Skip to comments.5 Surprising Revelations of the Third Secret of Fatima (CATHOLIC CAUCUS)
Posted on 05/13/2016 6:50:01 PM PDT by NYer
May 13, 2016 marks the 99th anniversary of the Marian apparitions at Fatima, Portugal. For the past century individuals around the world have developed theories meant to decipher the hidden message of the three secrets of Fatima. Yet, Sister Lucia said herself that, the interpretation belonged not to the visionary but to the Church. It is up to the Church to interpret the various signs and symbols of Our Lady of Fatima to give the faithful a clear guide in understanding what God wants to reveal to us.
The Church did exactly that in the year 2000 when Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, wrote a lengthy theological commentary and interpretation of the famous Third Secret. He was charged with the task of clarifying the signs and symbols found in the visions of Our Lady, and made some striking discoveries.
Here are five surprising revelations found in the Third Secret of Our Lady of Fatima as interpreted by Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI).
Penance, Penance, Penance!
1. The key word of this third part is the threefold cry: Penance, Penance, Penance! The beginning of the Gospel comes to mind: Repent and believe the Good News (Mk 1:15). To understand the signs of the times means to accept the urgency of penance of conversion of faith. This is the correct response to this moment of history, characterized by the grave perils outlined in the images that follow.
The central message of Our Lady of Fatima was penance. She sought to remind the world of the need to turn away from evil and repair the damage done by our sins. This is the key to understand the rest of the secret. Everything revolves around the need for repentance.
We Have Forged the Flaming Sword
2. The angel with the flaming sword on the left of the Mother of God recalls similar images in the Book of Revelation. This represents the threat of judgement which looms over the world. Today the prospect that the world might be reduced to ashes by a sea of fire no longer seems pure fantasy: man himself, with his inventions, has forged the flaming sword. The vision then shows the power which stands opposed to the force of destructionthe splendour of the Mother of God and, stemming from this in a certain way, the summons to penance.
This particular part of the apparition tends to be the most distressing. It appears that God may strike us all down with a flaming sword. However, Cardinal Ratzinger makes the point that the flaming sword would be something that we create (like the atomic bomb) as opposed to any fire that comes down from heaven. The good news is that the vision records the flaming sword died out in contact with the splendour [of] Our Lady in connection to the call of Penance, Penance, Penance. The Blessed Mother has the final say and her radiance can stop any cataclysm.
The Future Is Not Set in Stone
3. The importance of human freedom is underlined: the future is not in fact unchangeably set, and the image which the children saw is in no way a film preview of a future in which nothing can be changed. Indeed, the whole point of the vision is to bring freedom onto the scene and to steer freedom in a positive direction [The vision] is meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction.
Contrary to popular belief, the intense visions granted by Our Lady of Fatima are not a preview of what will come to pass. They are a preview of what could happen, if we do not respond to Our Ladys call to penance and conversion of heart. We still retain our free will and are urged to use it for the good of all humanity.
The Blood of Martyrs Is the Seed of the Church
4. The concluding part of the secret is a consoling vision, which seeks to open a history of blood and tears to the healing power of God. Beneath the arms of the cross angels gather up the blood of the martyrs, and with it they give life to the souls making their way to God As from Christ’s death, from his wounded side, the Church was born, so the death of the witnesses is fruitful for the future life of the Church. Therefore, the vision of the third part of the secret, so distressing at first, concludes with an image of hope: no suffering is in vain, and it is a suffering Church, a Church of martyrs, which becomes a sign-post for man in his search for God.
It is true that the vision contains much suffering and peril, but it is not in vain. The Church may have to suffer much in the coming years, and this should come as no surprise. The Church has undergone persecution ever since the crucifixion and our suffering in the present time will only produce good effects in the future.
Take Heart. I Have Overcome the World
5. My Immaculate Heart will triumph. What does this mean? The Heart open to God, purified by contemplation of God, is stronger than guns and weapons of every kind The Evil One has power in this world he has power because our freedom continually lets itself be led away from God. But the freedom to choose evil no longer has the last word the word that prevails is this: In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart; I have overcome the world (Jn 16:33). The message of Fatima invites us to trust in this promise.
To conclude, the secret of Fatima gives us hope in the midst of world torn by greed, selfishness and war. Satan will not triumph and his evil plans will be thwarted by the Immaculate Heart of Mary. There may be suffering in the near future, but if we cling tightly to Jesus and His mother, we will remain victorious.
Featuring Mike Church formerly of Sirius Satellite Network.
I heard another say that the third secret of Fatima was the Vatican II council.
What chills me is what one layman said on Church militant tv about Russia spreading her errors. Note this, The Bolshevik revolution hadn't started yet so it might not just be communism coming out of Russia we have to worry about. Something about Vladimir Putin I take it.
And the flaming sword, sounds like a cosmic event like a solar flare or a gamma burst. Now that would do a lot of damage...
I’ve always understood that the flaming sword was the atom bomb.......then the nuclear bomb.
The Cathedral of Our Lady of Fatima in the Heart of the Gulag Archipelago
Archbishop Loris Capovilla has "reservations" about Fatima and Marian devotion in general
Not 2012 But 2017!
