Skip to comments.Kerry tells Western leaders it would be an 'error' to refer to violent extremists as Islamists
Posted on 01/23/2015 5:01:40 PM PST by Windflier
Violent extremists killing children and others in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria and other parts of the world may cite Islam as a justification, but the West should be careful about calling them Islamic radicals, Secretary of State John Kerry told an audience of opinion leaders Friday at the World Economic Forum.
In a speech calling for a global effort against violent extremism, Kerry said it would be a mistake to link Islam to criminal conduct rooted in alienation, poverty, thrill-seeking and other factors.
'We have to keep our heads,' Kerry said, according to the Associate Press.
'The biggest error we could make would be to blame Muslims for crimes...that their faith utterly rejects,' he added.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
Kerry tells Western leaders it would be an 'error' to refer to violent extremists as Islamists: 'We may very well fuel the very fires that we want to put out'
Let’s call islamists Genghis Kahns instead.
ISIS wont allow you to keep your head...
“We have to keep our heads.”!!!! Is he being snarky or really that completely retarded? (Rhetorical)
Then, Mr. Kerry, just exactly who the heck are they? What an arse.
Stand up comedian . Who knew?
Maybe Kerry is channeling Nevil(sp?) Chamberlain
“Violent extremists killing CHILDREN and others in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria”
Add the United States to that list as well. The timing of his statement truly flys in the face of the Roe v Wade decision anniversary.
What happened to the old maxim, "Appeasement always leads to war." Have they forgotten? Two more years. .
Kerry... an error... PERIOD.
Uh, no John Kerry, violence is what Islam whole heartily embraces. It is not a religion, it’s a plan for war and since it’s cursed appearance has NEVER renounced violence.
Just call them what they are — muslims. If only 1% of muslims are radicals, that means we only have 12 or so million of them to worry about. Of course, the other 99% don’t seem to be helping stop them.
John John smoked way too much MARIJUANA over in Vietnam..and seemingly hasnt stopped yet...
perhaps I should draw hoim a chart highlightng the terms ISLAMIC...in ISLAMIC Caliphate....and the term ISLAMIC...in ISIS???
Mikey a waste of time.
I think he may just be playing to a very stupid base.
If they really, truly wanted to hurt ISIS reputation in the Islamic world they would call them Jews. Thats what counts as the ultimate dis.
Yeah, says something about the non-extreme Islamic world, which is where the real problem lies. The ISIS, or any other single group like it, is just a symptom.
in what Upsidedown Universe does JfK reside!?
Error? They proclaim themselves Islamic... and everything they do is commanded by their Koran. Since when isn’t the Koran Islamic!?
What sold-out Aholes we have in WashDC!
Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot IDIOT!!!!!!!!!
This is what America gets for ‘lesser evil’.
Any real American in Congress would be speaking out against Kerry’s propaganda on a daily basis. They would be calling him on the lies and on his fraudulent service record. Daily. Because that is the right thing to do.
The only people supporting Kerry are his communist fellow travelers, who, birthright aside, are not American in any meaningful way.
But it matters more to win with gutless wonders than it does to fight for America. It’s a lesser evil.
I would be a calamitous error to refer to John Kerry as:
* a patriot
* educated in reality
* any other thing than a narcissitic Massachusetts prick
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.