Skip to comments.
Fuse, Burning [ECUSA]
Captain Yips Secret Journal ^
| Jack White
Posted on 06/12/2006 4:43:44 PM PDT by sionnsar
For an occasion so expected, I find it impossible to put together any coherent comments about GC2006. Maybe this is suitable; under a veneer of organization, conventions are chaotic and unpredictable. So here are disorganized jottings and guesses.
- GC will produce a response to the Windsor Report that it will claim to be compliant, but wont be. The response will be as deliberately and carefully obscure as possible: not fudge, but fog. I suspect that single-sex marriage will be the crux. A lot of folks are deeply committed to SSM. They might be able to live with a moratorium on more Robinsons, but not on SSM. Pure guesswork.
- None of the candidates for Presiding Bish inspire. I have no idea who the front runner of the moment might be, or even if there can be said to be one. I suspect that Bishop Parsley would make things as hard as he can on non-ECUSAoid parishes like mine. The rest seem to be variations on Frank Griswold, with Bishop Alexander being the closest thing to The Next Frank. If Alexander is the next PB, it will be a signal to the rest of the Anglican Communion much clearer than a foggy Windsor response. I would not rule out Bp. Schori. Phoebe Griswold has been saying that its a shame there arent any women at the Primates Meetings, hint hint.
- Lots of reasserters are unhappy with the cautious rhetoric of the Anglican Communion Network. Im not, really. The Network seems to be attempting to establish that the departure, the schism, is on the official ECUSA side, not on theirs. There are still plenty of solidly reasserting clergy and laity who are not happy with the idea of a fracture, so its important to make it as clear as possible who it is thats creating the break.
- Rowan Williams is no fool. If brought to the point, he will not sacrifice what unity the Anglican Communion has for a few hundred thousand North Americans, however wealthy.
- A fractured Anglican Communion that excludes the Church of England makes no sense to me at all.
- Revision of the disciplinary canon is probably doomed, and a good thing, too.
Now, we wait.
TOPICS: Mainline Protestant
posted on 06/12/2006 4:43:45 PM PDT
To: ahadams2; Crackhead Willie; meandog; gogeo; Lord Washbourne; Calabash; axegrinder; AnalogReigns; ...
Traditional Anglican ping
, continued in memory of its founder Arlin Adams
if you want on or off this moderately high-volume ping list (typically 3-9 pings/day).
This list is pinged by sionnsar
Resource for Traditional Anglicans: http://trad-anglican.faithweb.com
More Anglican articles here
Humor: The Anglican Blue
Speak the truth in love. Eph 4:15
posted on 06/12/2006 4:44:25 PM PDT
(†trad-anglican.faithweb.com† | Iran Azadi | SONY: 5yst3m 0wn3d - it's N0t Y0urs)
Now, we wait...
posted on 06/13/2006 12:49:52 AM PDT
(Send your senators the dictionary definition of "amnesty")
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson