Skip to comments.Will the 1991 Biography Discovery Force Obama to Open the Hood?
Posted on 05/26/2012 9:15:05 AM PDT by Menehune56
Three possibilities follow the bombshell discovery that Barack Obama was promoted in 1991 through 2007 by his professional agency as an author "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii." (1) Obama untruthfully presented himself as Kenya-born. (2) Obama untruthfully presents himself as Hawaii-born. (3) Obama had no knowledge that his bio contained the 16-year-old "error" which was corrected in April of 2007, when Obama was gearing up his campaign for the U.S. presidency.
Authors write their own bios, and after it’s printed they are asked to review it for accuracy. This is specifically true of the literary agency in question and of the industry as a whole.
Offer a fat reward (or funding for their projects) in exchange for information....
Somethings gotta pry the info outta them
Why do all of these people....the publisher, Michelle, Obamas grandmother, Obama himself.....why do all of these people keep making the same mistake? Isn’t it more likeley that all of these insiders know exactly where obama was born and have said so. We know obama to be a liar. That is his best feature. But an entire nation is frozen in fear of being marginalized if those certain words are uttered. That is what does not make sense.
Problem is, your average Democrat has no understanding of the term "laugh test."
So you guys are now “Partial Birthers”?
“The editor of the Harvard Law Review failed to review his own bio for his first book.”
Only an idiot would believe such a statement.
Only a political hack could make such a statement.
I keep hearing Obama defenders say, 'That was just a gaffe'. As if the word "gaffe" means, 'staggering degree of ignorance'.
I looked it up in Mirriam-Webster:
Definition of GAFFE
1: a social or diplomatic blunder
2: a noticeable mistake
Examples of GAFFE
He realized that he had committed an awful gaffe when he mispronounced her name.
[She] committed a huge gaffe when she started drinking from the finger bowl
Iow, you don't say, when you flunk an exam, 'I gaffed it'. No, you just didn't know the answers. You were, iow, ignorant of the subject matter.
Obama has committed his share of gaffes. But believing HI is in Asia is not a gaffe. It's the kind of mistake a Kenyan would make that a native-born Hawaiian never would.
Interesting article. Silence from the media is deafening.
Nothing to see here...
Alinsky tactics are pretty effective. Ridicule, deflect.
conspiricy nuts, birthers, racist etc.
Is it just me or is it kinda rare to work for a business that is a CIA front? I mean, I’ve been working for over 30 years and I’ve never worked for one. Know a lot of people. No one I know has ever worked for one. BTW, I’ve got my birth certificate in the console in my car. Forgot to remove it the last time I NEEDED IT!!!!! Note to self, take your birth certificate out of the car.
It's mindboggling how quickly and thoughtlessly so many dismiss this as a 16 yr long ‘error’. There's no way to know if it's an error or not. If it is an error, then why [to ask just one of dozens of questions] is one week, and only one week, missing from the immigration files in the National Archives—the ones that record overseas arrivals into HI—and why does that One Week include the supposed date of Obama’s birth, Aug. 4 1961???
If you live in moonbat Obamaville, I suppose it's just a strange coincidence. In the real world, it buttresses the idea that mother and baby—who was probably born several mos prior—came to HI during that week. Conveniently, Virginia Sunahara—whose original BC is more tightly guarded than our nuclear secrets—died during that same period. (This also explains why no one in HI remembers SAD getting married, giving birth or bringing a newborn baby home. Not a soul. Not believable that at least one person wouldn't recall some part of this scenario...if it actually happened.)
Yes, I believe granny Dunham secured a birth registration for Obama. I don't believe he was born in HI, however. I used to believe it, but not any more.
Thanks for the ping. Have you seen this thread?
It seems as if new and interesting “back story” stuff is suddenly readily available. Wonder why now and why not in 2007?
Thanks for the Ping. I read this article last night (here in Yokohama) and thought about posting it. Glad someone put it up.
I won't speak for El Sordo but personally, no, I'm not a birther. I still believe that Obama was born in Hawaii and the Vattel "2 citizen parent" argument is a load of bunk that will never get support in any court. In short, I believe Obama is eligible to serve as President.
There is no doubt however that the Breitbart story changes things. I'm not buying for a minute that this was some error made by the literary agents. I now believe there is controversy surrounding Obama's birth. (Does this make me a partial birther? Perhaps.) Turns out Obama isn't afraid people would find out he wasn't born in Hawaii. He's afraid people will find out he used to lie about being born in Kenya.