On Fatima anniversary, Fr. Apostoli sees atheism overtaking the West (Catholic Caucus)
Fatima, A Grace for Mankind [Catholic/Orthodox Caucus]
High resolution pictures of the miracle of the sun
Pope Benedict XVI and the 'Third Secret' of Fatima (surprisingly fair article)
Bishops must rediscover their role as fathers, declares Benedict XVI from Fatima
Half a million attend the Pope's Fatima mass
[CATHOLIC CAUCUS] Half a million pilgrims join the pope for a Mass in Fatima [VIDEO]
Pope: We Would be Mistaken to Think That Fatimas Prophetic Mission is Complete
Pope Benedict XVI's Homily on the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima
Holy Father's Address at Fatima Shrine
A Marian Offense for Benedict XVI
Vatican cardinal: There is no fourth secret of Fatima
Discourse No. 4.1 Pope Entrusts and Consecrates Priests to Our Lady of Fatima
Pope Benedict XVI in Portugal Discourse No. 4 Homily Vespers with Clergy and Religious
Benedict brings 'Marian Cool' to fevered Fatima devotion
Daily Marian Prayer And Image [DEVOTIONAL]
Papal Visit to Portugal: Text of the Secret of Fátima with Commentary
Papal Visit to Portugal: Apparitions of Our Lady [of Fatima]
Papal Visit to Portugal: Apparitions of the Angel
Papal Visit to Portugal: The Fatima Children
Papal Visit to Portugal: History of Portugal
Benedict XVIs presser on plane to Portugal, clerical crisis and third secret (Catholic Caucus)
Fatima debate: Some say 'third secret' is still secret
The Third Secret (of Fatima) - Did The Pope Lie?
Fatima. The "Secret" Revealed (Catholic Caucus)
Is There Missing Text Of The Third Secret?
Top Ten Scientific Explantions of Miracle of Sun at Fatima (Catholic Caucus)
Fatima and the Theology of the Body: Part II
Fatima and Akita
Fatima and the Theology of the Body: Part I
The Story of Fatima -- Part 2
The Story of Faitma -- Part 1
Pius XII Saw "Miracle of the Sun" [Catholic Caucus] Sister Lucia's Beatification Process to Begin ( Pope Waves 5-Year Waiting Period)
The faithful remember miracle of Fatima, Thousands gather in Washington Twp. on 90th anniversary
Giant new church at Fatima shrine
Fatima: Case Closed
Sister Lucia's Last Moments
Rosary Rallies Planned for Fatima Anniversary [Catholic Caucus]
Sister Lucia's Unpublished Writings Released - Visionary Reflects on Marian Apparitions
Fatima Statue Due at Vatican to Mark a Fateful Day 25 Years After Attempt on John Paul II's Life
Last Fatima child buried in final resting place (Sr. Maria's remains transferred to Fatima)
Our Lady of Fatima, counterrevolutionary and ecumenical
Papal praise at Sister Lucia's funeral Sr. Lucia, Fatima, and Islam
No More Secrets," Visionary Said in 2001 (Sr. Lucia Confirmed Russia Consecrated to Mary)
Mystery Fatima: Death of Lucia Accents Famed Secrets & Area's Hidden History
Sister Lucia, last remaining witness of Fatima apparitions, dies at 97
Mourning for Fatima seer (Portugal declares day of mourning)
Virgin Mary Child Dies (Lucia of Fatima)
LAST OF CHILDREN WHO CLAIMED TO SEE VIRGIN MARY DIES AT 97
Sister Lucia, last remaining witness of Fatima apparitions, dies at 97
SISTER LUCIA RIP
Last child who claimed to see "Virgin Mary" dies
Litany of Our Lady of Fatima
Third Secret of Fatima is not fully revealed.
Our Lady of Fatima, May 13
Someone should send this link to Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton.
Trump, a pro-abort for babies conceived through rape/incest has never had an occasion to ask forgiveness from God.
And Hillary, a pro-abort herself, for all babies, has never spoken of penance either.
And we’re getting closer and closer to sending one of these people to the White House.
The flaming sword from Our Lady of Fatima goes along with what Our Lady of Akita said as well:
“As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful.”
>As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful.
An act such as that would be considered pure evil. No different than islamo filth killing innocents. Pointless and vindictive.
If it comes from God, there’s not much we can do, except pre-plan and pray and repent, in hopes we can stop the punishment.
With 50+ million dead from abortion [and counting], how can one say we do not deserve it?
>If it comes from God, theres not much we can do, except pre-plan and pray and repent, in hopes we can stop the punishment.
I have no punishment coming. My God would never harm innocents nor strike me or my kind down for the evil of others. That crap is for the allah and mohamhead followers.
“I have no punishment coming. My God would never harm innocents nor strike me or my kind down for the evil of others.”
I am not looking forward to Our Lord asking me why I didn’t do more to stop abortion and other evils.
You aren’t Catholic, right?
We’ll have a much better chance of ending abortion under Trump, because after a few years of Cruz, there would have been no United States of America.
The Russian Revolution began in February, 1917. It was taken over by Lenin in November, 1917. The first of the Fatima revalations was on May 13, 1917; thus after the beginning of the Revolution in February and while Lenin was taking control of it.
Haven't spent much time in the Old Testament, have you?
>Haven’t spent much time in the Old Testament, have you?
Just long enough to see it’s not where it’s at.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.