Skip to comments.Calderon And Daley Want Your Guns
Posted on 05/24/2010 4:56:50 PM PDT by Kaslin
Gun Rights: Not happy with interfering in our internal affairs by savaging Arizona's new immigration law, the president of Mexico wants to shred our Second Amendment too. And the mayor of Chicago wants to help.
There stood Mexican President Felipe Calderon before Congress, blaming America for the violence on his side of the border and, among other things, the guns that fuel the Mexican drug war that has claimed more than 23,000 Mexican lives since he took office in 2006. Rather than taking responsibility himself, he shoved the blame on America.
It would all stop, he implied, if America would reinstate a ban on semiautomatic weapons. The violence in Mexico, he said, "coincides, at least, with the lifting of the assault weapons ban in 2004."
He repeated the canard that in the past three years Mexican authorities have seized some 75,000 weapons, more than 80% of them traceable to the United States. Rubbish on both counts.
First, Mexico sends only about one-third of its confiscated weapons to the U.S. for tracing. Of that third, many can't be traced at all due to efforts to remove registration markings.
(Excerpt) Read more at investors.com ...
Put razor wire and minefields on the border and around Chicago, that should do it!
I’ll give Calderon and Daley my guns...perhaps not the way they WANT them...
They want my guns?
COME AND TAKE THEM.
Hmmm,, almost all guns are banned in Mexico.... How’s that working out for Mexico??????
Is it my imagination or is there a larger than usual crop of A%%holes running all around the world getting lots of media attention these days?
If Republicans retake congress, Calderon and Daley should receive the “Republican of the Year Award” as they will have done more to push rural voters back into the Republican column than anything the tea party or RNC could have done.
Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are probably the only thing that keep places like Chicago and Detroit from having record breaking murders even worse than what they have now. What a bunch of dumbasses, morons, idiots, assholes and pansies.
I was taught that you should always cover an 'obstacle' with an appropriate level of fire. I am proficient and available if someone is needed to provide such fire.
Just proves that liberals and democrats are soft on crime mostly because they are the ones who commit most of them!
From the Chicago Tribune:
"We set up an online poll so you can cast your ballot for the stupidest thing the mayor has ever said. The full list would easily take up four volumes. But we've trimmed it down. Voting began at noon Friday and will last until Monday at 1 p.m.
Some of the all-time hits were cut for space, like the time Daley told public housing residents to take only one shower a day to save on water bills.
But we did leave in my favorite: the time he threatened to remove his undershorts. I know. It's scary. At a news conference last week, Chicago Reader reporter Mick Dumke dared ask the mayor why Daley felt the city's handgun ban was effective, what with so many shootings and murders in Chicago. Daley picked up a rifle and said:
"If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. Let me put a round up your, you know."
When reporters on Friday reminded him that the rifle was equipped with a bayonet, and that it's not proper to stick bayonets into the cabooses of reporters, Daley said:
"Well, you stick it anyplace. It's a bayonet, so let's not make trivia about this."
Sadly, the bayonet remarks were uttered after the Tribune poll went online. Still, we have plenty of other Stupid Daleyisms for your perusal.
Perhaps the City Council will issue a flowery resolution for the winner, such as, "Whereas the comment by Mayor Richard Daley about having his shorts scrootened by the media is indeed the stupidest thing he's ever said "
Since it's an Internet vote based in Chicago, vote early and often, even if you're dead."
Which is your favorite?
Mayor Richard Daley has said some pretty outrageous things. Which quote stands out most to you?
◦ On the gun ban: "If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. Let me put a round up your, you know."
◦ On health crackdown: "If a rat is on your sandwich, you hope to know it before. If a mouse is on your salad, it's common sense."
◦ On the casual look: "If somebody takes their tie off, I'm not going to take my tie off. If somebody takes their pants off, I'm not going to take my pants off."
◦ On Hartigan losing gubernatorial nominee: "I supported him. I raised money for him. What else do you want me to do? Take my pants off?"
◦ On his brother dropping a bid for governor: "Scrutiny? What else do you want? Do you want to take my shorts? Give me a break...Go scrutinize yourself! I get scrootened every day, don't worry, from each and every one of you. It doesn't bother me."
◦ On friends winning contracts: "Wha! Wha Wha! Wha! Wha! Wha!"
◦ On state funding, but misspelling a key word: "The state of Illinois funds those centers. We did not cut. They have cut state mental health facilities all over the state. That is state money. Underline that. S-A-T-E money. It's called state money ..."
◦ On Disney World having a no-fly zone: "Now, think of that; Mickey and Minnie have it. I mean, I can't believe that. They get it first before we get it?"
◦ On civil libertarians complaining about police harassment: "It's just a group of people, yuppies and yippies and hoppies or whatever they call them, I don't know. Who are they? Are they worried about the moon coming out or something? The sun is changing and I don't know. This is unbelievable
◦ On railroad safety: "They have a responsibility, they can't get away with it. I mean, they stole the land from the Indians. They took all that land. They got it free from us."
◦ On capital punishment: "I'm pro death! I'm a death-penalty opponent!"
◦ On sexy music videos: "Sometimes the music jumps down from the television and sits right next to you at the bar."
◦ On a City Hall crime package's defeat: "Well, you just pick up your face, and you keep on walking."
◦ On Alderman Patrick Huels' resignation: "It's a wake-up call, I said to me."
◦ On the airport toilet seat cover contract: "Toilet seats are good."
“Didn’t Hilary just sign the Small Arms Treaty with the UN?”
Actually treaties require Senate approval. Slim chance of any such approval in the near term, BUT if election fraud schemes increase the dictatorial power of the commiedems, look out.
If it happens we will find out how the motivation of using guns to fight for liberty and the Constitution compare with using them to run gangs, drugs, and illicit monies.
Marque el numero dos por STFU
Badges? We aint got no stinkin badgers.
Presidente Calderon, senor, si tiene usted una problema con la frontera, la problema es suyo.
Your speeches are not polishing the turd of US-Mexico border control. Not even rolling it in glitter. Go home and do something positive, like take control of your own country which is currently owned by los narcotraficantes.
And this is a surprise from leftist aka progressive gun haters?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.