Skip to comments."The subversion process" Liberalism has learned well from the KGB !
Posted on 01/23/2021 10:25:56 AM PST by ATOMIC_PUNK
In 1970, Yuri Bezmenov, a 31-year-old KGB officer specializing in propaganda, defected to Canada. Bezmenov (also known as Tomas Schuman) was sickened by the oppressive nature and toll of communist totalitarianism, and wanted to devote his life to educating Western nations, America in particular, on what he and the KGB had been doing to us, to undermine and ultimately destroy our societies. In 1984, Bezmenov published a small book, Love Letter to America, in which he explained, in great detail, how the Communists running the USSR were working to destroy America—not using physical weapons, but through what he described as “cultural subversion.”
That same year, he delivered a one-hour video presentation that summarizes his book. (See a four-hour compilation of his video interviews and lectures
Yuri Bezmenov - ALL Interviews & Lectures HQ (1984-1983)
After publishing his book and delivering this presentation, in 1984, Bezmenov began teaching international relations at Windsor College (Canada). He died in early 1993.
In his book and his interview, Bezmenov provided at least 10 major insights that are just as applicable today as they were then:
1) The KGB, the former Soviet Union’s secret police, used only 15 percent of its resources for traditional espionage (or “James Bond stuff,” as Bezmenov put it)—and 85 percent for ideological and psychological warfare (cultural subversion), through the use of “active measures” to interfere in, and degrade, the affairs of enemy states.
2) These “active measures” were designed to corrupt a targeted free, self-governing country (and its elections) to the point where the people acted in the interests of the USSR, though not aware that they were doing so. Those affected people were referred to by the Soviet dictators as “useful idiots” and included prominent figures from Hollywood, authors and others.
In summary, they advocated nice-sounding goals like “equality” (group poverty, as in the USSR) and “social justice” (which is never quite defined, but is always against capitalism, America and Western civilization, in general), while accepting, or not realizing, that they were being used to advance murderous communist propaganda.
3) Around 1965, the KGB sought to undermine America’s elementary schools. By now, three generations of teachers and students have been indoctrinated with subversive Socialist ideologies. This subversion went unchallenged by an increasing number of schools and teachers, which steadily sabotaged (and now vilifies) traditional American values.
4) As these students progressed to universities, they were not only unaware of the lies they’d been told, they were primed and receptive to higher-level indoctrination of hatred for freedom, democracy, individual rights, limited constitutional government, free enterprise, etc. And once they graduated, they became the next generation of leaders, in all segments of society. This ongoing process destabilized our society, as these Communist values clashed with those who still believed in the constitution and its principles.
5) The “destabilization” process was accelerated by also attacking religion, primarily Judaism and Christianity, and turning peoples’ attention to personal, short-term gratification and human degradation of innumerable forms, largely through destroying the family, while the virtues of thrift, goal-setting, diligence, savings and sobriety were gradually forgotten.
6) Further destabilization came by replacing the teaching of important core science, with an overarching emphasis on humanities. America, which once was the undisputed world leader in science and technology, now is witness to the fact that a majority of students in our universities that focus on these disciplines are foreign, primarily from China, who then take what they’ve learned back to their home nations.
And in the case of China, ruled by a Communist dictatorship, we are literally training (if not subsidizing) the rise of our most lethal adversary, which is now approaching the technical sophistication of all of America’s weapons systems.
7) Another key facet of KGB’s subversion efforts was creating a permanent “crisis” mode, with a full-scale attack on free markets and legitimate historical and constitutional organizations. Big-government promises of free goods would be used to encourage voters (who’d been primed for such offers, via our schools) to seek a strong leader or even “benevolent” national ruler to fulfill these unfulfillable promises.
If Bezmenov were still alive, he would undoubtedly say that the United States has now entered into this “civil war” stage, as violent anarchists, Communists, “cancel” militants and other opportunists (including Islamists) use force to provoke attacks against statues (history) and the police in nearly 20 American cities, most of which have been “governed” at all levels by far-left “useful idiots” for decades.
