Skip to comments.Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates
Posted on 09/29/2023 12:34:24 PM PDT by SoConPubbie
Fox News contributor and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Thursday on Fox News Channel’s “The Ingraham Angle” that former President Donald Trump will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee.
Gingrich said, “I suspect the money is there, but the votes aren’t. I’m a big fan of Glenn Youngkin. I think he’s doing a great job as governor. I think in 2028, he could be a very impressive, maybe even frontrunner for president, but not this time. Not this year.”
He continued, “I was talking to our mutual friend, the pollster Matt Towery this afternoon, and Matt said to me, based on what he saw last night, this race is over, Donald Trump will be the nominee, they might as well quit having the various debates because they don’t work, they’re not helping anybody, and I think that’s where we are. I think Trump will be the nominee and the question now for everybody is do you want to see Joe Biden reelected or do you want to help Donald Trump? There’s no middle ground here, I don’t think.”
Gingrich added, “I think the Republican National Committee should cancel the future debates and say, ‘Look, we recognize the objective fact that Trump will be the nominee. We want to work with him.”
He concluded, “In some of these races, some of these polls, Trump is like 43 points ahead of the next person, 43 points. He’s gonna be the nominee.”
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
The GOP needs to unite and line up behind Trump. Just on principle. The Democrats are doing everything they can to game the political system and turn America into a banana republic where all political opposition is crushed. The GOP should have an active interest in stopping this power grab.
But, of course, a large percentage of the GOP is actively working to assist the Democrats in their power grab.
And he will be the President but only if Newt’s buddy Kemp takes a long walk off a short plank.
Maybe Gingrich could explain the concept of a “traitor” to Mars Kemp.
“Marse Kemp” has got to play ball with the Democrats - or else the facts behind his “victories” in 2018 and 2022 will be revealed.
This has been obvious for quite some time.
The GOP is running the debates?
I thought it was the liberal media.
I’m glad they had the debates. Good reminder of the garbage RINOS that dominate the Republican party.
If Trump is certain to be the nominee, why is he wasting time attacking other Republican candidates instead of going after Biden? Why do he and his people want the primaries essentially cancelled? They don’t sound nearly as confident and certain as they claim to be.
Donald Trump in 2016 would have made RINOs look like the fools they are in the debates. Christie is right. Trump is Donald Duck.
I don't like Christie but his nickname is spot on.
I still like the individualism of voting on my own instead of en bloc. The Founding Fathers might even approve.
“I can think of no other party that actively wages political war on it’s own voter base.”
The GOP-E doesn’t care about “their” voting base. They only exist to give us the appearance of a choice.
Apparently you haven’t noticed that Trump has already pivoted to a general campaign against Biden. Watch the speech he gave to the auto workers during the most recent “debate”, while the rest of the candidates were arguing with the Univision reporter about gun violence, LGBTQ, racism and other pet leftist issues.
So much whining here these days.
“Why do he and his people want the primaries essentially cancelled?”
1. no one is calling for the primaries to be “cancelled” ... just the clown car “debates” ...
2. the “debates” as they currently exist demonstrate to the voters that the GOP is a clown show ... not good for the general election in which we need to win both the President and both Houses ...
3. the GOP clown show “debates” have been fertile grounds for producing sound bites that the fascist democrats and corporate media can use to keep biden and the fascists in power ..
3. the sour-grape single digit midgets are deliberately using the clown show “debates” to destroy trump, even though every one of them KNOWS that trump is GOING TO BE THE NOMINEE ... thus, these evil clowns are DELIBERATELY putting their personal hatred of trump ahead of loyalty to the Republic and loyalty to the GOP to drive out biden and the fascists and ...
3. since Trump is going to be the nominee, it’s imperative that the GOP halt the circular firing squad and the waste of resources, and unite and utilize all of their resources to drive out biden and the rest of the fascists, because if they don’t and trump loses, then our Republic is truly kaput ...
We’ve had enough of the childish TDS shenanigans from anti Trumpers. Stop it. Time to rally behing Trump.
The Democrats love these GOP debates as they are able to create anti-Trump campaign ads from them.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.