Skip to comments.Obama's 100 Mistakes In 100 Days
Posted on 04/30/2009 3:50:34 PM PDT by winnebago1
Obamas 100 Mistakes, Misstatements and Missteps in his First 100 Days
Undermining Our Values
1. Calling for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act on the White House website. 2. Calling on the White House website for the expansion of federal hate crimes to include homosexual behavior. 3. Calling on the White House website for policies like the Fairness Doctrine that could silence conservative and Christian talk radio. 4. Repealing limitations on taxpayer-funding of human embryonic stem cell research. 5. Repealing limitations on taxpayer-funding of abortions overseas. 6. Pledging $50 million to the United Nations Population Fund, which supports Chinas draconian one-child policy. 7. Proposing new rules to gut conscience clause protections for pro-life doctors and other medical personnel who dont want to be forced to perform abortions or other procedures that violate their values. 8. Proposing increased funding for the nations largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood. 9. Calling on the White House website for a goal that all middle and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year, (mandatory volunteerism). 10. Inviting homosexual families to the White House Easter Egg Roll. 11. Allowing his attorney general to call for the reinstatement of Clinton-era restrictions on the Second Amendment. 12. Breaking his promise not to appoint lobbyists to his administration. He hired 17 in his first two weeks. 13. Breaking his promise to sign legislation only after a five-day period of public comments. 14. Asking that the monogram for Jesus Christ be covered up during a televised speech at a Catholic university in which Obama quotes the Sermon on the Mount.
Undermining Our National Security
15. Apologizing for America in Europe and Latin America. 16. Bowing before the Muslim king of Saudi Arabia. 17. Pledging to base Americas foreign policy toward Iran on mutual respect in a video to the Iranian people and Irans Holocaust-denying dictator. 18. Returning the bust of Winston Churchill given to George Bush after 9/11 by our British allies. 19. Giving British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, the leader of Americas most loyal ally, a box of DVDs that dont work in British DVD players. 20. Ordering Guantanamo Bay closed without any idea of where to send the terrorist suspects held there. 21. Suggesting that some of those terrorists now at GITMO may kill again, but may also be released onto U.S. soil and set up with welfare benefits. 22. Caving to communist Cuba by relaxing travel restrictions and remittances for Cuban Americans before any Cuban political prisoners have been released. 23. Shaking hands with Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez. 24. Sitting silently though a 50-minute anti-American diatribe by Nicaraguas communist president, Daniel Ortega. 25. Releasing Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the suspected of masterminding the 2000 suicide bombing of the U.S.S. Cole. 26. Releasing classified CIA memos outlining our interrogation techniques. 27. Telling our CIA agents not to be discouraged when he acknowledges their mistakes. 28. Declaring a new openness to truth commissions and prosecuting intelligence officials involved in enhanced interrogations of terrorists. 29. Proposing to send a $900 million foreign aid package to Palestinians in Gaza. 30. Asking Congress to relax the law so that some of that money could go to the terrorist organization Hamas. 31. Calling for the U.S. to eliminate its nuclear weapons. 32. Telling Russian President Demitri Medvedev that Americas commitment to missile defense is negotiable. 33. Dropping the term enemy combatants for GITMO detainees. 34. Dropping the term terrorism for man-made disaster. 35. Dropping the term Global War on Terror for overseas contingency operations. 36. Giving his first interview as president to the Arab language network Al-Arabiya. 37. Telling the Muslim world that his job was to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy, when its Muslim extremists who have declared war on us. 38. Proposing that military veterans use private insurance for the cost of a service-related injury before they would be eligible for coverage through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Undermining Free Enterprise