8) After the resulting “civil war,” if the conservative forces who advocate for constitutional rule of law were to lose, a new “normalization” process would take over, as people get used to far fewer rights, but the illusion of less economic dislocation, under the rule of a “benevolent“ (Communist/Socialist) dictator—who, judging from history, will not remain benevolent for very long.
9) To save freedom, Bezmenov suggested very harsh responses to those who seek to violently overthrow our constitution, even if some liberties had to be temporarily suspended. The alternative is a full Communist takeover or an even worse invasion by a foreign enemy.
10) Bezmenov also suggested a mass public movement to remind and reeducate the population as to the virtue of traditional American values, in order to help the citizens regain their confidence in their base values.
Don’t know if it’s a KGB tactic or not, but one couldn’t be more clear thing the leftist Dems do is to accuse the Right of whatever nefarious actions THEY are doing or have done. From “Russia collusion” to “insurrection” it’s pretty darn obvious. Yet it works!, thanks to the fact that a large enough portion of our population is dumber than dirt stupid and/or badly misinformed by the leftwing slime ball media and other assorted sources of (fake) news and information..
KGB methods - bump for later....
We fund an entire intelligence discipline (COUNTERINTELLIGENCE) to guard against such things.
It didn’t work. Cowards.
1) Soon-to-be unclassified docs reportedly state (surprise-surprise) Russians actually wanted HILLARY to win, not Trump! Obama CIA chief Brennan hid the evidence!!
2) Top Putin aids (Vladislav Surkov and Vyacheslav Trubnikov) provided disinformation (fake ‘dirt’) on Trump! (via RUSSIAN AGENT Igor Danchenko) for Clinton campaign/DNC paid-for Steele dossier!!
3) Obama-Biden DENIED desperately requested military assistance to Ukraine
...during the 2014 Russia invasion of Crimea!!
4) $3.5 MILLION from the wife of a former mayor of Moscow! (Elena Baturina) The former mayor of Moscow (Yuri Luzhkov) was a strong advocate for Russia grabbing Crimea. The $3.5 million reportedly passed hands on or very soon after the SAME MONTH that Russia invaded Crimea! (Feb-Mar 2014). Obama admin did nothing but provide them food rations and blankets! They had begged him for military equiptment.
5) Burisma owner [Mykola Zlochevsky] was/is a RUSSIA ALLY! Joe Biden’s son worked for and brought in millions from Burisma. Joe is ON VIDEO BRAGGING about extorting the Ukrainians into firing the prosecutor who was investigating his son and the corrupt RUSSIA-ALLIED owner of the company.
6) For 8 years the Obama-Biden-Clinton admin immensely HELPED the Russians, via Obama’s promised and delivered “flexibility” on missile defense, the Russia-favoring New Start nuke treaty, the Putin-loving Iran deal (Iran and Syria are pawns of Russia in the oil/gas-rich Middle East), the Uranium-One deal, where Obama-Hillary allowed Russia to take ownership of 20% of our uranium production!
7) They (Obama-Biden) deliberately slashed OUR military to pieces. Fortunately, Trump has since brought it back times 10.
In an effort to depict Donald Trump as if he were in an espionage conspiracy with the Kremlin, the Obama administration used bogus information, from a man the FBI suspected was an actual Russian spy”
It turns out that Igor Danchenko, the man the FBI suspected of being an actual Russian spy, initially provided the bogus information about the American, Carter Page, through a former British spy, Christopher Steele.
Through a couple of cut-outs, Steele had been retained by the Clinton campaign to dig up — or, alas, to make up — Russian dirt on Trump. Through his private intelligence business in London, Steele was known to be working for Russian oligarchs, while Danchenko was on Steele’s payroll.
That is, the Clinton campaign, and ultimately the Obama administration, colluded with Russians for the purpose of accusing Donald Trump of . . . yes . . . colluding with Russians.”
—Andrew C. McCarthy, National Review, Sept 26, 2020
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Tuesday revealed a bombshell allegation that Hillary Clinton ordered “a campaign plan to stir up a scandal” by linking President Trump to Russia in 2016 — and that then-President Barack Obama knew about her possible role.
