Skip to comments.20 Suppressed Facts About Israel, Islam
Posted on 04/09/2002 8:19:54 PM PDT by truthandlife
20 facts which dramatically illustrate how history has been totally distorted for political and propaganda purposes in the present Middle East crisis. Unfortunately, for the most part, the worlds news media lets this information pass them by without critical analysis or incorporating it into their own editorial thrust, which often goes against Israel.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C, 2,000 years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C., the Jews have had dominion over the land for 1,000 years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the Muslim conquest in 635 A.D. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Qur'an (Koran).
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be about the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, the Arabs are the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended herself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons. [See Fatah Charter/Constitution.]
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The United Nations (U.N.) Record on Israel and the Arabs: Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 U.N. General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N. was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting their holy sites at the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
We recommend that you make a copy of these facts for your own information in discussing the Israeli-Palestinian situation with anyone who may be uninformed. We would also recommend sending it, by e-mail or letter, to the editor of your hometown newspaper, to your senators or congressman and, yes, even to our own United States President at the White House and members of his cabinet, especially Secretary of State Colin Powell.)
Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Qur'an (Koran).
That land belongs to the Jews. Everything else is just jealousy and noise.
I am totally frustrated by GW's contradicting approach to fighting terrorism. The US is actually an obstacle to peace if we are the ones who wish to stop the IDF from finishing off the Palestinian monsters who are currently in the West Bank and Gaza.
The IDF should rain thousands of mortars and rockets during the "martyr parades" that we see so many pictures of with 8 year old boys dressed as human bombs. Send in the AC-130s and Daisy Cutters. I think that may chance some minds really fast. Until someone can step up to "lead" the Palestinians, then they should be treated no different than the Germans in Dresden, or the Japanese in Tokyo, Nagasaki, or Hiroshima. We still have peace with Japan and Germany.
The Muslims claim he flew there. Really.
The Jews belong to a very old and noble civilzation.
Osama comes from Yemen, so wouldn't it be pretty hard, indeed a real
streeeetch for him to pray facing Mecca with his back towards Jerusalem.
It was some Jewish comic who observed that such a thing is impossible,
for how could you have Jews without Chinese takeout?
BINGO! The small amount of money we send to Israel every year is well worth for that very reason. The WTC and Pentagon attacks are estimated to have cost the US 100 Billion dollars.
There are clueless wonders out there who still don't understand this.
The palistinians are like a bunch of country rubes, being cheated out of their land by a bunch of city slicker lawyer types. They play right into the Israeli hands at every turn. Suicide bombers, what a perfect excuse for some more Israeli land grabing, all in the name of security of course. Of course we're going to return to our previous borders, after we destroy the terrorist infrastructure the Israeli's say. When the time comes however, you will see that they will need to have some additional positions for their security you understand. It's clear the palistinians have been and are still being robbed. If they had any sense they'ed have used their UN support to sell their land, and gain reparations for some outrageous figure, and immigration rights to the developed world. But their a bunch of arab idiots.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.