39. Signing the trillion-dollar plus so-called stimulus bill, which the Congressional Budget Office said would actually hurt long-term economic growth. 40. Saying Caterpillar wouldnt lay off workers if his trillion-dollar stimulus bill passed Congress. Obama signed the bill on Feb. 17th. On March 17th, Caterpillar laid off nearly 2,500 workers. 41. Hosting a Fiscal Responsibility Summit one week after signing the trillion-dollar stimulus bill. 42. Railing against outrageous recklessness and greed of AIG bonuses that were legally protected in the so-called stimulus bill he signed four days after it passed, not five as he promised. 43. Breaking his promise on earmark reform by signing the $410 billion omnibus spending bill with billions in earmarks. 44. Proposing a $3.6 trillion budget that doubles the national debt in five years and triples it in ten years. 45. Proposing a carbon cap and trade scheme that will raise energy taxes by hundreds of billions, even trillions, of dollars. 46. Burning more than 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to fly to Iowa for Earth Day to promote wind power. 47. Proposing $634 billion in higher taxes for socialized health care. 48. Proposing to raise taxes on small business owners. 49. Saying the White House is open to the idea of taxing employer-sponsored health care benefits as income. 50. Signing a massive expansion of the State Childrens Health Insurance Program, calling it a down payment on my commitment to cover every single American. 51. Establishing the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research to give bureaucrats the power to ration health care and tell your doctors what care you can and cannot have. 52. Signing the 2009 Omnibus Public Land Management Act, which the Sierra Club praised specifically because it will safeguard millions of acres from oil and gas leasing. 53. Suggesting he has found $1.5 trillion in bogus savings by not spending money in Iraq that we were not planning to spend years from now. 54. Ordering his Cabinet to cut $100 million in spending in 90 days, after proposing nearly $5 trillion in spending in his first 90 days. 55. Proposing to limit tax deductions for home mortgage interest. 56. Proposing to limit tax deductions for charitable donations. 57. Refusing to allow banks to repay TARP money. 58. Bailing out AMTRAK with a 10% increase in its taxpayer subsidies. 59. Bailing out the United Auto Workers Union with billions of taxpayer dollars to GM and Chrysler. 60. Bailing out the United Auto Workers by giving it a majority ownership stake in Chrysler. Yes, the union will own the company. 61. Bailing out Big Labor by issuing an executive order mandating that infrastructure projects paid for with stimulus funds must use union labor, guaranteeing higher costs for the taxpayer. 62. Bailing out Big Labor again by repealing regulations requiring the disclosure of how union dues are spent. So much for transparency. 63. Saying, The United States government has no interest in running GM, then vowing that the government will back auto warranties. 64. Saying, The United States government has no interest in running GM, then firing the CEO of General Motors. 65. Allowing states to set their own fuel efficiency and emissions standards, making it harder for struggling auto makers to compete.
Personnel Is Policy
66. Nominating Timothy The Turbo Tax Evader Geithner as Treasury Secretary to oversee the IRS. 67. Nominating as attorney general Eric Holder, who urged Bill Clinton to pardon tax evader Marc Rich and 8 FALN terrorists. 68. Nominating David Ogden, a prominent attorney for the pornography industry, to be Deputy Attorney General. 69. Nominating Tom Daschle, who owed more than $140,000 in back taxes, as Health and Human Services Secretary. 70. Nominating Kathleen Sebelius, who is ardently pro-abortion and owed $8,000 in back taxes, to be HHS Secretary. 71. Nominating Janet Napolitano, who said, crossing the border is not a crime per se, as Homeland Security Secretary. 72. Nominating Steven Chu as Energy Secretary. Last September, Chu said, Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe, which at that time were roughly $8.00 a gallon. 73. Nominating Ron Kirk, who owed more than $6,000 in back taxes, as Trade Representative. 74. Nominating Bill Richardson, who was embroiled in an ethics scandal, as Secretary of Commerce. 75. Nominating Nancy Killefer, who also owed back taxes, to be the governments Efficiency Czar. 76. Nominating Rosa Brooks, a leftwing acolyte of George Soros, as an advisor to the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy. 77. Nominating Harold Koh, an ardent supporter of using international law in the interpretation of our Constitution, to be the top legal advisor to the State Department. 