Ratcliffe disclosed the information in a letter published by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) just hours before Trump debates Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, who was vice president at the time.
Clinton’s alleged July 2016 plot would tar Trump by “tying him to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee,” Ratcliffe wrote Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Handwritten notes by then-CIA Director John Brennan, who now is a fiery anti-Trump commentator, say that Brennan briefed Obama on “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.” ...”
Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell is working to declassify documents relating to the investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and, according to Fox News’ Ed Henry, some of those declassified documents will actually show a Russian effort to benefit Hillary Clinton during the election, not Donald Trump.
Henry told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that four or five new batches of intelligence are being declassified, one of which contains an assessment that Brennan sought to suppress, showing that Russia wanted Clinton to win. ...”
“Remember the U.S. intel community came out with that remarkable statement, an assessment that Russia meddled in the 2016 election, and most importantly the intel report claimed that Russia interfered because they wanted Donald Trump to win,” Henry said. “That of course followed the narrative of the now-discredited Steele Dossier.
Well, it turns out Obama’s CIA chief, John Brennan also had intel saying ‘actually Russia wanted Hillary Clinton to win because she was a known quantity, she had been secretary of state, and Vladimir Putin’s team thought she was more malleable...”
Senator Lindsey Graham (R)
Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee
July 27, 2020:
“ He [Igor Danchenko, working for Christopher Steele] calls up a bunch of people in Russia.
Who do you think this information came from?
It came from the Russian intelligence service.”
Re: ((Vladislav Surkov))
“On October 11, 2016, [Christopher] Steele was interviewed in Washington by [Hillary-Obama] State Department official Kathleen Kavalec.
In that interview, he [Steele] identified two of his insider Kremlin sources as Vladislav Surkov and Vyasheslov Trubnikov.”
Surkov has spent over a decade moving up in the regime. In 2013, he became Putin’s personal adviser, particularly on Georgia and Ukraine, where Putin has since made major territorial annexations.
Kremlin-wise, Surkov is top-echelon; he’s sometimes referred to as “Putin’s Rasputin.”
Trubnikov is a longtime regime eminence who ran the SVR (Russia external intelligence service, analogous to the CIA) before Putin came to power. Since then, he has continued to be an insider, while moving on to critical positions...”
—Andrew McCarthy, National Review, May 29, 2019
Article: Was Brennan’s ‘Intelligence Bombshell’ the Steele Dossier?
CU FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] Document Release — Kavalec Memo & Related Records:
Re: Vladislav Surkov:
“Foreign politicians talk about Russia’s interference in elections and referendums around the world. In fact, the matter is even more serious: Russia interferes in your brains, we change your conscience, and there is nothing you can do about it.”
—Vladislav Surkov, personal aide to Vladimir Putin
Re: Top-level Putin aide Vladislav Surkov (DEMOCRAT-Russia collusion)
“She [HILLARY CLINTON] launched the [Russia] “reset” policy after the murders of Alexander Litvinenko, a former Russian intelligence agent who had been granted asylum in Britain, and Anna Politkovskaya, Russia’s leading investigative journalist.
In both cases, the regime of Vladimir Putin was directly implicated. [both were poisoned]
Instead of trying seriously to deter Russian aggression, which in Ukraine so far has claimed more than 10,000 lives, the Obama administration in 2009 created the McFaul-Surkov commission.
Michael McFaul, Mr. Obama’s chief adviser on Russia, was tasked with building civil society alongside Vladislav Surkov, a Kremlin aide responsible for suppressing it. ...”
— David Satter - Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute
Wall Street Journal, June 12, 2017
Putin, being former KGB knows what they did to us through all of the above.
He has realized communism doesn't work, and is deathly afraid the USA will become communist and eventually do the same to Russia as the KGB did to us.
Reich Propaganda Minister, Josef Goebbels, was very clever in creating this form of propaganda because the hypocrisy of it paralyzes the target of this trick. This turnspeak propaganda closely resembles psychological projection and is just as obnoxious.
