Skip to comments.Mitch McConnell just met Zelenskyy in Kyiv
Posted on 05/14/2022 6:32:44 AM PDT by RandFan
1) Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and 3 GOP senators just met Zelenskyy in Kyiv. Also there:
John Barrasso (R-WY)
Susan Collins (R-ME)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
2) Note this comes as the Senate is trying to align with the House and approve $40 billion in Ukraine assistance. There is a procedural vote Monday night to break a filibuster. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky) is singled-handedly holding this up.
3) If Paul sticks to his guns, it may take the Senate until the end of next week to approve the bill. Paul wants an inspector general to oversee the money the US is sending to Ukraine
(Excerpt) Read more at twitter.com ...
Was Zelensky able to tear his eyes away from China Mitch’s undulating chins?
Oh for Petes sake. Did the dems show up there to try to get more votes come midterms? Is the GOP pulling a copycat?
Providing their offshore banking information in person for their cut of the $40B?
“Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and 3 GOP senators just met Zelenskyy in Kyiv.”
Haven’t Zelensky and the Ukrainians suffered enough?
This shuttle service between Washington and Kiev is quite busy. Perhaps we should point out a few obvious facts:
1. If you took the money spent on sending politicians there for photo ops, you could help Ukraine a lot more.
2. Apparently our largely senior citizen politicians don’t recall we have internet, phones and cameras where face-to-face meetings are not really necessary.
3. Apparently our Washington corps also doesn’t believe what the media is saying about the conflict as they have to go there themselves to check it out.
4. How dangerous can it be if airlines and helicopters are dropping in and out of Ukraine daily?
It leads me to believe the whole Ukraine effort on the part of Washington is to benefit Washington, not principally Ukraine.
Is that a “war zone?” Sure are a lot of people visiting.
Our Betters expect their traditional 10% cut
Don't blame me, you voted for them
WTF, another POS politician on Spring Break to Ukraine.
So is this a dangerous war zone or not ? We have all these politicians, heads of state, president’s wives. celebrities etc.. just flying in to the Ukraine. Must be pretty safe. Ever wonder what really is going on ?
Why not. Word has it Zelensky has suddenly come into alot of cash.
Zelensky must take help from where he can get it, but he mustn’t trust any politician coming from Washington.
“”Paul wants an inspector general to oversee the money the US is sending to Ukraine””
Well, certainly SOMEONE needs to oversee the transaction but IG’s in the past only come to the surface AFTER the damage has been done - when the horse has left the barn. IMO, they are probably some of the most useless people on the federal payroll. It’s a long list.
Good for Rand. Is he the only one who is paying attention?
“”Is that a “war zone?” Sure are a lot of people visiting.””
Kind of reminds me of pictures/movies we’ve seen of people traveling out of DC with horse and buggy to watch the Civil War battles.
Why wouldn’t they go over there?
With the amount of money involved, they need to protect their cut.
Ukraine is a money laundromat.
Just assume as writ that Washington pols will take a cut of any and all moneys earmarked for whether war or any other publicly stated purpose. You don’t have to bribe them, that’s already built in.
DING DING DING!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.