78. Nominating Carol Browner, who was a member of the Socialist International, to be Climate and Energy Czar. 79. Nominating John Holdren, an environmental extremist and advocate of population control, as the White House Science Advisor. 80. Nominating Dawn Johnsen, who is so pro-abortion she once compared pregnancy to slavery, to to direct the Office of Legal Counsel at the Justice Department. 81. Nominating Charles Freeman, an anti-Israel, pro-Arab apologist, to be head of the National Intelligence Council. 82. Nominating Tony West, who represented American Taliban John Walker Lindh and exposed the Bush Administrations terrorist surveillance program, to the Justice Departments Civil Division. 83. Nominating Annette Nazareth to be Deputy Treasury Secretary, who withdrew after a month-long probe into her taxes. 84. Trying to nominate pro-abortion Catholics to be ambassador to the Vatican, a move even John Kerry opposed. 85. Appointing Ellen Moran of the pro-abortion group Emilys List as his White House communications director. 86. Appointing Melody Barnes, a board member of Emilys List and Planned Parenthood, as his director of the Domestic Policy Council. 87. Appointing Harry Knox of the Human Rights Campaign (the largest homosexual rights lobbying group) to the White Houses Faith Based Advisory Council. 88. Appointing Adolfo Carrion as Director of White House Office of Urban Affairs, even though he is under investigation for kickbacks in a scandal nearly identical to one that cost GOP Senator Ted Stevens his election. 89. Nominating David Hamilton as his first appointment to a federal appeals court. Judge Hamilton has issued a number of controversial rulings, including prohibiting the Indiana House of Representatives from opening sessions with prayers in the name of Jesus.
Other Obama Outrages
90. Telling congressional Republicans to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh. 91. Coordinating attacks on Rush Limbaugh, Rick Santelli and Jim Cramer out of the White House. 92. Hosting weekly parties at the White House, serving up $100-a-pound Waygu beef during what Obama called, the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. 93. Laughing it up on 60 Minutes as the country is mired in a recession. 94. Allowing Air Force One to buzz the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan, creating panic in New York City. 95. Disparaging Special Olympians on the Tonight Show. 96. Allowing his Department of Homeland Security to issue a report accusing pro-life, smaller government conservatives and returning Iraq/Afghanistan veterans of being rightwing extremists. 97. Promising to push for comprehensive immigration reform, i.e., amnesty. 98. Killing the school voucher program in the District of Columbia, while sending his two daughters to an elite private school, rather than D.C.s public schools. 99. Moving the Census out of the Department of Commerce and into the White House. 100. Relying too much on his teleprompter.
And those 100 are just the ones the Media has allowed us to know about.
Glenn Beck had a tragically hysterically funny opening tribute to O’s first 100 days yesterday. I wonder if its up on youtube?
So how long do you think it will take the Republican President in 2012 to make corrections and resolve these 100 idiotic “mistakes?” 100 days?
Gary Bauer ping
Obama will have unlimited funds plus the wholehearted support of the media, no matter how badly things go in the meantime. The Republican nominee will probably emerge after an exhausting primary battle, and will have to repair the rifts between the different groups within the party.
The only thing that is certain is whoever the Republican nominee is, the media will paint him or her as a right-wing extremist, and probably a racist to boot.
Sometimes I think the Republican should announce: Since Soetoro took illegal foreign contributions, I am taking them also—and take a big check from some foreigner right on live TV. Then the Republican should announce: I was born in the United States, but I am keeping my birth certificate sealed. Etc. Rub Soetoro’s nose in his lies and secrets.
McCain could have taped a commercial, entering McCain’s REAL credit card number, with the names “Mickey Mouse,” “Donald Duck,” etc., demonstrating that the Soetoro website was accepting all these contributions.
Of course, that might have resulted in McCain’s winning the election, which would have wrecked the plans of the people who run the Republican Party.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.