Good friggin grief! You can't be serious?? Putin is the king of disinformation and deception. Russia, in case you somehow didn't know, is in the process of basically restoring the Soviet Union, or something darn close to it. They, still to this day, have been propping up and arming just about every communist regime on the planet. In fact, they and communist China have, for over 2 decades now, been planning to overtake us as world leader. In 2005 they launched a series of joint war games, in obvious preparation for war with us and our allies.
Russia-China began the so-called "peace mission" series of joint war games back in 2005. They claim it's about combating terrorism, but only a fool would believe that, as the games are large scale and increasingly elaborate. Also in this alliance are Venezuela, Iran, North Korea, and a few other US-hostile regimes.
Recall, Bill Clinton's treasonous ChinaGate scandal began in late 1996...
From the Sino-Russian Joint Statement of April 23, 1997:
"The two sides [China and Russia] shall, in the spirit of partnership, strive to promote the multipolarization of the world and the establishment of a new international order."
"Joint war games are a logical outcome of the Sino-Russian Friendship and Cooperation Treaty signed in 2001, and reflect the shared worldview and growing economic ties between the two Eastern Hemisphere giants."
The exercise started on August 19, 2005, and consisted of combined land, sea, and air elements simulating an intervention in a state besieged by terrorists or political turmoil.
It concluded on August 25, 2005. The force practiced air and naval blockades, an amphibious assault, and occupying a region. Approximately 8,000 Chinese troops took part along with 2,000 Russian troops.
China initially wanted to hold the exercise near the Taiwan Strait, Russia wanted to hold the exercise in Northwestern China near central Asia, but instead settlement was made on the Shandong Peninsula.
There are a number of reasons for the exercise, including:
China is the largest consumer of Russian military technology. The exercise will showcase the Russian weapons including the Tupolev Tu-22M and Tupolev Tu-95 long range bombers.
The two countries are by far the most influential in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation and the exercise will help to strengthen military ties.
Both countries have stated that the exercise is not directed at any one country, but many believed to be a show of force against the United States and particularly Taiwan.
The United States was not invited to observe the exercise, but did observe using satellite reconnaissance. The stated reason for the exercise is counter-terrorism; however, many analysts agree that the use of such heavy firepower, including long-range bombers, is not necessary. ...”
Below, from The Ministry of Defense for the Russian Federation website, Feb 3, 2020...
Military representatives of the member States of the Shanghai cooperation organization (SCO) signed a joint Protocol on the results of the second round of consultations and staff negotiations.
The signed agreement includes issues of comprehensive support of troops and the plan of the exercise stages. Also, during the joint work, the participants visited the Yurginsky training ground, where they conducted reconnaissance of the main stage site.
In addition, the foreign military inspected the place of overcoming the water crossing on the equipment. This will be the first experience for some participating countries.
The consultations were attended by representatives of 8 countries - Russia, India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The negotiations were led by the Deputy Chief of Staff of the Central Military District, Major General Rustam Minnekayev.
The anti-terrorist exercise “Peace mission-2020” will be held in August on the territory of the Central Military District at the Yurginsky training ground in the Kemerovo region.
During the exercise, the military personnel will have to work out the tasks of preparing and conducting an anti-terrorist operation by the joint group of troops (forces) of the SCO member States.
Press Service of the Central Military District
Reporting from Moscow —
Neither Russia nor China has one inch of coastline on the Mediterranean Sea, making it an unlikely and provocative venue for their first joint naval war games.
The 10 days of maneuvers that got underway Monday will include live-fire exercises in the strategic sea connecting Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The point is lost on no one: A powerful new alliance of eastern giants is flexing its muscles in the very backyard of Western Europe — much as China has done on its own in the Pacific.
The war games follow Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Moscow, where he headlined Victory Day celebrations and spent three days making billion-dollar deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin. ...”
