Skip to comments.BASIC TENETS OF LEFTIST FUNDAMENTALISM -- Politically-Correct Progessive Fundamentalism (PCP-ism)
Posted on 11/19/2003 5:11:57 AM PST by Apolitical
If you truly wish to convert to being a politically correct progressive (PCP), here is a list of the most important principles of PCP theology. Try to remember them all -- even if this requires an act of faith rather than reason -- so that you too can be a caring and open-hearted individual faster than you can say "race, gender, class" (the PCP Trinity):
1. The transformation of Cuba from Latin America`s wealthiest country into its poorest does not mean that socialism does not work.
2. The transformation of Russia from the world`s largest food exporter, before communism, to the world`s largest food importer, during communism, does not show that socialism does not work.
3. Comparing East Germany (before unification) with West Germany, or North Korea with South Korea, one cannot conclude that capitalism works and socialism does not.
4. The fact that Marx was wrong about every empirically-testable hypothesis does not mean that Marxism is wrong.
5. The fact that Marxism caused a conservatively-estimated 100 million deaths in the 20th century does not mean that Marxism is bad or a failure.
6. Those 100 million deaths notwithstanding, Marxists care about people.
7. Conservatives hate all people and small animals.
8. The fact that socialized medicine does not work anywhere does not mean that it would not work in America.
9. The fact that the green lobby was screaming just a few years back about global cooling (and sometimes still does) is no reason why its warnings about global warming should be regarded with skepticism.
10. The fact that black Americans live better on average than white people in Europe or Japanese people in Japan does not disprove the charge that black Americans are the most oppressed and impoverished people in the world.
11. If one country is rich and another poor, it must be because the rich one stole all the wealth away from the poor one.
12. Most Arabs are interested in peace, even though they prefer war.
13. National Public Radio is objective.
14. The New York Times is not liberal
15. Native Americans and Eskimos have always spent their days worrying about the environment.
16. All Christians are racists.
17. All Jews are racists.
18. Moslems can never be racists.
19. Blacks can never be racists.
20. Mowing your lawn and using insecticides is murder; partial-birth abortion is not....
(Excerpt) Read more at iconoclast.ca ...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.