Skip to comments.NEA 'Gay Axis' Becomes Evident
Posted on 08/12/2003 11:27:08 AM PDT by Vindiciae Contra TyrannoSCOTUS
Teachers' union rebuffs efforts to change the message given to the nation's students about homosexuality.
A rigid homosexual bias within the leadership of the National Education Association (NEA) is clearly evident as the huge teachers' union resists any move to provide information that same-sex attraction can be changed.
Sissy Jochmann, a spokeswoman for the Conservative Educators Caucus, asked this year's NEA delegates to consider helping kids who experience same-sex attraction but don't like those feelings. She spoke to the full convention.
"When I read my speech, you could not believe the thunderous roar of people not even wanting to consider it," Jochmann said. "There might have been a hundred people out of 9,400, or so, delegates that wanted to debate it."
Regina Griggs, a spokeswoman for Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays (P-FOX), said former homosexuals were there, too.
"There were ex-gays who tried to speak on the floor, who had our message, and were denied," Griggs said.
The plea was for the NEA to promote a message of hope for troubled students. Dr. Warren Throckmorton a psychologist and counselor at Grove City College, a Christian liberal arts college in Grove City, Pa. said students who wonder about their sexuality need information.
"They need to know that . . . what they experience in adolescence does not obligate them to a lifelong identity," Throckmorton said.
Jochmann said she thinks the NEA is run by liberal activists because conservative teachers have let it happen.
"(The) number one blame has to be on us conservative (and) moderate teachers in the NEA who are sitting back, letting the NEA collect our dues, and we're doing nothing," she said.
Jochmann said it makes no sense for those teachers to pay dues and quietly accept the NEA's radically liberal social agenda.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To understand the NEA's agenda better, we suggest the following resource: "Grading the NEA," by Perry L. Glanzer, Ph.D. and Travis R. Pardo.
In addition, for the latest news from the world of education, please see the Focus on Education Web site.
Ya, Bill Parcells is a jerk.
the idea that the public school system can be reformed or improved is a phallacy.
Some objections :
1. Government school is the essential force for social cohesion. It cannot happen any other way. A bureaucratized public order is our defense against chaos and anarchy.
2. The socialization of children in groups monitored by state agents is essential; without this, children cannot learn to get along with others in a pluralistic society.
3. Children from different backgrounds and from families with different beliefs must be mixed together. Robert Frost was wrong when he maintained "good fences make good neighbors."
4. The certifiable expertise of official schoolteachers is superior to that of lay people including parents. The protection of children from the uncertified is a compelling public concern.
5. Coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of state power. Compelling children to assemble in mandated groups for mandated intervals with mandated texts and overseers does not interfere with academic learning.
6. Children will inevitably grow apart from their parents in beliefs as they grow older and this process must be supported and encouraged. The best way to do this is by diluting parental influence and discouraging the children's attitudes that their own parents are sovereign in either mind or morality.
7. The world is full of crazy parents who will ruin their children. An overriding concern of schooling is to protect children from bad parenting.
8. It is not appropriate for any family to unduly concern itself with the education of its own children, but it may expend unlimited effort on behalf of the general education of everyone.
9. The State has the predominant responsibility for training, morals, and beliefs. Children schooled outside government scrutiny frequently become anti-social and poverty stricken.
.are refuted by Books or common sense.
Consider the search link below and the post from February, 2002, that alarmed me greatly!
This doesn't even touch on what the Bible has to say about homosexuality.
Indeed, the Torah reserves its most intense condemnation for homosexuality: "to'eva" - abomination... Homosexuality: A Political Mask For Promiscuity: A Psychiatrist Reviews The Data
But it has been moving steadily Leftward for half a century. At this point, the Left is in virtually total control.
Still, it is never too late for Conservatives to fight back. If nothing else, they can discredit the insane pronouncements that come from the National leadership, which has long been considered the strongest Leftwing lobby in Washington.
William Flax Return Of The Gods Web Site
Just take them out and put them in Private School....
Teachers who want to belong to a Professional Education Association should consider joining the Association of American Educators.
Let your colleagues know that they are entitled to receive a refund on the part of their NEA dues that is being used for political activity. Many teachers believe that they must join the NEA to get liability insurance -- The AAE offers excellent Liability Insurance.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.