The drums are already rolling for the upcoming Russian “Vostok” (east) wargames commencing on September 11. With its focal point in the Trans-Baikal region of eastern Siberia adjoining Chinese Manchuria and Mongolia, this is a nationwide Russian military and societal event.
Touted by Russian minister of defense Sergei Shoigu as “unprecedented in scale, both in terms of area of operations and numbers of military command structure, troops, and forces involved,” Russian state press is declaring that up to three hundred thousand troops and one thousand aircraft will be involved, with the majority from the Eastern and Central Military Districts.
This would be even larger than the near-legendary Zapad-81 maneuvers held in the western USSR during the depths of the Cold War. ...”
Did Communism Fake Its Own Death in 1991?
American Thinker ^ | January 16, 2010 | Jason McNew
In a  1984 book [New Lies for Old], ex-KGB Major Anatoliy Golitsyn predicted the liberalization of the Soviet Bloc and claimed that it would be a strategic deception. ..."
"Golitsyn's argument was that beginning in about 1960, the Soviet Union embarked on a strategy of massive long-range strategic deception which would span several decades and result in the destruction of Western capitalism and the erection of a communist world government."
"Golitsyn published his second book, The Perestroika Deception, after the Soviet Union was dissolved in 1991. This book contained further analysis of the liberalization, in addition to previously classified memoranda submitted by Golitsyn to the CIA. The two books must be read together to get a complete picture of Golitsyn's thesis."
Link to read "New Lies for Old" online:
Link to read "The Perestroika Deception" online:
"Gentlemen, Comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about glasnost and perestroika and democracy in the coming years.
These are primarily for outward consumption.
There will be no significant internal change within the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes.
Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep".
-- Mikhial Gorbachev, former President of the Soviet Union, to the Politburo in November of 1987.
Americas Coming Crisis: Prophetic Warnings, Divine Destiny
By David N. Balmforth
"...while Black Lives Matter claim to oppose police abuse and racism around the world, the organization is simultaneously a great supporter of some of the world’s most brutal and repressive dictators. In particular, the founders of BLM have been staunch supporters and allies of the sanguinary Venezuela dictator Nicolas Maduro and of the Castro regime in Cuba.
In December 2015 Black Lives Matter sent a delegation, headed by the organization’s co-founder, Opal Tometi, to act as observers during the Venezuelan Parliamentary elections of that year. The Maduro regime did not allow accreditation for observers from the Organization of American States, the UN, or the EU. The only accredited observers where from regimes and organizations friendly to the “revolutionary cause.”
Later that same month Tometi penned an article where she espouses, word for word, the regime’s standard text for international propaganda.
“In these last 17 years, we have witnessed the Bolivarian Revolution champion participatory democracy and construct a fair, transparent election system recognized as among the best in the world ,” wrote Tometi about one of the world’s most corrupt voting systems in history.
Earlier in 2015 Maduro was given an award at the Afro-descenndants Summit” held in Harlem. Maduro was invited at the behest of the Black Lives Matter leadership. ..."
[Venezuelan President] Nicolas Maduro with Opal Tometi (right), co-founder
of Black Lives Matter, in Harlem, Manhattan, December 2015.
Also in 2015...
Russia agreed to provide military training for three leftist regimes in Latin America and increase military visits and exercises following a visit last week to the region by Moscow's Defense Minister Sergei Shoygu, Pentagon officials said.
Shoygu met with defense and military leaders in Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua and signed several agreements on warship visits and military training during the visit, which ran from Feb 11 to 14.
It is not clear whether any new arms deals were completed during the visit.
Defense officials said the Russian leader is seeking bases in the region for strategic bomber flights that Shoygu recently promised would include flights over the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. ..."
Russia has pledged to boost military and economic co-operation with Venezuela to help the South American nation deal with growing US pressure.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov’s comments came after his meeting with Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro in Caracas.
Mr Lavrov said any attempts to remove Mr Maduro’s government by force were unacceptable.
The US accuses Mr Maduro of leading a corrupt and brutal regime. ...”
“Russia is a key ally of Venezuela, lending it billions of dollars and backing its oil industry and military.”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.