trip for my daughters. No one is really speaking to the fact that all of this could have been avoided.
What the heck is a good-looking blonde girl doing leaving her friends at midnight to go off with the Netherlands version of Lurch and the local Mango brothers?
Unfortunately, often when visitng a place such as Aruba, there is a sense of safety because it is small and uncrowded. Consequently that false sense of being in a totally safe environment leads to some foolish behavior, and in this case tragic results.
usually in these situations, the friends are just as drunk
if not more and therfore just as stupid.
word to the wise:if you can't watch them pour the drink, don't drink it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.