Skip to comments.Myths and lies of illegal immigration
Posted on 05/08/2005 3:38:21 AM PDT by Happy2BMe
Because the pro-illegal alien lobby has a bottomless pit of money and can hire PR people to spin (and fabricate) anything any way, there are an undue number of myths and lies that the public (and many politicians) has bought into. The FACTS are:
1. It is NOT racist to call these people "illegal aliens" In fact, "illegal aliens" is the only term used in federal laws and regulations to describe criminals (and they ARE criminals) who come into our country illegally. They are not illegal immigrants, not undocumented immigrants, not migrant workers, and not day laborers - they're ILLEGAL ALIENS.
2. Mexico is NOT a poor country. It has the fifth richest economy in the world, and by sending its teeming masses to our country, that status keeps on rising. Mexico has more resources per square mile than the U.S. and plenty of money to take care of its own people. Why should the taxpayers of this country subsidize Mexico's corruption?
3. Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work.
4. Illegal aliens are NOT doing work Americans won't do. What jobs won't Americans do? In most states, Americans still clean their own houses, do their own landscaping, clean hotel rooms, work in restaurants and fast food places, paint houses, DO CONSTRUCTION WORK, work in airports, etc. - just like we have the past 200 years before "our" government allowed these people to invade our country. There are 18 million Americans who cannot find a job, so illegal aliens who are coming here to work do so at peril to American workers.
5. Illegal aliens absolutely do not contribute more than they cost. Certainly the millions in prison and on welfare aren't contributing a dime to our economy, and the ones who are working often are paid in cash with no deductions for taxes at all. The ones who use fraudulent social security numbers and qualify to pay taxes and social security have so many deductions for dependents that they pay little if any taxes. We have seen them pay less than $100 in taxes and get back $4,000 refunds (thanks to earned income tax credits and multiple dependents). The Center for Immigration Studies estimates that the average Mexican illegal alien costs U.S. taxpayers a whopping $55,000 each. Some bargain, eh?
6. The economy does NOT depend on illegal aliens. Sure, greedy CEOs (making $50 to $150 MILLION a year) and business owners depend on illegal aliens, but due to #3, #4 and #5 above, the only thing illegal aliens are contributing to is the collapse of our economy and making the rich richer.
7. Without illegal aliens, the price of agricultural products and other goods and services will NOT soar. The definitive study on this subject is the University of Iowa's "How Much Is That Tomato?" The study concludes that 'since labor is such a small component of the end-price of agricultural products (which includes price to the growers, transportation costs, processing /storage costs, grocers' profit, etc.), using minimum wage workers instead of illegal aliens would increase prices of agricultural products by approximately 3 percent in the summer and 4 percent in the winter ... hardly the making of $10 heads of lettuce, $25 hamburgers, $1,000 per night Days Inn hotel rooms like the pro-illegal alien lobby claims.
8. Consumers are NOT benefiting from lower labor costs. Again, it's CEOs and business owners who benefit from taxpayer subsidies for their illegal alien workers. The Big Three automakers say they moved so many jobs to Mexico because their labor costs are 80 percent less than in America. Anybody notice the price of new cars spiraling downward under NAFTA?
So, before you believe the prevalent pack of lies perpetuated by the illegal alien lobby, which makes billions off this government-sanctioned criminal activity, ask yourself who's saying this garbage and look at what they have to gain. Citizens Against Illegal Immigration, just like Protect Arizona NOW, is an all-volunteer, totally grass-roots organization of citizens who are making nothing and have nothing personal to gain from their efforts to fight this corruption. Whose side are you on, and what are YOU doing to save your state and country from this evil?
McKee is the director of Protect Arizona NOW. A former Quaker Sunday School teacher and Volunteer of the Year in a large metropolitan area, she has a 35-year record of charity work and philanthropy largely benefiting minorities.
Myths and lies of illegal immigration
All of that would be unnecessary if our worthless politicians would stop protecting the employers who created this disaster in the first place.
'06 is not that far away.
It really gets my gander up
lets see if i get this right.
Vacant Fox comes to america "hat in hand", and tells us (the taxpayers) to...
1: feed his ppl
2: provide health care to his ppl
3: educate his ppl
and 4: give jobs to his ppl
All that and not to mention
5: look the other way as his ppl break our laws
I dont get too mad at the im-grint(lil texas lingo)
Because i would go through hell n back to feed my family.
I do get mad at the mex gov whose currupt country is a investment and economic blackhole. Or the boss who turns down a american for the mex laborer. The shady politician who is trying to win another election by pandering for x% of said hispanic vote.
On these- I firmly believe- will hinge our fate, and future, individually, and as a society.
There will be many posts forthcoming from the illegal-alien lovers convention claiming these myths are true.
Because it helps drain America's resources, thereby helping in reducing US to a third world country.
One needn't be paranoid to think that the supporters of, and the do nothing attitude concerning illegal aliens by the states and federal governments, is indicative of anything less than a treasonous act perpetrated through either ignorance, or a precognitive recognition that it will further erode the United States.
The pathetic Euopeans and third worlders scream in agony about anything Israel, or the U.S. does to protect their respective borders. They, and the enemy Dimocrats, wish nothing more than for America to be "punched in the nose".
" Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work."
This must be nationally. In California, it must be at least 60-70% illegals on welfare!
If the ICE and the ATF swapped agents, every illegal alien would be arrested, deorted or shot in a month, and Americans could shoot machine guns in their yards without even an investigation.
The illegals have been granted more rights than we have, and far more benefits.
Re: the pictures of the tattooed gang members - I wonder how many of the open borders supporters would like these guys living next door...
None, but they would never admit it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.