Skip to comments.‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Phil Robertson Fired Following Anti-Gay Remarks
Posted on 12/18/2013 4:47:00 PM PST by Blue TurtleEdited on 12/18/2013 5:37:38 PM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
click here to read article
**Why should Acts 2:38 offend me? You want me to say heaven. Which if course is the right answer.**
Good! Have you obeyed it? It’s God’s way of salvation. Believing on Jesus Christ as the scriptures have said, will lead you to obeying it. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is closest thing to heaven that one can experience while on this earth.
Thanks for your beautiful testimony.
Why of course I obeyed... were you hoping to trip me up? That’s how you seem to be talking!
Well, I keep wondering about someone who got “religion.” Someone who gets “religion” might thank the preacher. (To be fair, believers can be very confused for a long time after they became believers.)
I don’t preach religion. I preach Christ and I preach the fullness of heaven. How can I do otherwise when the Holy Spirit has tangibly closed in on me to the point where I can feel the battle between Satan and God in my bones (and, always, ends up with God winning)?
Sorry I can’t respond very quick. I’m ordinarily a slow typist, but am hampered even more by cleaning out the bowls and pans from the fudge, cookies, etc. that the wife is preparing.
**You fail to point out all the things that are in the middle.**
All the things in the middle? When I find the time to write a book, I’ll scan it and send it to you.
**Its real easy for lazy Christians to holler hellfire today (and has been for decades) knowing that the most likely response is a NON violent encounter, and they meantime feel really proud of having done it.**
Do I sense a stereotypical bias? So, someone preaches judgment for sin, and they are automatically lazy Christians. When the Lord comes again there are going to be a multitude of souls wishing they had turned to God when ANY witness tried to reach them. Paul said, “What then? not withstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.” Phil. 1:18
**In fact one biblical invitation to salvation said be saved FROM THIS PERVERSE GENERATION not from hell.**
Where is the perverse generation going to lead one’s soul?
**I hope you were humble enough to firmly disclaim that you, personally, had saved your friends life. Or had even been the chief witness.**
I thought I made that clear. I certainly have to him and his family. And he knows it too. He’s just exaggerating, showing his appreciation, which I’m sure he has to anyone that had a role in his being saved by the Lord.
**And anyhow, a decent worldly life isnt all that embracing heaven gets you.**
True! “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable”. 1Cor. 15:19
Thank you for the kind words. God has been very good to me and my family. He deserves all the credit. Even in this earthly life I’ve been very blessed (poor, maybe, by U.S.A. standards, but blessed anyway). I think of the hardships on this earth that the souls in North Korea have to endure. God help them I pray!
I wouldn't put it past the A&E lawyers to insert language in their contract that included a cut of even Duck Commander merchandise sales in stores that are contracted to sell Duck Dynasty goods. But that's as far as such a contract might go.
No fool in their right mind would sign a contract with a television production company that would give that company a share of the profits of said signee's own separate business. By way of analogy, that would be the same as the captains of Deadliest Catch agreeing to give the History Channel a share of their annual crab catch profits.
The chances of them doing that are somewhere between slim, and none.
These people didn't become successful entrepreneurs by making disastrous decisions like that.
They may be hicks, but not rubes.
Yep. The Robertsons were already worth millions when A&E first approached them to do the show. Their success was a big part of what made them interesting to begin with.
They didn't get where they are by being ign'ant.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.