Skip to comments.Carter up to no good in Venezuela
Posted on 02/26/2005 6:57:50 PM PST by Kitten Festival
It defies belief. Ex-President Jimmy Carter, who crystallized a fraudulent recall referendum for Venezuela's dictator Hugo Chavez, now says his Carter Center will return to Caracas "to help consolidate peace and democracy." He also says he's got a final report on the Venezuelan recall referendum. (There've been some other final reports but somehow he's got to issue a final final final report) He's up to no good.
No one has demoralized Venezuela's democracy more than America's worst-ever president. The only legitimate reason he has to go to Caracas is to beg Venezuelans for forgiveness after that sorry show he put on last August, endorsing an election that was clearly stolen with his complicity. The Carter Center's shoddy election monitoring and mendacious spin control in the aftermath turned a profound exercise in democracy into a miserable affair swept under the rug, while Carter prepared to move on to the next election.
But something happened along the way to the next election: The State Department declined to endorse Carter's recall referendum observational results, as it had announced it would, and nobody important wanted the Carter Center's business anymore. Carter was conspicuously absent from the dead-serious elections in Ukraine and Iraq recently. Ever the vindictive little man, Carter "participated" in those by sniping at these great human events from the sidelines. For that, President Bush didn't care to call on him to lead tsunami relief either, as he did all other able-bodied former presidents.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
What an a-hole.
Yeah, how else can you put it? It's what he is.
I bet his ass still aches about not getting face time during the tsunami.
I sure hope so. And everyone's pointing, too!
haha.....Jimmy is gonna get himself shot or kidnapped one of these day fooling around where he ain't wanted.....hey Jimmy, you finally got a sub named after you.......why don't ya go watch them build it or something and leave foreign affairs to the adults.......
I hope he dies of old age, nobody goes to his funeral, and everyone compares him unfavorably to Ronald Reagan and the public outpouring that followed during his funeral. May the lines to pay Jimmah last respects be empty as the wide prairie. I would not mind if Venezuelans whizzed on his grave, either.
"Here lies Jimmy Carter--Friend to Castro, Enemy to Freedom"
Jimmy Carter's Accomplishments in almost 30 years of public life:
1) Took inflation to all-time high
2) Allowed the Shah of Iran to fall,Iran Fundamentalism to take over
3) Had Iran take American hostages, humiliate the US, and Carter looking pathetically helpless as to what to do
4) Tried a rescue plan which went haywire in the desert, costing American lives and prestige
5) Made a speech declaring America's best days behind us,and suggesting a malaise had taken over the country
6) USSR invaded Afghanistan, Carter expresses surprise at the Soviets' agressiveness, and decides the best response is to boycott their Olympics, thus punishing our athletes and nobody else
7)Declares during his debate with Reagan, that his 8 year old daughter Amy's biggest worry is "nucular proliferation"
8) Carter, as an incumbent, gets trounced in the election by Reagan and loses the Senate in the process for the Democrats
9) Just as Middle East terrorism starts becoming a newsworthy event, Carter sides with one Arab thug after another and trashes the only Democracy in the area - Israel
10) Gets sent to Haiti to "referee" election, and declares the thug the winner in a corrupt process
11) Goes to Venezuela to referee an election and again, despite an obvious fraud perpetrated by the incumbent thug, declares a fair election and the thug the winner
12) Declares his opposition to all Bush's foreign policy decisions, just about all of them being the right decisions made by Bush
Have I left anything out of this long distinguished record of accomplishment?
Along with #6, he also embargoed shipments of American wheat to the USSR, which they promptly replaced from other sources, but which screwed American farmers and nobody else.
He also squandered tens of billions in "synfuel" scams, back when tens of billions was real money. Oh--and no energy was produced, no technology was commercialized.
I came to the conclusion long ago that this former worst president in history had a nailgun to the head accident at one of those habitat for humanity projects
-Took interest rates to an all-time high
-Always the bendover to Arab bullies, he installed fuel rationing as his solution to soaring oil prices.
-Gave away the Panama canal.
-Presided over the first wave of international terrorism against Americans, primarily hijacking. Arabs got the idea that America was a good target with Carter at the helm.
-Got the Nobel Prize, happily serving as a tool to advance the Norway/Swedish (whoever awards that thing) eurotrash's effort to rebuke America, who openly said they only gave it to Carter to insult Bush.
-Denounced Florida's elections as dirtier than Venezuela's.
-Wrote really really really bad poetry and bodice-ripper novels.
Oh there's plenty more...
I guess his bodice-ripping novels are the result of the "lusting in his heart."
I also loved his fireside chats in those stupid looking sweaters.
To this day, he remains a profoundly evil man.
If I were Home Depot, I wouldn't want him near the company. The guy is bad for business.
Woodrow Wilson: He Kept Us Out Of War
Jimmuh Cotta: He Kept Us Out Of The Olympics
He was an absolute ass! The list of his depredations is extremely long.
Like the on-site reporting on the progress of any number of glaciers in the Yukon?
Forgot that he helped get North Korea Nukes.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.