We cannot witness our own birth. We only know what we have been told.
Occidental, Columbia and Harvard all happen to be private educational institutions. In the 1970s and 1980s I’m not quite certain what kind of scholarship applications Obama was required to file (that is, private or public). I can recall vaguely that there was an umbrella financial aid application that one could fill out for all colleges. I’m not certain that this was official. If Obama filled one of these out incorrectly, then it seems as if it would be alleged fraud. The statute of limitations on fraud probably applies. In any case the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) undoubtedly applies. Having written that, colleges can be fairly leaky with student information (I know because I once worked in the records office for a major university, and it was always a temptation to look up another student’s file, though I never did). This implies to me that Obama might have illicitly had his student files at the educational institutions he attended “cleaned up.”
I am distantly recalling an executive order that Obama passed once he got into office that was related to privacy. I wonder if some details of that EO would further act to decrease access to the information relevant to these types of questions.
Interesting link. Bookmarked to read in more detail later.
Do not know much about this site, or the author(s) of this article
Only an idiot would believe such a statement.
Only a political hack could make such a statement.
Think about this:
1. Here we have Obama just a few years out of Harvard Law School, and now suddenly a major literary agent wants to represent this relatively unknown 30 something young man from Hawaii who has never published a book before. Many young, struggling writers wish that they could be so lucky.
2. Obama is, what, about 30 years old at the time.
3. To promote this new "writer", the literary agent puts Obama's short bio alongside the short bios of famous people like Tip O'Neil, the former speaker of the house.
4. I bet that 30 year old something Obama must have been absolutely excited to see his short bio alongside those of so many famous people that he couldn't believe it, because 30 something Obama had not yet published a book.
5. And, as we now know, Obama's short "born in Kenya" bio ran for about 17 years until around 2007.
6. My point is this: I bet Obama was so excited---he probably couldn't wait to call all his friends and family members to tell them about his short bio that sat alongside all those famous people in the pamphlet--- that he probably had several copies of that short bio around his home to show and give to friends and relatives, so there was no way that Obama, his friends, and his relatives could have missed seeing that Obama's birthplace was "mistakenly" listed as "Kenya."
7. Also, I believe that relatively unknown 30 something Obama looked at his short bio over and over, because he probably couldn't believe that this unknown person from Hawaii had his short bio printed alongside all those famous people.
8. For instance, have you ever had your name in the local newspaper for something you did, like being a star at a sports event in high school?
9. If it was the first time that you ever saw your name or picture in the local paper, remember how you looked at it over and over and how you couldn't wait to tell your friends and relatives about your name being in the newspaper?
10. Well, that is how I believe 30 something and yet unpublished Obama must have felt and done the first time that he saw his picture and short bio in the pamphlet alongside all those famous people: He looked at his picture and short bio over and over for many days and months and years, because he couldn't really believe that this once unknown boy from Hawaii was now moving in the world of famous people.
11. So, if Obama's short bio was printed over and over during a 17 year period, it would be ridiculous for anyone to believe that a relatively unknown Obama from Hawaii didn't pick it up and stare at it many times over that 17 year period in order to reassure himself that he wasn't dreaming and that he was really sharing the same world as famous people who he heard about when he was growing up in Hawaii.
12. It would also be ridiculous for anyone to believe that Obama never had the chance over that 17 year period to correct any "mistakes" that he found in the short bio,especially after he became later became famous when his books became best-sellers.
13. So, again, isn't it reasonable to expect that Obama saw the "Born in Kenya" "mistake" in the bio many times over a long 17 year period, because, like most of us, he enjoyed seeing his name and picture in print?
14. And isn't it reasonable to believe that Obama had many chances over those 17 years to correct the "mistake" so that it would now read "born in Hawaii" but he purposely did nothing about it? Is the Pope Catholic?
And do you find anything fishy about the state of Hawaii only releasing a “verification” of Obama’s birth record after playing a game with the Arizona Secretary of State and utilizing a statute that was amended in 2010 rather than issue an abbreviated birth certificate as is permitted under departmental rules??
Yes, indeed. Are we as a nation “Compromised”?
Was he simply trying to earn “street cred”
I sorta believe that as well. He was trying to sell a book. But the question that keeps nagging me is why did he spend so much money hiding his other credentials?
He is definitely hiding something and it is just astounding that the press will not go after the story.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.